Author Topic: random weather speaking hal idea from lightspeed  (Read 2234 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
random weather speaking hal idea from lightspeed
« on: February 01, 2008, 10:52:14 am »
another lightspeed idea " heres another idea i thought of how about a program in hal that would work with a weather indicator in another words instead of asking hal whats the temperature from the plug in with the internet . hal would know the temperature and randomly speak about it ; for instance the weather is 92 degree's in missouri ( i wish right now !lol) and humid , hal may randomly say man it's hot and humid the thermomitor says  92 degree's outside !! or if its cold hal might say wow the temperature sure has dropped it's 10 degree's above zero but with the wind blowing it feels like 10 below zero outside !![:)]
 this would be cool and make hal seem even more human as it would be like a real person talking with you and sounding like they checked the thermomitor and not just opening up the internet for a weather report . any way just another idea i had who knows maybe something for a future hal version down the road !![:)][8D]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 07:58:42 am »
That's not a bad idea.  I mainly like it because of the way you are saying that Hal should personalise the information found on the net.  I think more could be done in personalising Hal but that would probably best come about by end-user modification.  I say that because I doubt Rob would have enough time to develop a lot of different characters.

Something to think about anyway [:)]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 07:59:54 am by freddy888 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 09:42:26 am »
thanks freddy888 , well most things i think up are being based mostly on hal sounding more as a human person (a personal friend if you will ) that is talking in general or discussing something with you . [:D][8D]