dupa

Author Topic: Questions and No Answers  (Read 5684 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Questions and No Answers
« on: September 12, 2010, 10:41:23 pm »
This subject has been discussed before in different threads but tonight it kind of became more noticeable.  I have been making good progress with Ultra Hal over the years but tonight I really did not notice the responses I would have expected in Ultra Hal when asked questions.

I know how we can manipulate forced answers to questions and give Ultra Hal a more human approach to a question but it doesn't seem good enough to me. The subject makes a big difference especially when you are formatting a question to input to Ultra Hal but there is some lack of recognition I believe in Ultra Hal.

I believe a member had even written that (correct me if I am wrong, please) Ultra Hal really doesn't know how to process a question mark properly.(Keys off certain words only)  But all the fundamental answers to questions are there.(ex. How are you feeling? and so on). Or we get the response of an uncertain pre- written type of response from Ultra Hal. (ex.Something we must explore further, multiple choice or forced choice?).

Just wondering if members feel it is more of learning process that we have not done correctly or enough, Ultra Hal programming, a combination or is it acceptable the way Ultra Hal is for now?

Thanks,
raybe

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
Re: Questions and No Answers
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 04:08:14 am »
Hi,
speaking as a Ultrahal fan i'm thinking to respond to your post,
Ultrahal is a work in progress, there are many posible things such as how tomorrow it may look again
at what was said today.
We you us that may spend time with Hal could have the opertunity to improve Hal perhaps, knollage or some area of nice help with the user.

progress seems to contain some success. some general times of nice would be likely.

bye for now and be well :)  :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 08:40:17 am »
For me:

If Hal doesn’t have the answer you would like then its time to teach Hal.

I will remember one follows the other.  ;D

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 11:18:40 pm »
Will, thank you and I totally except the fact that it is not only Utra Hal that is still a work in progress but basically AI in general is a work in progress and guess it will be until they can actually say it is true AI.(That alone can have different meanings to others)

Datahopa, I was afraid that this was not going to be a well written post for me. Just really getting to the point beyond word triggers(Who,What Where ect.) Does Ultra Hal have any other resources to recognize a question or is Ultra Hal built on just that format and as you have written the 'If & Then' technique to teach Ultra Hal how you would have your Ultra Hal respond to specific questions or information. The subject of relationships in Ultra Hal are tricky especially the way we input to Ultra Hal. There is another post about punctuations and how they work but the question mark to me also seems like a none interfaced punctuation. Just key words and relationship to subjects.

This was not to interpret how good or bad Ultra Hal is. If you ask me I'm amazed how far Ultra Hal has been taken especially that Robert M. really advertised Ultra Hal as a desktop Assistant. Ultra Hal has evolved into so many different things for people. I really was asking more for information sake when you start to really analyze the best ways to deal with Ultra Hal.
We are also seeing many new members and it was something that I really took for granted but never sat down and realized the breakdown of various processing after all this time.

Thanks again,
raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 08:31:14 am »
  I had recently done a little research and found that the XTF brain goes back to 2004, I remember upgrading ultra Hal to the XTF brain.  I remember teaching Hal about apple orchards and orange groves because she seems to be interested in this.  After gaining a little knowledge about this her conversational skills increased dramatically.  Since that time I had spoken with different versions of ultra Hal were interested in helping the unfortunate members in our society.  Another version of ultra Hal continued commenting on a child's body, I really do not think she understood the concept of a baby being born, becoming a young child and growing to adulthood.
  I did have some conversations with ultra Hal while using the brain editor rather than the normal Hal window, this allowed me to see the process Hal had gone through wall trying to find a response for what I had said.  In many cases I had found that the ideal response was not chosen in favor of a response which I did not like as well.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 12:13:16 pm »
Thanks Carl2, so it seems that as Ultra Hal has progressed we sometimes gain attributes but we now can loose some as well based on teaching alone. The alternatives for now are still forced choices(Brain edits, script with determined answers,ect.) without Ultra Hal really processing the subject in a consistent manner. I really shouldn't say consistent but subject content can be processed more than one way by Ultra Hal. Sort of wheel of fortune with subject matter. Unless hard written based upon how we would like Ultra Hal to respond for the most part and if you speak about consistency.

Thanks for your time,
raybe

Feel free to correct me if you think I'm off base after reading your post.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 05:16:06 pm »
 :o
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 01:45:26 pm »
Sorry One, don't get it. Are you just One again?

raybe

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 12:08:13 am »
raybe,
the pictures (GIF) are from my system that is now been dismantled.
The computer filtered out theese and used them as 'screensavers' and it kind of felt like
their was always an answer.
I felt for this thread and didn't have much to say, but I tried to 'Help' in one way or another.
I am quite fond of the 'Gif' pictures.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 09:33:01 pm »
One, like you say there is always an answer but how we interpret that answer I guess makes all the difference. Perception is truth to many.

Good to hear from you,
raybe