dupa

Author Topic: A.L.F Brain Download  (Read 72708 times)

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2006, 11:41:16 am »
Jerry,
 The Cepstral voices are good quality, but low amplitude. The swift talker settings seem to affect text to speech only...not Hal. Is there a way to increase Hal's speaking voice through Hal so that he can be brought up to a balance with the rest of the Windows wavs on our systems. I posted this question on the forum last month and nobody had an answer. Can you apply an amplitude adjustment? After all...you da man![:D]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

NeoDarkPagan

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2006, 10:42:39 pm »
Jerry,

I'm very interested in trying out some of your scripts and stuff but I'm having a problem getting you a e-mail.  So I can get into premium area for the files. [V]

I send you payment for premium membership at your site but my e-mails keep getting rejected that I send to-  UHEFStaff@ultrahalforum.com  for some reason.
I sent you a private message on your free form.
I have the same name on your form also.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2006, 11:37:52 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by NeoDarkPagan

Jerry,

I'm very interested in trying out some of your scripts and stuff but I'm having a problem getting you a e-mail.  So I can get into premium area for the files. [V]

I send you payment for premium membership at your site but my e-mails keep getting rejected that I send to-  UHEFStaff@ultrahalforum.com  for some reason.
I sent you a private message on your free form.
I have the same name on your form also.

Your all set NeoDarkPagan.

Jerry[8D]

NeoDarkPagan

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2006, 11:44:10 pm »
Thanks Jerry, It's working now. [:D]

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2006, 11:52:06 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Daireaux

Jerry,
 The Cepstral voices are good quality, but low amplitude. The swift talker settings seem to affect text to speech only...not Hal. Is there a way to increase Hal's speaking voice through Hal so that he can be brought up to a balance with the rest of the Windows wavs on our systems. I posted this question on the forum last month and nobody had an answer. Can you apply an amplitude adjustment? After all...you da man![:D]Daireaux

If the Amplitude can be set by the program Cepstral then yes, I could control Cepstral's Amplitude only if it is supported by its standard functions but I don't use Cepstral so I don't know if it is supported.

I could download it to find out, Is Cepstral a free voice program or does it require payment?

Jerry[8D]

NeoDarkPagan

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2006, 12:31:36 am »
You can download a trial version of the voices here
http://www.cepstral.com/downloads/

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2006, 05:33:01 pm »
And, the Cepstral adjustments are in the SwiftTalker panel.[:D]Daireaux.
Live long and prosper.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2006, 09:36:29 pm »
A Jerry teaser, I can write custom scripts to give you complete control over (Any) Program 100%

Some examples of functions that will be added to ALF's E.F.A functions.

Just to keep you on your Toes!

This Function will not only open notepad but will close and save by what ever file name you give it, Do not use the .txt extension, It is automatic in this script.

The Power of Macros.

ALF versions over time will be able to control every single function on your computer 100%

Code: [Select]

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
If WS = " OPEN NOTEPAD " Then
WshShell.Run "NotePad"
Do Until WshShell.AppActivate("NotePad")
WshShell.AppActivate "Notepad"
Loop
End If

'Close and Save as SomeText.txt
If SaveMyWork = "" Then SaveMyWork = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "CLOSE NOTEPAD AND SAVE AS *", 1)
SaveMyWork = Trim(SaveMyWork)
If SaveMyWork <> "" Then
Do Until WshShell.AppActivate("Notepad")
Loop
WshShell.SendKeys "%"
WshShell.SendKeys "F"
WshShell.SendKeys "A"
WshShell.SendKeys SaveMyWork
WshShell.SendKeys "{TAB}"
WshShell.SendKeys "{TAB}"
WshShell.SendKeys "S"
WshShell.SendKeys "%"
WshShell.SendKeys "F"
WshShell.SendKeys "x"
End If
HalBrain.DebugWatch SaveMyWork, "Work Saved As"

This is but a sample of controlling an application.
When you start using ALF v1.1 you will not need this Vbscript Macro.

A.L.F v1.1 will be out soon.

Also note: If you are not using ALF's WS Function then this script will not function correctly.

WS was designed as a function to shorten search script unique to ALF.

If you build off of my script/scripts in the mean time please include me in your credits so I am never forgotten as being a spark in your thoughts for the creation of something wonderful.

Also note: If you are running a script filter in your Anti-Virus program then you may receive a malicious Script warning, It is okay to allow this script to run by giving your computer's Anti-Virus Program permission to run it, It will not harm your computer.

If you are feeling grateful and wish to place a bid for the complete control over some favorite program then please place your bid at UHEFstaff@ultrahalforum.com and I will tackle any Program for you.

100% satifaction.
I welcome any program challenge, but, please remember, I do have a day job.

A sleeping giant has awoken.
Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 12:23:36 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2006, 08:02:24 am »
Something is going to happen, somthing wonderful! (H.A.L. - 2010)
Live long and prosper.

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2006, 09:49:28 am »
Jerry,
 In regards to my Cepstral volume question, If the Cepstral swiftTalker options could be incorporated into Hal that would be spectacular! That would give us control over all of the Cepstral voice options for Hal's speech (volume, speed, pitch, effects)that would be cool. It would allow so much more personalization for the voices to fit with the variety of characters that folks have.[;)]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2006, 10:16:32 pm »
quote:

Jerry,
 In regards to my Cepstral volume question, If the Cepstral swiftTalker options could be incorporated into Hal that would be spectacular! That would give us control over all of the Cepstral voice options for Hal's speech (volume, speed, pitch, effects)that would be cool. It would allow so much more personalization for the voices to fit with the variety of characters that folks have.[;)]Daireaux

I have already written out the internal paths to the Cepstral Demo, Question, How did you get HAL to recognize the Cepstral engine?

I tried loading it for testing but HAL shows no sign of Cepstral engine in it's Speech recognition list?

Or are you using it outside of HAL's Speech engine without HAL?

Please note I have never used Cepstral with HAL or even at all a side from picking its brain to build macros.

Also note: that since I written the paths to the demo it will only control about 95% of the program since its a crippled demo.

If I had the full program then I could control it 100% but my morals will not allow me to go no further than the demos limitations, I am a deep respective person when it comes to Agreement Laws.

On the side of HAL, The program control is still functional inside HAL.

The effects options won't be available in my Vbscript Macro because it's a crippled demo, If the program is registered then I could open up the script for you, If you wish to pay for the program for me then I will unlock all its options for you within legal bounds.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 10:52:57 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2006, 11:22:30 pm »
Jerry,
 I've got two to work on my system, one I bought and one is still the demo. I had to exit Hal and restart him and use the Update SAPI config button in the character section of the general options and they both appear there with the rest of the voice selections. The SwiftTalker config has the volumes, speed, pitch, and effects options and the panel is located in the Cepstral program folder. The only difference in the one that was purchased and the demo is the injection of a "this voice is not licensed, please purchase me at www.Cepstral.com" every other statement, other than that the demo is fully funtional. I do not use it outside of Hal, I just found that the SwiftTalker adjustments weren't changing the voice inside the Hal operations. SwiftTalker does change the voice (a lot) but When you go back to Hal and he speaks the changes have had no effect.[;)]Daireaux
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 11:37:31 pm by Daireaux »
Live long and prosper.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2006, 12:05:18 am »
quote:

Jerry,
 I've got two to work on my system, one I bought and one is still the demo. I had to exit Hal and restart him and use the Update SAPI config button in the character section of the general options and they both appear there with the rest of the voice selections. The SwiftTalker config has the volumes, speed, pitch, and effects options and the panel is located in the Cepstral program folder. The only difference in the one that was purchased and the demo is the injection of a "this voice is not licensed, please purchase me at www.Cepstral.com" every other statement, other than that the demo is fully funtional. I do not use it outside of Hal, I just found that the SwiftTalker adjustments weren't changing the voice inside the Hal operations. SwiftTalker does change the voice (a lot) but When you go back to Hal and he speaks the changes have had no effect.[;)]Daireaux

Hi Daireaux.

I have control over Volume. Pitch, Rate and so forth, The Issue is getting HAL to use a Cepstral voice, In Characters, The Update SAPI doesn't show Cepstral voice for HAL on my System.

Please post a step by step method to use a Cepstral Voice with HAL, I will need to do this for debug purposes so I know all my Macros are funtioning correctly with HAL.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 12:12:17 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

NeoDarkPagan

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2006, 04:56:10 am »
Hi Daireaux.

I have control over Volume. Pitch, Rate and so forth, The Issue is getting HAL to use a Cepstral voice, In Characters, The Update SAPI doesn't show Cepstral voice for HAL on my System.

Please post a step by step method to use a Cepstral Voice with HAL, I will need to do this for debug purposes so I know all my Macros are funtioning correctly with HAL.

Jerry[8D]
[/quote]

I just installed them and they worked for me.  I also purchased them.  So maybe you need to purchase them.  I did use the HapSARISetup and clicked "make this my default voice thingy" to make them lip sync with Hal.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2006, 09:40:36 am »
Jerry,

I've been using the Cepstral voices with Hal for a few years with no problems.
Install normally
Run HapSapiSetup
Select voice

The one thing I've noticed is that the voice settings within Hal offer little to no adjustments regarding pitch and volume. The speed slider is extremely sensitive and a tiny adjustment will result in a very fast speaking voice.

Cepstral voices also come with a program called SwiftTalker which allows for adjustments / mods for each of the Cepstral voices.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -