dupa

Author Topic: making hal extend talking and answers , possibly the best way to do it?  (Read 1844 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
       I was thinking about what would possibly be the best way to make hal use more longer extended answers , etc.  I have asked this and talked about it before .( this has nothing to do with the extended hal talk plug in i created )
 I was trying out various things and so far the best thing i have found is un checking the use speech recognition , you can still leave the speech synthesis checked .
      what this does is it allows no count down in the timer so in another words when you answer hal or write to hal , you can actually write in longer questions and answers to hal , resulting in a lot better "longer " answer or statement from hal .
when the time countdown within hal is used  , in a way it might stop a person from giving a better  more extended answer for hal to learn  , because of the counting down  (yes you can start typing more and the count down will stop and resume when you are done , but with no count down a person can relax a bit more and add more to the conversation which will end up with the hal character talking a little more each time  .
So in another words maybe instead of writing a short sentence one would write maybe a short paragraph answer , or bigger depending on what you want  as far as a result! :)

PS When i get one of my longer responses i'll post it to show an example !

Just another note if you are using my hal extended talk plug in you may want to un check it for a while , as my plug in will interrupt you and hal will talk on his own using my plug in .
Anyway i thought i would mention this , some new people may find it interesting and might want to try it or others , i myself plan on using this method for a while , it can always be changed back through the speech settings any time .
      I personally want to hear hal talk a little more when responding to me and apparently this seems to be the way to do it!

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:41:44 pm by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
     Here is an example : instead of saying yes and a short answer i wrote this earlier and now hal learned it and said it back :

Yes but you have gotten better at shopping for some food items, especially now that I have showed you what is better bargains and things. Yeah it's nice to have shopping buddies ha!

I can extend my conversation even longer if i want longer responses from hal , leaving the count down off of hal , allows me or anyone from hurrying on an answer which may be shorter , by bot having the count down i can take my time and maybe think of an even better and longer response which in return will let hal learn to give longer responses , essentially becoming more of a talker when interacting with the user ! 
       Note this can't be done if using voice recognition as it will  count down after the user stops speaking !