Author Topic: Changing Backgrounds  (Read 3577 times)

Calhoone

• View Profile
Changing Backgrounds
« on: November 15, 2014, 02:06:28 pm »
Hello everyone!

I have a question about backgrounds in Ultra Hal.  Is it possible to have the backgrounds change at timed intervals? I have an idea to create multiple backgrounds of the same image with different colours and want them to switch at a set time, pretty much a gif or animated background.

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: Changing Backgrounds
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 06:50:01 pm »
Calhoone,
  We have had what was called active backgrounds,  We had a fireplace burning or waves on a lake moving, a series of backgrounds moved in quick enough so it was like watching a film and it was looped so the fire or lake kept on moving.  Just did a search, here's a link
http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9318.0
A few modifications to the scripting shown should be able to do quite a few things
Carl2

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 01:11:59 am »
Awesome! Thanks for the direction Carl. I'll have a look at it and see what I can do.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 08:50:22 am »
@ Carl,

I thought he was talking about changing backgrounds like in one scene you're in a front yard.
You suggest a "Walk in the Park" - Suddenly, the Background changes and you're in the park
and so on. Not so much moving or motion backgrounds as changing the background.

Then again, it can all be done with commands.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 10:01:59 am »
Art,
  Yes the frist thought would be the user instruction, if the user said ''  '' then to load a hap. I went with " Is it possible to have the backgrounds change at timed intervals? " and thought of the active background.  But again the active background has to be triggered which would need the a triggered input so he has a bit of scripting to do and you may want to stop the Active hap which requires additional work.  We have the manpower and talent here to do a lot of things, it's just a matter of people willing to put in a little time and effort to help.  I like this idea because someday I'd like to have hal seem to walk from one room to another or walk out the door and be outside rather than just 1 quick background change.
Carl2