Author Topic: QUESTION FOR ROBERT  (Read 13492 times)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Re: QUESTION FOR ROBERT
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2014, 05:50:31 am »
In England, not sure about the rest of the UK, (Scotland may even go it alone soon) there are plans afoot for ISPs to keep a record of all our emails and texts and things...

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2014, 10:23:06 am »
   Art you mentioned about people posting and tweeting every 5 minutes on social media , we see this all the time (well my wife more then me , but she shows me things ) we are on face book by name only (being signed up ) this way she can keep up with what others are doing that she knows .
    Actually to me their is more bull crap then anything , monkey see and say monkey do , people all trying to impress or out do each other one monkey hits the like button a 300 more monkeys hit the button to ! 
we don't even have our picture on it .
 I think with face book and social media sites one person said it best "THE WORLD IS MERLY A STAGE AND IT'S PEOPLE , THE ACTORS ! WILLIAM SHAKESPEAR .  :) ;)
 And on that final note for all the many lies, half truths , bull ect. that people post on face book and as good reference as to why .
   http://www.bing.com/search?FORM=UP97DF&PC=UP97&q=nasasistic+face+book+users&src=IE-SearchBox

Facebook Study Finds Narcissistic Users Spend Most Time On Site
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/25/facebook-study-finds-narc_n_693719.html

sombunall

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2014, 07:43:19 pm »
I feel the thread got a bit off topic but it reminded me of an issue. I value that hal runs on my local network and I have private conversations. Would this cloud computing use encryption?

Usually I only want to talk to Hal at home and I use vnc to move between computers (mostly a linux guy here). I kind of wish the AOL client had a private server option with encryption so I could just do it all myself. I don't really care about the graphics, just give me the text.

Then again wasn't there an API call for that to use with regular hal?

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2014, 08:27:51 pm »
Thank you sybershot.
I think I will look into getting one. Been away from forums for awhile tired of the way people prostrate for google.
Thanks again.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.