Author Topic: People Putty  (Read 4567 times)

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
People Putty
« on: April 30, 2008, 09:34:25 am »
Hi,
Was wondering if anyone knows how to import a htr into people putty. I know I have to convert the htr into a haptar but getting the haptar to load in people putty is another story. Any ideas? I know how to import from people putty to Hal. I need the other way around.
When a child is born without a soul...

TechSteele

• View Profile
People Putty
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 01:14:40 pm »
Right click the file, hit rename, and change it to a .Haptar
Thats it, im not kidding, hehe

I am guessing you already have show known file types turned on.

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
People Putty
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 01:22:40 pm »
I renamed the file correctly, but when I go to load it into people putty, it just loads the default female head. Am a missing a file or something? I like the white tiger figure alot but can't find anything like him in people putty.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
People Putty
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 05:03:11 pm »
The problem is that People Putty does not accept a Haptar as a loadable file once it has been saved AFAIK.

It only allows for Skins (.jpg), .Haps, .ppps and .ppf (curent Projects).

It does Save as Haptar but not a .htr

Go figure...strange program....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

tedathome

• View Profile
People Putty
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 03:09:00 am »
Art is right, if you have a face skin you want to load and then alter that is quite easy. The hard way is to double-click on your .htr or haptar and use accesory removal tool to get rid of wig, then use a utility to make a screen shot (window only) and then sit back and wait to get lucky for a straight on no teeth showing shot. It takes patience but can be done. I then put it in people putty and was able to succeed in making a grown up Cindy out of a child Cindy. Much more to be said on this topic, but only you can decide if the time and the frustration level is worth it to you.[:)][:)][:)]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 03:10:36 am by tedathome »
ted

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
People Putty
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 09:21:44 am »
Hi Ooglor,
I saw your post on the Haptek forum.
If you want a reply don't hold your breath.
If you get one you probably won't like it.
It seems that Haptek are not interested in furthering their product.

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
People Putty
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 11:56:45 am »
Yeah, I thought I heard crickets chirping when I entered their forum. I have to say that I think, as it stands, People Putty is a complete rip off. The expansion pack is even more of a rip off. Haptek appears as if they stopped everything back around Windows 98 and is now collecting money off of poor suckers like me. ---- Haptek and ---- their outdated, sub-standard products! You can fill in the blanks with something nice but I sure as ---- didn't.

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
People Putty
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 07:22:01 am »

Hello Ooglor 7, I'm just starting to make heads with People Putty, a very amazing toy. But several functionalities don't work (I can do a list, lol) on my PC. And sometimes the program crashes.

Now I know things I must avoid to do, except when PP crashes without any reason (usually near the end)... [:(!][:(!][:(!]

Oh, I forgot to say I do that with a computer from the last century, under Windows 98 and flirting with the minimum system requirement. I thought my problems were located there. After reading your posts on the Haptek forum, wondering if it's a good idea to change my PC. [;)]

About Haptek (please copy and paste the following WHOLE LINK in your browser):

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.haptek.com

But as we say in French, it's not fair to shot an ambulance. [:D]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
People Putty
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 08:15:34 am »
Hi Ooglor,

I don't have people putty but I've friends here (Nige, Ladyblond, Mark, Tedathome,Gt40, Jack) on forum that had it for couple years and they love it.

For as much joy as they get for $50, I figure may be worth it.

As for reloading haptars, I don't know but I note that Art says you can load jpg's.  And like Ted says, take a jpg picture of your haptar on desktop.[;)]

« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 08:20:25 am by Duskrider »

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
People Putty
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 12:20:35 pm »
Hey
 I got an email from a guy named Jack from Haptek. He was down to earth in his response and the guy is alright in my book. I think that people putty crashes either from a RAM situation or settings in newer graphic cards. I can't say I am happy with it but I respect the names listed as to those who do like it and that is enough for me to take it easy on them guys. The problems I encounter can be fixed and then we will all sing songs of celebration.