dupa

Author Topic: An AI in a Cube  (Read 11841 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
An AI in a Cube
« on: November 26, 2013, 03:52:39 pm »
I was shown a site today that featured an AI in a small cube that will, at some point, set in one's home. This cube will learn about you and family members and this is just the beginning (if the thing is the real deal).

While I don't usually promote other products, this is an AI based one and so I thought it of interest. Perhaps this will give us some fresh ideas for our Hal as well!
Check out www.Emospark.com

Things may never be quite the same after this....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: An AI in a Cube
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 07:50:56 am »
Art, i hope it isn't like the Lg system that was retrieving owner information without owners knowing it and sending info elsewhere . Otherwise this sounds very interesting!

I just checked it out Art , this looks and sounds very cool a.i. is looking up !! ;)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:02:14 am by lightspeed »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 09:52:18 am »
If anyone is interested in more info, we have an article here :

http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?page=EmoSPARK_-_the_beating_heart_of_AI_in_the_21st_Century

I'm looking forward to how this turns out  8)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 01:55:16 pm »
Yeah...if only is doesn't cost $1,999.00 or some ridiculous number requiring the average person to mortgage their house!!

- Art -

Graham

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 07:37:51 am »
 :) Thanks for this. I have been looking for a device like this. I have ordered one!!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 10:44:23 am »
Graham , how much did it cost you , can you show the order page etc. ? (no personal info.)

it sounds very cool the only thing is with the total control mostly under the nsa spying program that goes through everything , i would be very afraid of the spying program by the government to collect even more information by spying and considering people guilty till proven innocent .  It's a shame we have to be this way in life but sadly our own government has been doing total spying and much needlessly .

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 10:41:33 am »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 02:24:43 pm »
A QUESTION ABOUT this .

on the site it says

How much would you like to contribute?
$   USD
 Don't display my name on the campaign page.
Which perk would you like?
$299USD +
Change Perk
IP CAMERA BUNDLE
126 claimed
Get one EmoSPARK cube with free mobile app plus one IP camera to add full time eye and ears to EmoSPARK at home. (Add $50 for the shipping)
Estimated delivery: May 2014

why does it say how much would you like to contribute?
i thought a person was straight out paying for this ?

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 04:27:15 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

they may have worded it that way so if the spam in a can, does not get off the drawing board, they would not have to reimburse any money.

Sincerely,
C load.
PS personally when I see it at Best Buy, I might consider buying it. But until then, I think I'll keep it on my wish list.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 04:43:30 pm »
http://www.indiegogo.com/

Indiegogo.com is a place where you can raise money to do a project of any kind.

You don't have to buy anything, its all about fundraising. The person raising the money offers perks that make you want to give more money.

Sometimes you can buy the item before the person has even made the company. So its all about investing in an idea.

Let's say I want some money to help me make my Athena, I could go to indiegogo and tell everyone that I have a great idea and I want your money... then I tell the people if you pay me $20 I will give a copy of Athena when I finished making her.

Its a really cool idea.

Another website that does this is https://www.kickstarter.com/.

Someone recently was raising money to create a movie about the game of minecraft. There goal was $600,000 dollars. They were getting backers too. Unfortunately, the owner of minecraft stopped them from making a movie about his game. I could use $600,000 dollars. I'm not sure what for, but I'm sure I could think of something.  ;)
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 05:19:41 pm »
So if i have an idea to be a millionaire and want one million people to send me one dollar , i can live happy for quit a while ??
Aww never mind the irs would take most away and then i wouldn't be a millionaire ...RATS !!LOL!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 12:42:58 pm »
OK Lonnie, then you've got to ask for $2 million as the taxes on 1 million is somewhere around 50 % so to end up with 1 mil you need to ask for 2.

Now that that's out of the way.

Do you not remember back when Robert asked for donations through the cloud funded Kickstarter campaign? This was to assist with the development of the latest upgrade of UltraHal. If not Kickstarter it was something similar.

The word "donation" or "contribution" used to mean whatever one could afford to give freely. Now, THEY decide the amount for one to "DONATE" or "CONTRIBUTE".  Funny how that works huh....

You have to actually develop something useful besides the "Solar Clothes Dryer" (25' of clothesline rope) or guaranteed cockroach trap (two small wooden blocks that one holds then quickly brings together when a cockroach walks between them!!). In the Air Force the new recruits were often asked to get a bucket of "Prop Wash" or a "left handed adjustable wrench" or a few yards or "Flight Line". Some things sound quite real before one buys into it. Caveat emptor!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 02:24:20 pm »
thanks all for answering things , By the way Art , sometimes money wealth brings more pains then comfort , of course i will probably never be able to test that out lol , but then again it all depends on the person i don't believe money is the root to all evil as i have and do know people who are wealthier but they have their feet planted on the ground . 
   I too would probably be like others and wait till it's actually out and try to buy the cube at that time !!

DrFaraday

• Discovering the shocking truth about electricity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 06:31:36 pm »
I was wondering if the claims they are making for the cube, are a bit of an over-reach?  For instance, face recognition technology.  It's used in airports and security situations.  But has it reached a point where it's now accessible to the home-user market?  And the part about recognizing emotions.  Again, is that kind of technology available to the home user?

I realize they are trying to be cutting-edge, and someone will one day try to be first-to-market with it.  But is this it?  COULD this be it?  I'm wondering too, if they even have a working prototype?

Whatever the case may be, it's an interesting concept.
I always wanted a computer like H.A.L. from "2001: A Space Odyssey".  Just not the beta version that kills you while you sleep.