Author Topic: runtime error 62 , etc problems  (Read 4888 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
runtime error 62 , etc problems
« on: December 28, 2006, 06:20:55 pm »
i asked this in another area , but maybe should have asked it here : what exactly does runtime errror 62 and input past end of file mean ??
what happens id when i created a new brain i created angela joeline then i wrote in on the question and aswers section : questions and the answers i wanted the brain character to answer . later when i go back into launch brain editer i click load existing project , in the list is hal default brain and the angelajoeline, uhp , angela joeline > brain file , i click on ultra hal 5 file to the right then i highlight the angela joline file , but dont open it , then click open and open that brain . the vbs script opens saying angela joeline brain ,i click the tools then go to question and answers area and open it and after sometimes writing in question and answers the i hit comile data (binary ) sometimes i get the " runtime error 62 and input past end of file " and the info i have written in doesn't go in and ultra hal freezes up " is their a patch out or something for this problem or does anyone know what is causing it so i can get past this big problem !! i sure would appreciate any help on getting this problem resolved i have the ultra hal 5 system .

lightspeed

USA
67 Posts
 Posted - 12/28/2006 :  11:57:20            
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

note** i clicked first on the angelajolene uhp file then clicked on the file to the right ,angela joeline (highlighted but didn't open , then clicked the open button below. am i doing something wrong here ?? if i click on the angela jolene file to the right and double click it to open its all blank , is that the way it should be or should it show anything inside it ?? i have found out to that after i create a brain and it is listed next to ultrahal default brain my brain i created disappears leaving only the default brain , although my other file name that was with the brain i created is still to the right . anyone know what can be causing this ?? are their ultra hal 5 patches for any bugs ?? [:)]

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 07:41:56 am »
funnly enough : Yep I had simular problems :

when using Question and answer files, it is best not to compile them until the file is quite large, as if you need to edit it, it cant be redited. compiling the brainfile is for finished brainfiles:

ie: you are not going t edit it again{by hand}..

the error means that it could not find the end of file marker:

when compiling into binary, its comming like an encription. if he process doesnt complete correctly. then you will have this problem:

always keep a back up of the branfile that you are compiling. {if it goes worng like that, chuck it away, start again}

PS: dont compile on top of the previous compiled file: definatly problems.... always compile from a fresh brain file: So much finality in a compiled file.......... that why we compile when the file is large.....

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 09:36:05 am »
hello spydaz , well that makes sense alittle to me , but if this program is ment to be able to be edited in the question and answer area their is a glitch in the program ?? and as i am trying to put in a lot of question and answers and coming up with more all the time its impossible to write it in at once . what i want to know is am i doing something wrong after i create a new brain then go back in i see launch brain editer i click load existing project next i see on the left side ultrahal 5 default brain and the new brain i created and click on the new brain to open with ( highlight)then to the right is a list of folders zabaware, ultrahal 5 , my new brain file , etc. other files i click on my new brain file (highlighted ) but i dont open the file ( if i open the file folder icon to the left area goes blank as if showing nothings in their ) then i hit enter or ok (what ever it is ) then the brain opens o.k. and has the name i have given it . what i want to know am i doing this proceedure correctly ?? if not what is the correct way ?? i have uninstalled and reinstalled ultrahal 5 several times trying to fix this problem  . is their any update patches for ultrahal 5 ?? before i was able to write in (alot) of brain question and answer info , but it finally messed up and i lost the file in it (disapeared ) don't know what has happened since . this file i made this time was a new file with different name , that file disapeared to only alot sooner !!
[:0]

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 12:08:57 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

hello spydaz , well that makes sense alittle to me , but if this program is ment to be able to be edited in the question and answer area their is a glitch in the program ?? and as i am trying to put in a lot of question and answers and coming up with more all the time its impossible to write it in at once .
what i want to know is am i doing something wrong after i create a new brain then go back in i see launch brain editer i click load existing project next i see on the left side ultrahal 5 default brain and the new brain i created and click on the new brain to open with ( highlight)then to the right is a list of folders zabaware, ultrahal 5 , my new brain file , etc. other files i click on my new brain file (highlighted ) but i dont open the file ( if i open the file folder icon to the left area goes blank as if showing nothings in their ) then i hit enter or ok (what ever it is ) then the brain opens o.k. and has the name i have given it . what i want to know am i doing this proceedure correctly ?? if not what is the correct way ?? i have uninstalled and reinstalled ultrahal 5 several times trying to fix this problem  . is their any update patches for ultrahal 5 ?? before i was able to write in (alot) of brain question and answer info , but it finally messed up and i lost the file in it (disapeared ) don't know what has happened since . this file i made this time was a new file with different name , that file disapeared to only alot sooner !!
[:0]

It sound like you are doing it correct :

when reopening the binary file; Sometimes it takes a lot longer or even wont reopen again,

i beleive that the q&A editor just doesnt like to re-edit compiled q&A files... If in doubt dont compile.... its not essential to compile. usually you compile when all major editing of the file is finished.... never to be manually edited again {accept by hal himself}

PS: i seem to remeber once MR M saying not to edit the compiled binary... somewhere in the forum...{Way back}HAL5
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 06:39:33 pm by spydaz »