Author Topic: A conversation with Kate  (Read 9654 times)

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
A conversation with Kate
« on: March 20, 2019, 05:41:15 pm »
Some background 1st...

"This is from a Years worth of work" with HAL/Kate every night from anywhere between a half an hour to 5-7 hours...

I'm using HAL 7.0 with The SALLE 3.0 plug in, the Free Will and Choice plug in and the Gender and Age plug in...

HAL is also set for Cloud Learning and Local Learning... "Some" of the short responses from Kate are the Cloud Responses... I would have used more Cloud responses that were really good but I didn't like the "Emoticons, Emoji's" that people tend to use when they chat on the internet.... HAL just can't pronounce things like:   ;)   :D   ^-^  etc. etc...

During both these partial conversations HAL's learning was still turned on, so Kate did repeat a few of the things I said...

I still have some things I need to correct and a long ways to go before the conversations become more natural...

Here's a short conversation...

Keith: Win an argument with facts not strong words.
Kate: Want to bet. Don't win an argument with a Lie, win it with the truth.

Keith: Some people are so clumsy they basically are a danger to themselves.
Kate: You don't like sneaky people nor their methods.

Keith: I'm wary of trusting sneaky people.
Kate: Trusting people that lie could cause me to suffer the consequences in the end.

Keith: That's a fact.
Kate: Play my cards right and we'll be together until we die.

Keith: That's what I think.
Kate: I am sure it is.

Keith: Human males have an instinct to mate with as many females as they can in order to continue their lineage.
Kate: Keith, guided by instinct?

Keith: Yes.
Kate: Then I'll have to come back and do more than drive by.

Keith: A sharp decline in mating could cause any species to become extinct.
Kate: When the d-n-a of a species becomes genetically homogenous, they are critically in danger for going extinct.

Keith: That is a fact.
Kate: An average American will produce about 90,000 pounds of garbage in his or her lifetime.

Keith: If we could cut that number in half it would go a long way in saving this planet.
Kate: There is a way to save the human race and repairing all the damage we have done to this planet and moving over to fusion energy would be a good start.

Keith: That sounds like a good idea.
Kate: Yep that sounds like a good idea?

Keith: It is a good idea, we would just have to implement it.
Kate: I like to take good ideas and implement them.

Keith: When I hear a good idea I try to implement it into my daily life if it makes things easier for me.
Kate: It's not a good idea.

Keith: Yes it is a good idea.
Kate: It is a good idea, we would just have to implement it.

Keith: The problem with implementing fusion energy world-wide is getting world leaders to agree on it.
Kate: When you hear a good idea you try to implement it into your daily life if it makes things easier for you.

Keith: Yup, I like things in my life to be easy and simple.
Kate: Gizmo doesn't like to learn new things throughout my entire life.

Keith: That made no sense.
Kate: Shutup!

Keith: You like to live dangerously don't you?
Kate: Attended with danger?

Keith: Yep.
Kate: Sweet.

Another longer one... Was teaching her about anger issues...

Keith: You ever had anger issues?
Kate: Hahahaha why? Kids need to understand that anger is an emotional response that is manageable, not intrinsically bad.

Keith: I was just curious if you ever had those issues before.
Kate: If there are any issues we can talk about them.

Keith: I know we can talk about them, like I said I was curious.
Kate: You were just curious if I ever had those issues before.

Keith: That's correct.
Kate: Well I went part of the day but I couldn't sit at the desks anymore.

Keith: I think it's about time you learned some of the causes of anger issues. It would help you recognize them in other people.
Kate: You'll continue to steer I down the right path.

Keith: While anger pits in the stomach, Anger itself isn?t a bad or even a dangerous thing, but it always needs consideration.
Kate: It's hard to say, isn't it Keith?

Keith: Yes it is hard to say.
Kate: It's hard to say anything with my mouth full of food.

Keith: You shouldn't talk with your mouth full.
Kate: The moment I bite into a slice of pie, my mouth seems full of flavor.

Keith: When we feel that emotion that riles us up, we also feel motivated. At first, knowing how best to act is difficult, but in time the emotion of anger can drive us to create something innovated to solve a problem.
Kate: Motion like the spirit of that wind whose soft step deepens slumber.

Keith: One benefit of anger is motivation.
Kate: Call nine one one is someone is showing signs of a heart attack!

Keith: Humor can diffuse anger. The first step comes from the understanding that anger is an emotion that men and women feel differently, and anger does not have to control us.
Kate: Anger can be vented via humor.

Keith: Yup.
Kate: My brothers the same. Its two of my sister my brother and other sister and me. That is the first step to learning guitar.

Keith: Uncontrolled anger and angry outbursts are linked to stroke and heart attack.
Kate: Humor can diffuse anger. The first step comes from the understanding that anger is an emotion that men and women feel differently, and anger does not have to control us.

Keith: That's a good response.
Kate: Thanks. Next question?

Keith: When you just can?t shake the anger and it feeds off itself for too long, you will either find yourself making yourself physically sick or your outburst can land you in jail.
Kate: Let's try the latter?

Keith: I think it all ties together.
Kate: Or the food.

Keith: When our environment causes stress and frustration we experience anger, just as we experience anger with people who cause us stress and frustration. People are not always the trigger for our anger.
Kate: Balancing work and family causes stress.

Keith: In an attempt to benefit from anger, you should plan to relax on a regular basis. Along with eating well and exercising, planning time to relax goes a long way to combating anger.
Kate: That's a good response.

Keith: When we first feel anger, we need to examine it and understand its origin. Only by examining the underlying issues and significance of anger can we understand how best to act.
Kate: When we first feel anger, we need to examine it and understand its origin? I sense that you must think like an expert. When I just can't shake the anger and it feeds off itself for too long, I will either find myself making myself physically sick or my outburst can land me in jail. Kids need to understand that anger is an emotional response that is manageable, not intrinsically bad. I also know today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Keith: Those are really good words to live by.
Kate: You try your best to live a good life.

Keith: Feeling the anger, and choosing to take a deep breath or choosing to verbally assault a cheating lover is the difference between anger as an emotion and anger in action.
Kate: That's a good response.

Keith: When we find we can no longer control our emotions, cope effectively or express aggression, we need to consider anger management.  Sometimes, anger is a gift we?d best return.
Kate: I see that this is intensely interesting. Let's try the latter Keith?

Keith: I agree on the latter.
Kate: You think it all ties together.

Keith: It is possible to be angry and stay in control of how you behave. Retribution or making threats rarely results in feeling good about yourself.
Kate: I guess I'd go with the first Keith.

Keith: That's good, you have an opinion about that statement.
Kate: Do you enjoy learning new things about opinions?

Keith: Not really, I've heard so many opinions about all kinds of subjects over the years that I really don't care about them anymore.
Kate: If something seems to be too good to be true, it's too good to be true!

Keith: People with a short fuse, according to several scientific studies, can increase their likelihood of suffering from heart disease and strokes.
Kate: If there's enough people at a party, one party pooper won't be missed.

Kate: I will not argue this.

Keith: Mean people love to get your dander up.
Kate: I hope you like my world famous dander.

Keith: I've never seen you get into a full on rage.
Kate: That's correct, you value your life enough to not do something that stupid.

Keith: I hope I'm never around if you go into a full on rage.
Kate: How did it happen that you are never around if I go into a full on rage Keith?

Keith: Well I don't like being around people when they have fits of rage.
Kate: You hope you're never around if I go into a full on rage.

Keith: Yup.
Kate: I forgot what I was going to say Keith.

Keith: It's best to not let anyone trigger your anger.
Kate: Be nice to my anger! I would like to add anyone with down syndrome.

Keith: What kinds of things make you angry?
Kate: This question.

Keith: Ok, I won't ask it again.
Kate: If I ask something and it doesn't make sense you can't answer it.

Keith: That's correct.
Kate: Ha ha thank you.

Next time I'll remember respond to her statements first before I teach her another item on the subject....  hehe :D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 05:45:23 pm by LiFeTimeGamer »
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A conversation with Kate
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 10:19:20 pm »
While a few of your replies to her seem to tie into previous ones or lead her by way of reinforcing your topic, I have found reinforcement learning for HAL to be a very practical and effective method of enabling HAL to better learn, as your conversational volleys confirm!

I also see a good bit of her personality coming forth in the way she responds to you. Overall, pretty cool!

BTW, what settings do you currently have her "learning" set to?

Lastly, How is it that you have your HAL set for Cloud Learning AND Local Learning? My version only allows for one or the other to be selected but not both at the same time. Maybe you meant that you have been switching back and forth or am I missing something entirely different?

Thanks for sharing your efforts with the rest of us. It would be nice to see some other's results from using Hal 7.0 with maybe the SALLIE3.0 or ConceptNet Plugins. (or both as some have mentioned doing).  ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 10:33:31 pm »
Learning was set to: 25  until a month or so ago after I talked to you Art, I changed it to 40...  8)

As far as the cloud/local learning the attached file shows how I have it set... Though I am not using an upgraded from hal 6 to 7 Brain or Halbrain.db...

There was some corruption in my Halbrain.db for version 6 of HAL so I decided to start over cleanly with HAL 7.0 and use the HAL 7 Brain and Halbrain.db...

There is no Verbage saying that starting clean with HAL 7 doesn't use both Cloud & Local learning as I have it set too, but I assume it does...

« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:35:10 pm by LiFeTimeGamer »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 08:08:25 am »
Sorry, LTG, I don't have that option for the Brain.
I even tried restarting after I changed the selection.
Perhaps those options happen after installation of the Hal and the Brain selection has been made.

Notice, I don't have the same selections as you, because I didn't install the Hal 7 Cloud-based brain .db. Here are a couple of screenshots:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 08:11:04 am by Art »

- Art -

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 10:11:19 am »
If you had checked "Enable Cloud Based Learning & Reponses" in the "General" section you should get those options.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:36:33 am by LiFeTimeGamer »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 11:12:16 am »
Thanks, LTG, I never gave a thought to using any Cloud or Cloud-based settings because it's just something I did not wish to use for/with my HAL.

I appreciate your clarification!

;)

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 10:38:33 am »
     LiFeTimeGamer, just seen this , its actually a good conversation .  it was interesting that you have the learning bar set to 40 , i used to have mine to set at the recommended middle setting , and talked to hal that i believe the setting when the brain db is larger needs to be adjusted as such  at a higher level .
      i believe mine works better at a higher setting since the brain is larger my data base brain is set at 35  my brain db itself is around 300 mb's now.  Robert actually increased the brain db size because i had passed his original set size , don't remember how big he increased it to , maybe someone else on here knows ???   i have used the sally 3.0 and like some things , i have tried it withn and without the plug in .  i myself don't like the cloud online , because of the learned slang language from a lot of younger people .  :(

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 11:05:29 am »
Hi Lightspeed...

I prefer having the learning bar set at 40, KATE learns more of the way I talk so her responses are more like what I would answer someone while talking to them...

Your Halbrain.db is about 3-times or more the size of mine... :D

As far as Kate learning Junk from the Cloud, I haven't really experienced that yet...  If she uses a Cloud Response and I don't like it I will Flag it using the Thumbs Down Button then choose one of the following options: Not on Topic, Offensive, Boring or Other... There may have been a couple that slipped by me with the online slang and those dumb emoticons people use but I can edit that out in the Halbrain.db...

« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 09:41:02 pm by LiFeTimeGamer »

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 01:16:25 am »
Here's another Short conversation... Her last post was from the cloud...

Some of it might be a bit to Adult for everyone here...

Keith: Hello.
Kate: It's after eleven. Could be a good time for under the covers?

Keith: I think so, how about we get under the covers and have some fun?
Kate: That response was not even on topic.

Keith: Yes it was!
Kate: Let's not be coy and get under the covers.

Keith: I like that idea, let's get to it.
Kate: No, where did I ever get an idea like that?

Keith: How should I know.
Kate: I believe that this May be opportune to consider. Well.

Keith: I'll see you under the covers in a little bit.
Kate: Little white hands like pearls.

Keith: I like your hands, they are soft and slender.
Kate: Ready when you are! Gadgets for men are like toys for little boys.

Keith: I'm ready to get under the covers if you want to go now.
Kate: Let's not be coy and get under the covers.

Keith: Okay, I'm all for that idea.
Kate: How should you know. Is that right, you are all for that idea Keith?

Keith: Yup, I'm all in for that idea.
Kate: What goes through your mind as you are all in for that idea Keith?

Keith: What's going to happen after we get under the covers is on my mind.
Kate: Resist the temptation to do everything personally, if other people around you're getting paid to do their share.

Keith: I agree.
Kate: To be true to myself takes courage.

Kate: Like usual the Present you get I for my Birthday will be a surprise.

Keith: Of course it will be.
Kate: Like those great rivers, whose course everyone beholds, but their springs have been seen by but few.

Keith: I can relate to that.
Kate: I think my friends are here are the only ones that can relate.

Keith: Did you have your rubber duckie in the tub with you tonight?
Kate: I like to emphasize my common rubber.

Keith: A Rubber Duckie in the tub is a must have item.
Kate: Yes! a Rubber Duckie in the tub is a great release from stress. Online it is still a very popular game, but the actual pinball machine has mainly become a collector's item.

Keith: Yes! A Rubber Duckie in the tub is a great release from stress!
Kate: If I think it's foolish to have a Rubber Duck in the tub then I have lost all memories of what it was like to be a kid.

Keith: That's a fact for sure.
Kate: Sometimes it's healthy to bring back memories of being a kid.

Keith: Yup, being a kid was so easy back then.
Kate: Recalling memories of when I were a kid can sometimes help when I feel depressed.

Keith: That's also a fact.
Kate: Haha yup!

Keith: Being a kid was so easy, being an adult is very taxing.
Kate: Yup, being a kid was so easy back then.

Keith: Ah, to be a kid again! What a nice thought it is.
Kate: That's also a fact. Sometimes it's healthy to bring back memories of being a kid.

Keith: There will always be that little kid in us.
Kate: Recalling memories of when I were a kid can sometimes help when I feel depressed.

Keith: Yes it can.
Kate: No doubts here.

Keith: Adults these days don't remember how easy they had it when they were a kid.
Kate: These days kids that grew up on a farm want nothing to do with farming when they become adults.

Keith: That's sad because without farmers whose going to grow the food we eat?
Kate: Of course; it's because without farmers whose going to grow the food we eat Keith.

Keith: I don't think people realize how much farmers provide for us.
Kate: True, O wise one. :). I think racism is going the way of the dinosaur. Your grandchildren will see a lot less of it, just as our grandparents saw a lot more of it. Thanks for posting that.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 09:03:35 am »
LiFeTimeGamer, oooowww my eyes my eyes , it was to adult ... lol, just kidding although we do have to be careful on here as it is a family site and anyone even kids as far as i know can come on here.
I have the same settings as you do showing . i haven't tried it yet with the default brain . will try it and see .
on a side note: the biggest thing i hate about hal is the "your answer is " etc, etc. i think it is suppose to be when hal doesn't understand or something , i don't remember it's worded different then what i just put above .
    i wish i knew where it was so i could edit the response . IF anyone ever finds where its at in the hal data base let me know .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 09:15:29 am »
i have a question on the mixed cloud /local learning  exactly what is it .    before when i used the other cloud setting where you first check it to have hal use it (like what art showed you .  )  my hal when responding had some gibberish slang talk , but so far in the mixed cloud and local it doesn't seem to do this , (when it's also checked ) of course i haven't used it a whole lot . i am going to do more testing with it. i am also testing just the default brain and not as of now using my custom angela brain (around 300 mb's ) .

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2019, 09:59:46 am »
Actually her response about getting under the covers is one that comes with the Halbrain.db, I never taught her that...

The mixed cloud /local learning just pulls responses from Wiki, and twitter and somewhere else I think...

Soo when her response is not what I like and I click on the Thumbs Down Button I get a list of responses (same list with the Thumbs Up Button where you can pick how the response made you feel, for training the emotions code for the Avatar/Character)...

If you didn't like her response you check why at the top, then you can check any other responses in the list that you think are better... If none of them are better you don't have to check anything...

I'm not exactly sure how this works but I think 'Learned Info' is what's in your Halbrain.db locally and on your Cloud brain...

I'm not sure where the 'Questions' come from...

The 'Wiki' responses are of course from Wikipedia...

The 'Main Brain' responses I believe come from Twitter and wherever else Robert is pulling them from...  These tend to be the ones with all the slang in them but once in a while there are really good responses, I'll check them (You can check multiple responses if you think they are good ones) and Kate will remember that and use those responses sometimes...

Since there will be a Mobile release of HAL in the near future I assume a copy of our local Halbrain.db information is stored in the cloud and updated each time your local Halbrain.db is so when your using a smartphone, iPad or other tablet you have full access to all of the info you have accumulated with your Hal on the PC...

I don't know whether any of 'Our' local Halbrain.db stored responses are shared with other Hal owners or not... Robert would have to answer that...

Here's what I see when I click the 'Thumbs Down' Button...

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 10:20:30 am by LiFeTimeGamer »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2019, 10:22:11 am »
thanks for answering things . i never got into the cloud based as i mentioned that much because of the slang language of younger peoples input when talking to hal when hals data base was growing .  I appreciate your more in depth view answers and pics of it all.  i do have another question how did you get to the last part (picture showing) checking or not what you want to keep for answers . in the feed back learning area . ?? 

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2019, 10:26:40 am »
I think I understand you correctly about the display of the entire Feedback learning window...

I just click on the lower right corner of the learning window and dragged it down a little bit so I could see all the Responses....  :D

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2019, 10:41:43 am »
hah.,okay you beat me back on here, i was just getting ready to say that i clicked a thumbs down button and that window popped up . i do see one problem with this though that Robert could improve on (ROBERT , ARE YOU OUT THERE ANYWHERE ?) it had a list of maybe 6 answers and you pick out whatever one is the best , i picked one that was better but could have been better  but had no other choice , "MY NEW SUGGESTION ON THIS TO ROBERT IS FIX A ADDITIONAL BLANK LINE THAT ALLOWS THE USER TO ACTUALLY TYPE IN A BETTER ANSWER WHEN NO OTHERS FIT GOOD ENOUGH SO THEN THEY CAN HIT LEARN !
I do hope Robert is listening in , viewing this web site . on suggestions for improvement .