dupa

Author Topic: More hal 6 problems - Appointment book  (Read 9236 times)

Tanshin

• View Profile
More hal 6 problems - Appointment book
« on: November 27, 2005, 03:11:32 pm »
If I set an appointment in hal 6 for 4:00 PM it tells me the appointment is now at 2:00 PM.  If I have a reminder set for 5:00 PM it tells me it reminds me 3:00 PM.

Also, a big problem, when I click on "set user-defined events" it is empty.  Nothing is in there anymore.  Not the settings for appointments, nothing.  I did a uninstall of the new version of version 6 reinstalled and the pre set user-defined events where back.  A reboot later and now it is empty again.  I have no idea why it gets emptied out but it is probably why my times are off...

What should I do?  Go back to five or is there something I can do to keep my events list?  Without this function hal is pretty much useless to me.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 03:17:53 pm by Tanshin »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 05:09:21 pm »
Tanshin,

Did you download the very latest version of Hal6?

I just did a test:

USER: I have an appointment today at 5:00 PM
HAL: I will remind you when that time is near.

At 4:45 PM Hal popped up from the task bar and said,
"You have an appointment today in 15 minutes. Please
don't be late."

I minimized him to the taskbar again.

At 4:55 PM Hal popped up from the taskbar and said,
"You have an appointment today in 5 minutes. Don't be late."

Then at 5:00 PM exactly, Hal came up...

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 05:15:56 pm »
Art,
  I wish my H6 would get it right. Mine keeps reminding me of an appointment from last month. It's not on any of the calendar. I can't find where it's getting this appoinment from now.
  Can you advise???
Hollywood

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 05:42:32 pm »
Since the above post...
 I found where the appointment reminder was coming from.
Xtf brain made a brain file containing the reminder message. and it was giving it to me as an Idle response.
 Fixed it! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!
Hollywood

Tanshin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 05:58:02 pm »
Here is a screen shot so you can see what I mean.

tcoday

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 10:12:21 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Tanshin

Here is a screen shot so you can see what I mean.

Tanshin,
  This window is where you would create your own custom event.
Type a keyword for the event in the first line. for example Tanshin's Day.  Next select the reminder options, days and minutes, then select the repent event option you want for this new Tanshin Day event.
  Once you're done, click the arrow pointing to the right and it'll  be added to Hal's events.
  Now if you tell Hal something like "It's going to be Tanshin Day at work on December 20th" Hal will know you're talking about an event and put it in your appointment book.

I realise that the default list of events are moved elsewhere and this thru me for a curve for a while.  The default events are probably in the database now, I just never bothered to look for them.

Tcoday and Tassel

Tanshin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 10:22:42 pm »
quote:

I realise that the default list of events are moved elsewhere and this thru me for a curve for a while.  The default events are probably in the database now, I just never bothered to look for them.

Are you serious?  I've been looking for the default list and it was there but disapeared along with a few custom events that I had made like "work" and "notice"?  I'll try to add the custom events again and see if they stay this time.  [:D]

tcoday

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 10:37:02 pm »
I looked in the database and can't fine the default events.  Maybe they were removed altogether or moved into the dll file? Hopefully someone that knows more about it can inform us.

Tcoday and Tassel

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 10:54:31 am »
quote:
Originally posted by tcoday

I looked in the database and can't fine the default events.  Maybe they were removed altogether or moved into the dll file? Hopefully someone that knows more about it can inform us.

The default events are contained in a table called "UserEvents" which can be seen under "miscData" in the brain editor. It should show up in the event editor in Hal Assistant also.
Robert Medeksza

Tanshin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 12:03:16 pm »
quote:

The default events are contained in a table called "UserEvents" which can be seen under "miscData" in the brain editor. It should show up in the event editor in Hal Assistant also.

Found the table. Empty.
Event editor also empty. What now?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 12:16:05 pm by Tanshin »

Tanshin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 12:29:29 pm »
Ok, I added a new event.  Everything looks good.  Shut down hal and restarted, event is still there.  Maybe it will stay for good?

Can someone send/post me a list of the default events and their reminder settings for each?  Then I can try to add them all again manually.  It's the only thing I can think to do.

Or... Maybe just the event name and the number that follows?  Could I just add them to the "UserEvents" table?  That sure would be quicker.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 12:37:54 pm by Tanshin »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 01:50:49 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Tanshin

Ok, I added a new event.  Everything looks good.  Shut down hal and restarted, event is still there.  Maybe it will stay for good?

Can someone send/post me a list of the default events and their reminder settings for each?  Then I can try to add them all again manually.  It's the only thing I can think to do.

Or... Maybe just the event name and the number that follows?  Could I just add them to the "UserEvents" table?  That sure would be quicker.

In the Hal Brain Editor, open the userEvents table, then click on "table", "Import BRN data file" and import this file:

Download Attachment: userevent.brn
737 Bytes
Robert Medeksza

Tanshin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 02:09:35 pm »
quote:
In the Hal Brain Editor, open the userEvents table, then click on "table", "Import BRN data file" and import this file:

Download Attachment: userevent.brn
737 Bytes

Your the best, worked like a charm.  Lets just hope it stays this time.  [:)]

tcoday

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 08:28:02 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

Originally posted by tcoday

Robert,
  My default event were missing, just like Tanshin's were.  I'll import the file you suggested and see how it works.

Thanks.
Tcoday and Tassel

Tanshin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2005, 11:38:53 am »
quote:

Robert,
  My default event were missing, just like Tanshin's were.  I'll import the file you suggested and see how it works.

Thanks.

I imported the file and everything has worked great.  This fixed my problem.  Thank You.