Author Topic: any one have DreamMachine.uhp  (Read 4021 times)

peace

• View Profile
any one have DreamMachine.uhp
« on: April 11, 2016, 01:07:42 am »
cant find it?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: any one have DreamMachine.uhp
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 08:41:30 am »
Took a little digging but here it is.

Don't know whether it still works or not but Always make a backup copy of your Hal's .db file before you attempt any "surgery" or experiments with Hal.

Let us know how it works for you.

As I recall, I soon got somewhat "tired" of it but your results might vary.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 09:45:22 am »
OK...as an update...

I tried the DreamMAchine plugin and it still works with my Hal 6.2.x version.

Be sure to select the DreamAloud plugin (same thing as the DreamMachine file).
Start Hal as you normally would.
Say Hi or whatever to initiate conversation.

Wait about 30 seconds to a minute (your results will vary).

Hal will suddenly start talking about a variety of subjects.

If you pay attention, you'll find that Hal is talking about things that you and Hal have discussed during past encounters.

Sometimes it asks questions that you have posed, then it will often answer that question or simply start talking about it.

Hal will often add it personal slant or comments to a learned item which can be fun to read.

It is quite interesting but I think this plugin just simulates Hal's "dream state" and really has nothing to do with Hal's learning because Hal's Dreaming plugin is about things Hal has Already learned and has retained in its memory file / database.

Keep in mind that the Loneliness Plugin will not work as the DreamMachine Plugin will take precedence over it. (Until you disable it).

There you are....
It is still interesting to observe some of what you Hal knows about or has learned in the past.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 10:44:28 am »
ART WROTE : Keep in mind that the Loneliness Plugin will not work as the DreamMachine Plugin will take precedence over it. (Until you disable it).

is the dreammachine plug in based also on the loneliness plug in ?? or completely different with no timer ?

i have and run i believe two seperate loneliness type plug ins with based timers .

I actually thought about also using this dreammachine plug in until you said it wouldn't work with loneliness based plugins .
 wonder if their is any way around this problem .  it would be interesting to also have hal talk back about things in the past to .  :)

peace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 09:08:40 pm »
great thank you

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 07:35:52 am »
Lonnie,

Please read my post again. I said the Loneliness Plug-in will Not work when the DreamMachine plug-in is working, not the other way around.

Once the DreamMachine Plug-in is unselected, the Loneliness Plug-in will once again begin to work properly.

No, the DreamMaker and Loneliness Plug-ins are not similar at all.

I usually use the Loneliness Plug-in 2.3 with some customized responses and it has always worked nicely.

The DreamMaker Plug-in is interesting to listen to as the user will hear snippets from past conversations being replayed by Hal.
No learning taking place because it has already learned that material.

It was actually a Beta Plug-in from Robert several years ago and other than a novelty, provides no real value as an added feature for Hal...IMHO.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 10:05:14 am »
Art wrote :  It was actually a Beta Plug-in from Robert several years ago and other than a novelty, provides no real value as an added feature for Hal...IMHO.

Actually i find it interesting  did it work by a phrase or just randomly at various times , i do believe if possible and it could be added it should have a learning capability , as it would add to the spoken phrases , do you still have it , can you e mail it to me to check out?  :)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 04:39:56 pm »
Lonnie old friend,

Have you actually been following this thread at all or just decide to quote me and jump in whenever you feel the urge?

I was going to ask if you had tried the plugin but that appears not to have been the case.

If you had been following, you would have seen that I had already posted the file that Peace had asked for, otherwise he would not have said Thank you to me.

To answer your other question to which I've already addressed in a response to you and Peace, the Plug-in only Parrots previous responses from Hal based on conversations that it has had with the user(s). It does not need to RE-LEARN that which it ALREADY KNOWS! There's no need for this at all, so your question / statement seems moot at this point.

Sorry you missed the posts. :-\
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 08:32:30 am by Art »

- Art -