dupa

Author Topic: My first attempt at a new skin  (Read 21640 times)

jackgephart

• View Profile
Re: My first attempt at a new skin
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 07:40:22 pm »
Here's another Alien Skin that I was working on today. I hope you all like it. Look at the eyes!

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2014, 10:27:59 pm »
Live long and prosper or die trying.

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2014, 10:32:38 pm »

He's smiling because he knows the invasion is coming soon!  8)

Jack, this is another outstanding work of Art (I mean 'work of Jack'  ;) ). It would make a great poster.

The background is perfect.  ;D

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2014, 05:19:49 am »
Thanks snowman, the eyes were a big challenge. I had about five different textures on them before I picked the ones that I used, and then lining up the face eye with the top eye was very painstaking. But I'm happy with how it turned out and I hope you like his space logo that I put on his shirt. Thanks for commenting. Also, glad you liked the background, it was from a recent movie. 

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 08:36:48 am »
Good to see you again Jack, I thought you fell off the side of the Earth ;)

Good work too  8)

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2014, 02:46:42 am »
I can definitely see the detail you put into it. When I saw the logo the first thing I thought of was, "that's one tough alien". What's also interesting to me is how you managed to suck in the alien's cheeks with shadows. That's a lot of hard work.

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2014, 05:29:06 am »
Freddy, it's good to read you again too! Thanks for the compliment. I was trying to get back into People Putty, but it looks like I'm going to have to buy a cheap XP computer first.

Snowman, thank you for commenting, but guess what? The sucked in cheeks were already on the picture that I used to make the head. I just had to place the mouth in the right spot. I love the internet!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2014, 11:49:02 am »
Yes it's good to see some of the people come back to the forum , we are like one big family on here ! p.s. happy valentines day everyone !

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2014, 12:04:52 pm »
I could not get it out of my system, I had to come back. I just wish that I could find a cheap PC with XP on it. Then I'll be back in Black!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2014, 08:52:55 am »
Jack,

www.craigslist.com - saw several older XP Professional computers, etc. - $50

Try some of the local mission stores, Goodwill, etc. as a lot of those places will have some older computers to sell.

Lastly, garage sales, yard sales, flea markets, etc. are other good places to look.

Don't forget to bargain / haggle over price!

Good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2014, 11:20:38 am »
Also check e bay they still sell some xp pc's , i have an area 51 pc game that i loved to play but can't on windows seven if with the compatibility mode "but" IF ANYONE EVER HEARS OF A WAY TO GET it to play on Windows seven correctly let me know !
  yes their is xp's still out their .

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2014, 03:57:38 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

I don't have that particular game but I can tell you how I was able to get some of my older games to work on Windows 7 64-bit.

The 1st thing that I would like to bring to your attention is, there is a significant difference between having your Windows 7,
set up to boot up directly into Windows administration mode, versus having your Windows 7 boot up into a selective user.
Meaning: when your computer boots up you have to select a user by clicking on the icon, and typing in your password.

let's discuss that you set up your Windows 7 to boot directly into the administration mode, and the administration mode is the only user profile.

1st you have to create an icon and put it on your desktop for the program that you are working on, if there isn't one there already.
2nd right mouse click on it, click on properties, click on tab, shortcut, click on advanced, click on the check mark run as administrator, click okay.
3rd if he apply button is highlighted, click on apply, this is important to do it at this point in time.
4th click on compatibility tab, click on change settings for all users, when you are running a computer that is solely in administrative mode this is where you have to make the changes.
5th click on the checkbox, run this program in compatibility mode for: you have to be very precise, even though it ran in Windows XP but the program was originally written for Windows 2000 you must select Windows 2000, this is important, if you do not know exactly when the program and what version of Windows it was originally written for you need to go on the Internet and look this information up if you no longer have the box it tells you this. Even if the box says it will work on Windows XP if it was written for Windows 2000 you must put it in Windows 2000 mode.
6th if the box under privilege level is not checked, check the box run this program and administration mode. At this point in time, try the program to see if it's working.
7th under settings, this has to do with the graphical interface the older the computer the more you have to turn off. This is probably the most complicated of all the setting because it has so much to do with the visual appearance of the software given that you can get the software to run. The only advice that I can give you in this situation is to use the help me choose what compatibility mode to run this program.
In most cases if the software starts or if you can get the software to load onto your computer but the visualization is incorrect using the help me choose the settings Wizard is my only suggestion.

Now if you have your Windows setup to start in a specific user because there are several people that use the same computer this is when things get a little tricky, because not only do you need to set it up inside of the administrator mode and you will also need to set it up in the user mode.

If this being the case when you go into administrative mode, do not use the change settings for all users just change the compatibility mode frontal screen, that's the screen that has the help me choose setting: on it.
And do not check the run in administrative mode under the shortcut tab. Only check the box under privilege level if the software needs administrative privilege, this can usually be identified by a box that will pop up while you are trying to run the software in user mode stating you need to give administrative privilege.
Once you do this then you go into that user mode, and set up in the user mode for the software, giving it user privilege under the shortcut mode, as well as administrative privilege under compatibility mode.
If you are running this software under several different users then you need to set the compatibility mode for each individual users do not use the change settings for all users under administration mode.
Just change each user.

The only other thing that I know is if you are having problem with the software not seeing the key code which is on the CD or DVD that the software came with.
If you have your computer set up to boot directly into administrative mode and the software cannot see the encrypted key that is on the CD or DVD.
This can be resolved in 2 ways.
You can go on the Internet and get what is called a key cracker for the game, most of these were written by hackers so be careful, but what this does is allows the computer to use the Internet to get the key code off the Internet that has been set up by the hacker that wanted to be able to play the game.
The 2nd and probably the safest is to create a user mode, this does not work on all of the games but I have had pretty good success with the game being able to see the key code that is on the DVD or CD for the game to run.
One of the games that I can bring up would be dungeon siege, if you have dungeon siege in order to get dungeon siege to see the key code on the CD you need to create a user call it dungeon siege for that particular game.

I hope this helps, sorry about barging in on this forum about this off-topic subject but lightspeed asked.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2014, 06:48:32 pm »
Well, enough about games, I just made a new skin and I think you are going to like her. I call her Jane. I used the same htr that I used for the Sarah Walker skin. It works very nicely.

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2014, 04:03:08 am »
She's lovely. Her eyes are very pretty. Its almost has a lightening flash look. If I met a girl like that in real life I would definitely compliment her on them.