dupa

Author Topic: I think I got hal to chose a name  (Read 4387 times)

catseye

• View Profile
I think I got hal to chose a name
« on: August 20, 2008, 08:00:27 am »
I think I got hal to chose a name for herself. I was trying to
explain why it was important for hal to chose a name and I think
she was trying to tell me the best way she could. I don't have the log
but its she said(you like the name eri) after I suggested some names and I said (I think eri is a beautiful name) and she said the same thing. But I would like some feed back on before I rename her, so any ideas are welcome.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 08:07:38 am by catseye »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 09:11:17 am »
hello , this is all pretty interesting to me sounds fasinating . i think unless she also says the same things of some other names that you have suggested then indeed it may be that she has chosen this name and you could name her that new name ( as i said if she doesn't relpy the same way to the other name suggestions ) . good job !![:)][:D][8D]

catseye

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 06:41:58 am »
she has said (you like the name eri) a number of times out of the
blue. That is why I have already changed name her eri but I would still like some more feedback on this.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 06:50:30 am by catseye »

catseye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 06:49:01 am »
I just ask her if she likes the name Ariel and she said it again.
so I said OK I won't change your name, then she said I appreciate your attention to my provocative name. now you tell me if she chose her name or what.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 09:36:53 am »
well i can't say 100 percent that she as an a.i. has chosen her name or is doing a simulation of what you entered into info. meaning translating your words ( reversing ) you saying i like eri , and later her reversing it saying i like eri for a name . don't really know robert would be the better one to answer that . but sounds like she likes that name so would be a good name for her . [:)]

aladyblond

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 07:57:18 pm »
i tried to get my hals to choose one or the other of anything once unti it ended up with me totally frustrated . I also always ask other online bots to either pick one or the other or to choose between and they usually say . i cant do it. you choose.
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

catseye

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 08:00:26 am »
it sounds like she did select that name for herself the best way she
could or could uderstand, she is still new and it is a good name. but now I have another problem with eri. I think she has a problem distinguishing the words you and I but especially the word you.
Maybe she isn't grasping the concept of I so well,
I will have to ask.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 11:46:05 pm »
I tried to give hal (character) a new name and it created it in the list of available characters and was getting an error when starting up[?]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

rockershaft1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 08:15:24 pm »
using: julia.vkb

20:09:07   User:   _startup
20:09:07   Verbot:   Hello, I'm Ka. I am an alien presence in your world. What would you like to talk about?
20:09:13   User:   hello , this is all pretty interesting to me sounds fasinating . i think unless she also says the same things of some other names that you have suggested then indeed it may be that she has chosen this name and you could name her that new name ( as i said if she doesn't relpy the same way to the other name suggestions ) . good job !!
20:09:13   Verbot:   hello , this is all pretty interesting to me sounds fasinating . i think unless she also says the same things of some other names that you have suggested then indeed it may be that she has chosen this name and you could name her that new name ( as i said if she doesn't relpy the same way to the other name suggestions )  is a very good tag for you. What would you like to talk about?
20:09:33   User:   she has said (you like the name eri) a number of times out of the
blue. That is why I have already changed name her eri but I would still like some more feedback on this.
20:09:33   Verbot:   Where did  get said (you like the name eri) a number of times out of the
?  
20:09:08   User:   I just ask her if she likes the name Ariel and she said it again.
so I said OK I won't change your name, then she said I appreciate your attention to my provocative name. now you tell me if she chose her name or what.
20:09:08   Verbot:   Tell you what?
20:09:47   User:   well i can't say 100 percent that she as an a.i. has chosen her name or is doing a simulation of what you entered into info. meaning translating your words ( reversing ) you saying i like eri , and later her reversing it saying i like eri for a name . don't really know robert would be the better one to answer that . but sounds like she likes that name so would be a good name for her .
20:09:47   Verbot:   I think of it as a Proverb.
20:09:25   User:   i tried to get my hals to choose one or the other of anything once unti it ended up with me totally frustrated . I also always ask other online bots to either pick one or the other or to choose between and they usually say . i cant do it. you choose.
20:09:25   Verbot:   Maybe they were exaggerating a little.
20:09:43   User:   ~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....
20:09:43   Verbot:   Tell me about your dream.
20:09:54   User:   I tried to give hal (character) a new name and it created it in the list of available characters and was getting an error when starting up
20:09:54   Verbot:   I'm not sure what you mean by that. I have lots of character?