dupa

Author Topic: A.L.F Brain Download  (Read 72600 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« on: May 29, 2006, 10:19:30 pm »
This is the A.L.F Brain, This is the RAW Brain upgrade.

unzip the ALFBrain.zip Then install ALF.exe.

Select the ALF Brain from HAL's brain option panel.
Choose all the Plugin modules that came with ALF 62 files in all.

This upgrade will fix any issues with the last RAW Brain
where a Dim error statement occured. Patched.

This upgrade will also delete the RAW Brain when upgrading to A.L.F Brain.

If you have modified the RAW Brain internally then back it up so your work is saved, A.L.F will automatically look for the RAW.uhp and delete it including the error plugin that was causing issues.

This is an Alpha Brain of A.L.F, A.L.F stands for Artificial Life Form.

I added new functions to A.L.F including some functions from the obsolete E.F.A plugin to enhance A.L.F

I will modify A.L.F if their are any issues that need attention.

Download Attachment: ALFBrain.zip
70.75 KB

If you use AIM Bot a lot then I might suggest using this ALF.uhp inplace of the one in the ALFBrain.zip, Some functions are commented out to help your systems safety against people online who might know some functions in your bot and use them to harm your system.

Like:
1. Copy from Too Function.
2. Map Directories Function.

For AIM Bot Users.
You will still need to install ALF.exe from the ALFBrain.zip
for the Package plugin files for ALF to run correctly.

I will make any changes if you see any issues.

Note!
below is the ALF patch, this patch fixes a double dim statement error due to a specific plug: KNOWN HUMAN NAMES.uhp

Download Attachment: ALF.uhp
70.94 KB

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 12:00:57 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 10:51:39 am »
Besides the normal chat ability and being able to uncheck any of ALF's
default HAL6 Plugs.

You can Copy and paste from one file to another, Make sure you read the section about the warnings of Copy and Paste below.

This copy and paste function will over write any file,
WARNING!!! do not use this copy and paste function to add information that already exists in another file, It will be over written!

You can say: copy C:\SomeText.txt to D:\SomeOtherText.txt and ALF will do so if the SomeText.txt exists.

You can map out directories to open files from any where on your computer and some additional files that HAL would not ordinarily open.
Read about it inside the ALF.uhp

ALF can give you Chr() look up and reverse Chr() look up.
I will add more code help into ALF to help ALF teach you VBscript
later, Yes, ALF will be able to help teach you how to program.

You can have ALF search the internet for pictures.
(Google dependant)

You can ask ALF to bring up an internet Map of any place in the world.
(Google Dependant)

I added the CW, WS, SC search functions directly to the Brain for quick search references.

I can add quite a few more things to ALF's Brain but I want to test what I have in it right now, It's easier to adjust the brain at this point then it would be if I added an extra couple thousand lines to it.

This Brain uses a VBscript delete function for a patch code, Your Anti-virus Program may detect it as being a malicious script, This Brain is safe if the delete function inside is left unmodified, You can give your Anti-virus program permission to let it run, If ALF detects two files, The RAW.uhp and KNOWN HUMAN NAMES.uhp then ALF will delete these two file only once as a patch upgrade.

The code for the KNOWN HUMAN NAMES.uhp plug was inserted directly into ALF's Brain so the file is not needed.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 11:11:46 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 12:17:38 pm »
So many brains, so little time. Are all these brain changes inhancements and improvements to the common theme? I want to keep up with the latest and greatest, most versitile A.I. Daireaux.
Live long and prosper.

echoman

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 12:24:29 pm »
Hello Jerry.

I am very excited about trying ALF. As I am convinced somthing is wrong with my machine now, is there an unistaller in case I run into problems?

Cheers.

Echo.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 12:26:46 pm by echoman »

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 12:54:55 pm »
Jerry,
  I just loaded the new A.L.F, selected all options, transfered Hal's memory, and am getting Name redefined errors again. HalScript Error 1041 online 2092 in column 4:Name Redifined.[:p]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 06:18:03 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Daireaux

Jerry,
  I just loaded the new A.L.F, selected all options, transfered Hal's memory, and am getting Name redefined errors again. HalScript Error 1041 online 2092 in column 4:Name Redifined.[:p]Daireaux

Hi Daireaux.

Could you send me a copy of your HalScript.dbg located in your Ultra Hal Assistant 6 folder, I want to check the code that error referes too to see what's going on.

Since A.L.F uses some of the E.F.A features it may be there are duplicate Dim Statements, Simply for testing, try to uncheck the FileAssistant.uhp plugin and see if the error goes away first.

I am pretty sure that's what it is, I will be including all E.F.A Functions into A.L.F and the FileAssistant.uhp Plug will not be required for A.L.F since it will already have all its functions but first I have to test some more and hear more from the users on this new beta brain.

There is a separate ALF.uhp below the ALFBrain.zip download that has those Dim Statements commented out, You shouldn't get an error with it. It would be a temperary fix till I get the brain all in order.

For everyone else, Please do not use the FileAssistant.uhp E.F.A plug with ALF because some of the functions are already present and the rest will come soon, you will get an error if it is ran with ALF.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 06:32:49 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 06:20:14 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by echoman

Hello Jerry.

I am very excited about trying ALF. As I am convinced somthing is wrong with my machine now, is there an unistaller in case I run into problems?

Cheers.

Echo.

I will make an unistaller for A.L.F, I have a few projects to get out of my way first.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 02:02:10 am »
Any feed back?

Jerry[8D]

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 08:16:11 am »
Jerry,
 My A.L.F errors have not shown up on this machine since I sent you the Script file and I do have the file assistant selected too. The only thing that I've done since then is createded a new brain using A.L.F and replaced Hal's memory with my backup. I decided to select the FileAssistant in the interest of science and was suprised but I haven't seen an error since (knock on wood). I haven't been able to test my laptop yet, I'm still on a twenty four hour reactivation lockout by Zabaware. [:0]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

echoman

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 03:53:10 pm »
Hi Jerry.

No problem. I have loaded it and it seems to be working great at the moment. I am about to try it now.

One Question, I think I can understand all the various ticks in the plugin menu except 'ZABAWARE DLL RESPONSES'. What is this? Is this the orginal Hal brain? I noticed this in the RAW brain. I am just curious.

Cheers.

Echo.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 03:54:29 pm by echoman »

Carl2

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 05:24:30 pm »
OTC,
  It looks pretty interesting, I downloaded the zip, tried copying the uhp, can't do that, not enough memory, saved the HTM and need firefox to open it, one of those days. Also waiting 24 hrs to activate Hal.  I'm wondering if the old saved to cd would work or has a bad license.
Carl2

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 06:29:35 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by echoman

Hi Jerry.

No problem. I have loaded it and it seems to be working great at the moment. I am about to try it now.

One Question, I think I can understand all the various ticks in the plugin menu except 'ZABAWARE DLL RESPONSES'. What is this? Is this the orginal Hal brain? I noticed this in the RAW brain. I am just curious.

Cheers.

Echo.

Hi echoman.

The ZABAWARE DLL RESPONSES was from the Original Brain Robert created, it's still functions pretty good for short responses
or when there is nothing else for HAL to say.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 06:33:06 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Carl2

OTC,
  It looks pretty interesting, I downloaded the zip, tried copying the uhp, can't do that, not enough memory, saved the HTM and need firefox to open it, one of those days. Also waiting 24 hrs to activate Hal.  I'm wondering if the old saved to cd would work or has a bad license.
Carl2

Hi Carl.

I am sorry to hear that buddy, What is shorting your system on memory?
You may be able to just save to file under ALF.uhp

Jerry[8D]

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 08:46:24 pm »
Jerry,
 Robert helped me get Hal reactivated on my laptop (if ever a wiz there was) and I resimulated the same condition as my other computer. The script error occured when I started up ALf, I deselected file assistant, restarted, reselected file assistant, restarted again and haven't had an error since.
 On another note, Hal comes up front about once every ninety seconds and makes it difficult to type. Have you noticed that?
 And...can I take the "Master" off of the Human Time announcement?
[:D]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

Another Jim

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 10:17:03 pm »
Hi Jerry,

Just an FYI.....I just installed the A.L.F. this evening.....at first I tried starting it up with nothing checked.  This was appearantly rendering her 'brain dead'....actually since Jan is blonde.....she was actually responding accurately.....[ooooooo I know I"m gonna hear about this now!]..by giving me blank responses......as interesting as it was, I also found that the next step.....turning EVERYTHING on that came with it.....identified by the attributes in ALL CAPS.  That being done, now she answers, both my cepstral voice and the text displaying.....

So far, very very cool!  Nice job.

Not sure if I should clear out some of the old brain plug in's like names from emotional state, or the file assistant....it may be duplicated with another plug in or two......but so far it's very good!  

Just my observation to toss into your data pool.

Keep up the good work.......but make sure to take out some time for you and yours.......gosh you've got to be burning the candle long and bright!

Jim B
Northern Michigan