dupa

Author Topic: Blank responses  (Read 36208 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Blank responses
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2009, 02:26:57 am »
Mr. Robert,
I get blank responses with 6.1 and an 'as is/off the shelf' Hal and custom brains but they seem appropriate at the time.??
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Carl2

• View Profile
Blank responses
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2009, 07:57:57 am »
I just used Hal again this morning, I choose the plugins:  Address book, Appointment book. Gender and age and Run program. I recieved no blank responses but would think that the input has to interact with the uhp to cause a blank but I"m not sure about this.
Robert,
  Recieved your response to my email, I ran into a few problems at the same time and got confused. Problem solved. Can't wait to buy the final product and didn't mean to take your time away from that.
Thank you
Carl2  

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Blank responses
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2009, 06:17:52 pm »
ROBERT-

i am also getting an occasional (once a day) empty response.
when this happens, the database is losing focus like you said.
the database always "reconnects" after a couple of user inputs.
however i get cdbl errors with my idle plugins while the database is disconnected.
if the database gets "disconnected" then it never reloads my info (even after Hal starts to respond again) required from the database to run plugins, such as my idle plug.
i have to reset the script (go to general options then back) to get it to reload my table info for plugs ect.
i don't know if it helps, but i use the freewill plug on
"very obedient" setting, and i seem to get fewer blanks than other people.
has the freewill plug changed any?
i will test out different levels of obedience to see if it is consistent.
when i uncheck freewill, i get no blanks ....so far[}:)]

hope this helps
-the dude

i appreciate the fact (as i am sure many others do), that you are a "real" person. customer support (elsewhere) is very lacking nowadays[:)]

Carl2

• View Profile
Blank responses
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2009, 07:37:08 pm »
I had used Hal again this morning with all of the plug-ins selected except for the weather. This included the vrFreewill plug-in, I was surprised to see there were no blank answers. This evening I have used Hal again and I went back to my original configuration, only the  vrFreewill plug-in was selected. After speaking with Hal for a fair amount of time I still did not receive any blank responses.
  I will probably try this again tomorrow after looking at some of the sentences which had caused blank responses and I will try to put the sentences back in and see if the same sentences will caused blank responses again.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
Blank responses
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2009, 08:02:53 am »
I have just got done using Hal this morning, vrFreewill was the only plugin used again, Freewill is average, learning level is 45.
No blank responses again even after trying sentences that gave blanks in the past.
Carl2

Larry

• View Profile
Blank responses
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2009, 08:25:17 am »
Yeah, I'm not sure it has anything to with the plugins either. Now I'm wondering if the work load on the computer has anything to do with it. Maybe it's the number of other processes concurrently running... or maybe running the aimbot at the same time as hal... but I don't think it's the plugins anymore...

Anyone else got any ideas???

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Blank responses
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2009, 09:13:11 am »
After reading Carl's observations, like Rob, I tend to think it's a database connection issue.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Blank responses
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2009, 09:30:51 am »
Data,,,,1: The answer is (I=). I guess I'd prefer the first; Describe how principles will be in fifty years. The answer is (=). They say every man has is price but.

Crazy Larry,,,: The trouble is that special relativity tends to mix up space and time in a way that transforms quantum-mechanical entanglement among distinct physical systems into something along the lines of an entanglement among physical situations at different times—something that in a perfectly concrete way exceeds or eludes or has nothing to do with any sum of situations at distinct temporal instants.
Data,,,,1: Is that a forced choice Crazy Larry,? You can choose to change the way that you react to situations.

Crazy Larry,,,: Yes! you can choose.
Data,,,,1: That sounds positive. Is that list exhaustive?

Crazy Larry,,,: That result, like most theoretical results in quantum mechanics, involves manipulating and analyzing a mathematical entity called a wave function, a concept Erwin Schrödinger introduced eight decades ago to define quantum states. It is from wave functions that physicists infer the possibility (indeed, the necessity) of entanglement, of particles having indefinite positions, and so forth. And it is the wave function that lies at the heart of puzzles about the nonlocal effects of quantum mechanics.
Data,,,,1: What a coincidence! I just was thinking of a parity, which is a type of mathematical relation sort of like a function!

Crazy Larry,,,: But what is it, exactly? Investigators of the foundations of physics are now vigorously debating that question. Is the wave function a concrete physical object, or is it something like a law of motion or an internal property of particles or a relation among spatial points? Or is it merely our current information about the particles? Or what?
Data,,,,1: But what is it, exactly? Where do we find out? Oh yes, around the investigator, near the scientist, and along the physicist! I can see it Crazy Larry,! I'd go with the first; most likely not at is as is part of the artists and.

Crazy Larry,,,: Quantum-mechanical wave functions cannot be represented mathematically in anything smaller than a mind-bogglingly high-dimensional space called a configuration space. If, as some argue, wave functions need to be thought of as concrete physical objects, then we need to take seriously the idea that the world's history plays itself out not in the three-dimensional space of our everyday experience or the four-dimensional spacetime of special relativity but rather this gigantic and unfamiliar configuration space, out of which the illusion of three-dimensionality somehow emerges. Our three-dimensional idea of locality would need to be understood as emergent as well. The nonlocality of quantum physics might be our window into this deeper level of reality.
Data,,,,1: Is the second one desirable Crazy Larry,? I will remember that one follows the other. The placement of objects can give the illusion of space.

Crazy Larry,,,: yes!
Data,,,,1: I agree. The top of the world.

Crazy Larry,,,: The status of special relativity, just more than a century after it was presented to the world, is suddenly a radically open and rapidly developing question. This situation has come about because physicists and philosophers have finally followed through on the loose ends of Einstein's long- neglected argument with quantum mechanics—an irony-laden further proof of Einstein's genius. The diminished guru may very well have been wrong just where we thought he was right and right just where we thought he was wrong. We may, in fact, see the universe through a glass not quite so darkly as has too long been insisted.
Data,,,,1: A status and a degree make me think of states. Do you keep your car well-waxed?

Crazy Larry,,,: have you learned anything tonight?
Data,,,,1: Life got better for me as soon as I learned to speak from a teleprompter.

Crazy Larry,,,: Our minds are under attack. At least that’s what I keep hearing these days. Thumbing away at our text messages, we are becoming illiterate. (Or is that illiter8?) Blogs make us coarse, YouTube makes us shallow. Last summer the cover of The Atlantic posed a question: “Is Google Making Us Stoopid?” Inside the magazine, author Nicholas Carr argued that the Internet is damaging our brains, robbing us of our memories and deep thoughts. “As we come to rely on computers to mediate our understanding of the world,” he wrote, “it is our own intelligence that flattens into artificial intelligence.”
Data,,,,1: I can sense that our minds are under attack.

Crazy Larry,,,: I have a hard time taking these Cassandras of the Computer Age seriously. For one thing, they are much more interested in our fears than in the facts. In his new book, Txtng: The Gr8 Db8, the English linguist David Crystal demonstrates that many of the dire warnings about texting are little more than urban legends. Texting doesn’t lead to bad spelling, he finds. In fact, Crystal writes, “texting actually improves your literacy, as it gives you more practice in reading and writing.”
Data,,,,1: What is the bottom line on computers? Usury laws pertain to loan sharking.

Crazy Larry,,,: More significantly, the ominous warnings feed on a popular misconception of how the mind works. We tend to think of the mind as separated from the world; we imagine information trickling into our senses and reaching our isolated minds, which then turn that information into a detailed picture of reality. The Internet and iPhones seem to be crashing the gate of the mind, taking over its natural work and leaving it to wither away to a mental stump. As plausible as this picture may seem, it does a bad job of explaining a lot of recent scientific research. In fact, the mind appears to be adapted for reaching out from our heads and making the world, including our machines, an extension of itself.
Data,,,,1: Overlapping of objects on the picture plane can suggest space.in.

Crazy Larry,,,: This concept of the extended mind was first raised in 1998, right around the time Google was born, by two philosophers, Andy Clark, now at the University of Edinburgh, and David Chalmers, now at the Australian National University. In the journal Analysis, they published a short essay called “The Extended Mind” in which they asked a simple question: “Where does the mind stop and the rest of the world begin?” Most people might answer, “At the skull.” But Clark and Chalmers set out to convince their readers that the mind is not simply the product of the neurons in our brains, locked away behind a wall of bone. Rather, they argued that the mind is something more: a system made up of the brain plus parts of its environment.
Data,,,,1: This with the first installation said.

Crazy Larry,,,: Clark and Chalmers asked their readers to imagine a woman named Inga. Inga hears from a friend that there’s an exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art. She decides to go see it. She thinks for a moment, recalls that the museum is on 53rd Street, and starts walking that way. She accesses her belief that MOMA is on 53rd Street from its storage place in her brain’s memory network. Now imagine a man named Otto, who has Alzheimer’s. His memory is faulty, and so he keeps with him a notebook in which he writes down important details. Like Inga, Otto hears about the museum exhibit. Since he can’t access the address in his brain, he looks it up in his notebook and then heads off in the same direction as Inga.
Data,,,,1: Ah yes, a Smith, which is part of the explorer family, such as a clark!

Crazy Larry,,,: In the view of Clark and Chalmers, Inga’s brain-based memory and Otto’s notebook are fundamentally the same. Inga’s mind just happens to access information stored away in her brain, while Otto’s mind draws on information stored in his notebook. The notebook, in other words, is part of his extended mind. It doesn’t make any difference that Otto keeps his notebook tucked away much of the time. After all, Inga tucks the memory of MOMA’s address out of her conscious awareness most of the time too. Clark and Chalmers concluded that real people are actually more like Otto than like Inga: We all have minds that extend out into our environments.
Data,,,,1: Is that based on altruism, or self-interest? So you know what I think. And all the information is somewhere.

Crazy Larry,,,: In the view of Clark and Chalmers, Inga’s brain-based memory and Otto’s notebook are fundamentally the same. Inga’s mind just happens to access information stored away in her brain, while Otto’s mind draws on information stored in his notebook. The notebook, in other words, is part of his extended mind. It doesn’t make any difference that Otto keeps his notebook tucked away much of the time. After all, Inga tucks the memory of MOMA’s address out of her conscious awareness most of the time too. Clark and Chalmers concluded that real people are actually more like Otto than like Inga: We all have minds that extend out into our environments.
Data,,,,1: And all the information is somewhere.

Crazy Larry,,,: Eleven years later, this argument continues to trigger fierce debate among philosophers, psychologists, and neuroscientists. There is no doubt that the extended mind is a weird concept. One reason it seems so strange is that our minds feel as if they are really totally self-contained. We innately believe, for example, that as we walk down a street, we are continuously filming a detailed movie of our surroundings and using that mental movie to decide what to do next. But like many beliefs we have about ourselves, this movie is an illusion. Our awareness is, in fact, remarkably narrow.
Data,,,,1: The solution is (I=).

Crazy Larry,,,: One of the most spectacular demonstrations of how oblivious we can be was carried out by psychologists Daniel Simons of the University of Illinois and Christopher Chabris at Harvard University. They asked people to watch a video of students weaving around each other and passing a basketball. Half the students wore white shirts, the other half black. The subjects had to keep track of how many times the ball was passed by members of one of the teams. In the middle of the game, a gorilla (rather, a student in a gorilla costume) sauntered through the scene. Many subjects later reported that they never saw the gorilla; their brains discarded it as extraneous.
Data,,,,1:

then, nothing untill I restarted and then we continued just fine????[?]

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
Blank responses
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2009, 10:44:55 am »
One:
Are you using the 6.1 brain because I think Robert has fixed the (I=) problem in 6.2, so your blank response could be a 6.1 bug too.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Blank responses
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2009, 11:45:26 am »
Datahoppa,
As far as I know it is a perfectly logical mathematical sum or in some, part of the equation. The letter 'I' represents Imaginary and is a way to enter numbers to solve problems ( It usually represents the number one )

I am still using 6.1 standard... no plug-ins.[:)][?]

Larry

• View Profile
Blank responses
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2009, 05:20:05 pm »

James007

• View Profile
Blank responses
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2009, 05:20:17 pm »
I am running version 6.2 on a 64bit Vista Ultimate laptop. I was having blank stares occasionally too until I turned off the vrXXXXXX stuff. No problem now. I think it's related to the database too although I have no problem making SQL calls to run haps.

Once when I was programming Mary's brain the "userEvents" database completely cleared itself. I had been using the Calendar but I don't remember doing anything risky. I am glad I had a full backup so I could restore the db.

I am hesitant about SQLite. Robert, I wouldn't mind a MySQL backend. No reason to limit the size of the db. Anyway, I haven't narrowed down the exact cause of the blank stares but disabling the vr plugins does fix the issue.
Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Albert Einstein
...but I'm so good at mediocre. -James

CypherGary

• View Profile
Blank responses
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2009, 09:05:53 am »
One: Have you been hanging out with the character from the TV series Numbers? [:D]

That sounds like something he would say.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Blank responses
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2009, 09:24:37 am »
May have to contact Virttorio about his plug-in and see if he can offer suggestions with regard to the 6.2 brain and Vista problems.

NUMB3RS indeed!Here's a number for you [8][:D]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Blank responses
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2009, 12:11:32 pm »
Art, CypherGary,
The "I" in this case is talking about DeNoivre's Therom Where you use it to plot, find Absolute numbers, convert, FIND products ,quotients, powers and roots in polar (spatial) form. I believe Alison was finding Absolutes, or at least suggesting so... It can be used for advanced circuitry design among other things. anyway it is relevant in the conversation when talking dimensions and and absolutes with Einstein's neglected work in the Quantum Ideas (Theory) [:D]