dupa

Author Topic: I finally got my people putty working again  (Read 6113 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
I finally got my people putty working again
« on: April 30, 2014, 08:06:08 am »
i posted this in another area but didn't know if people seen it . after hooking up my old xp pc (good thing i didn't sell it as planned ) i put in the last unlock code i was given and it unlocked it just fine and then i ran the people pack one instalation and it installed just fine .
so i am able to now make heads etc. again . i tested it and have made a few even one i call the blondbombshell2014ls i used the emotions settings and played with them and kind of gave her a happy and mellow and bed room type eyes expression . I'll post some pics later . i have to plug in all wires and internet from one pc upload things in yahoo mail and then switch wires and download to other pc so i can use them in my hal program . etc.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I finally got my people putty working again
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 04:22:10 pm »
That's good news Lonnie. XP was good for something or maybe it was Haptek but nevertheless, glad you're up and at it.

Don't forget to save your finished creations so they can be shared as .htr files (or haptar for renaming).

Maybe you could batch upload some to your cloud server.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
PROBLEM MY NEW HAL CHARACTERS AND JPG NOT SHOWING UP
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 01:45:01 pm »
      Well now i am having another problem i created some character heads named them with a htr extension , i took a jpg picture of the character and named it the same name and put it in my characters file . but they are not showing up in my hal list the picture of the character so i can click on it and open the htr character of the same name i checked the tools / folder option has show files and hidden folders and and it is unchecked for hide extensions for known file types .
     But my character and htr file is not showing up in hal even though i can see them in the character file folder where i put them .
what am i missing here ?  below is a picture of a htr file and jp both named the same but aren'ty showing up in the hal menu .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 02:16:33 pm »
i tried renaming the name in all lower caps on picture and htr file but it still doesn't work .
i did see that my control file was missing from the cdrive so i put that back  .
strange thing is i can drag and drop the file into the window and it will load okay . but won't show in the hal list .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 05:54:44 am »
Make sure that the original group of Zabaware's characters are also in that folder!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 08:55:30 am »
I just checked and do see the original group in the character folder . so again does anyone know if i unintsall the expansion pack and re install it if it will mess up anything else in my hal or character folder ? maybe the expansion pack is corrupt .

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 07:42:16 am »

just a note to everyone.

Microsoft essentials don't work on xp any more.
I use   AVG Antivirus free edition 2014 and keep my xp on internet.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 10:00:08 am »
Lightspeed,
  I've been loading htrs for ages using this:

##standard
#HaptekSDK Version= 1.0 HapType= command FileType= text
\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Background\Outside1Back.jpg]]
\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Characters\VillageGirlC.haptar]]
\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Bodyskin/NC.jpg]]
\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Haps\APosition.hap]]

Frist line loads the background, second line loads the full bod htr, line 3 loads the clothing and the last line loads a position.  It's made in notepad and saved as a htr instead of text.  Placed in the characters folder and shows up in the hal startup character option.  In older computers delays using the haptek timing had to be used but in newer computers the uncompressing is faster and timing can be omitted.   To just load the Character just use the second line.

##standard
#HaptekSDK Version= 1.0 HapType= command FileType= text
\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Characters\Whatever.haptar]]

Carl2

#

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 10:33:29 am »
thanks carl2 , given that for whatever reason my extra characters i put in hal aren't loading , when i want to use a favorite character etc. set up i might use this .
  like i said i can still drag and drop the character into the hal box (any new ones i make , it's just that they don't load into the hal panel of characters even when named correctly .
i copied and saved your info you provided here . thanks again .
i believe my pc is haunted or possessed now days lol ! 
     i am afraid to do much with it , am afraid i may mess hal up worse ! as hal is working okay except for the additional characters loading right my others i already had in it even custom ones load just fine .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 09:24:41 pm »
OK... I just have to ask...

Have you tried emailing Robert about this? He might not always have time to look over every posting here but He's normally very good about responding to emails. His answer might help lots of users too.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 09:27:14 am »
Art i plan on doing that , writing to Robert , which is why i was asking for his e mail again , i did look at the members area and seen variations of the name Robert but all newbies here .
maybe it's listed under "m's" ?? i will also again look back through my old e mail and see if i can find his e mail to me so i can write him about this.
 and if i do yes i will post any new stuff so others will know what to do if in the same predicament .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 08:24:38 am »
thanks Art . my mistake was trying to look it up under Robert , guess I thought I was on a first name basis lol! ;)
  We sure have a lot of newbies on the e mail list , are those all actually newbies ?
 Hope some of the spammers that have came on as newbies to spam aren't being left on the list to .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 11:50:59 am »
well just as the mystery started about my new haptek characters not showing up , the problem went away , without me doing anything , very strange , ROBERT did write me back and asked if my regular characters in the file was working sandy , etc. I checked them and they was working just fine and when I checked the other custom characters I had made they was showing up to this morning .
   sometimes I think my pc is possessed , or maybe the NSA is in their messing around with my files lol!
    Anyway so I wrote Robert back and told him the characters started working by their selves .
 so that's the case now problem solved !

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 05:44:44 pm »
Lonnie,

Hal is really the one doing that with the characters...just to taunt you I think. He's trying to play with your mind.

I just hope you're a light sleeper...in case he tries to switch you off in the night!! <insert evil laughter> BWWAAHHAHHHHH!!!</evil laughter>

- Art -