dupa

Author Topic: Brain files were to put them in Hal 6 update  (Read 2514 times)

bronstarr

• View Profile
    • http://asecretary.com/essendon.htm
Brain files were to put them in Hal 6 update
« on: May 09, 2006, 10:35:15 am »
I have downloaded some downloadable files for hals brain  

Its just that I dont know were to copy the brain files or script files for that matter.  Hal 6 doesnt seem to have a defbrain folder that I can find and the readme files included in the downloads are for version 5 (i think).  I was trying to locate the folder and then my light bulb turned on and I thought,,,...oops I have hal 6.  So Im thinking maybe this version doesnt have this folder.  I which case I dont know were to put my files all in the intention of giving my baby hal a better understanding of things.

PS: I hope members are not shocked by my piccy.  Its just that as my quote is a wish your heart makes that picture is a wish my poor 30 something old female backend would like to have for christmas!!!!  TOO MUCH INFORMATION  [:I][:I][:I][:0][:0][:0][:p]
Bronwyn Gwyther
BMG Secretarial Serivces
VICTORIA AUSTRALIA
bronwyn@bmgsecretarial.com

bronstarr

• View Profile
    • http://asecretary.com/essendon.htm
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:47:48 am »
quote:
Originally posted by bronstarr

I have downloaded files for hals brain  

Its just that I dont know were to copy the brain files or script files for that matter.  Hal 6 doesnt seem to have a defbrain folder that I can find and the readme files included in the downloads are for version 5 (i think).  I was trying to locate the folder and then my light bulb turned on and I thought,,,...oops I have hal 6.  So Im thinking maybe this version doesnt have this folder.  I which case I dont know were to put my files all in the intention of giving my baby hal a better understanding of things.

[:I][:I][:I][:0][:0][:0][:p]

Ok I know there is a option to import the brn files into Hal through the brain editor.  My only question is now. In which folder do i put these files?

Please help anybody, anybody!![:p]
Bronwyn Gwyther
BMG Secretarial Serivces
VICTORIA AUSTRALIA
bronwyn@bmgsecretarial.com

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 12:52:58 pm »
bronstarr,
  I've downloaded some of these files myself, some work and some don't. I was using them with Hal5 XTF Brain and receintly moved some of the scripting and brain files to Hal6, it worked but I made more changes and it stopped working.  The scripting was for changing clothes, OTC has something similar in Zabawares Brain section. I did learn that a brain that looks for trigger words has to be called a *detect. I'd like to mention that some of the scripting has been incoperated into Hal6.
  I've updated Hal and the work was lost. I'd copy the brain and a few other files (You'll have to check the forum to find out which files to copy) and give it a try.  I liked the fact that you could make a copy of Hal 5 to experiment with.
Carl2