dupa

Author Topic: Speech Recognition - Different words come up  (Read 5726 times)

gchicago

• View Profile
Speech Recognition - Different words come up
« on: February 11, 2002, 01:58:51 am »
I’m using Ultra Hal version 4.0. The speech recognition and microphone work fine. The problem is that when I speak to Hal, totally different words come up that are not the words I am saying. Any suggestions.

The Tinman

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2002, 04:03:41 pm »
It is very simple. You need more training sessions and a closed headset.

rciafa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2002, 07:17:09 am »
TM!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY A CLOSED HEADSET?
I'M TRYING TO FIND OUT THE BEST WAY TO TALK TO HAL.
THANKS,
RICHY

The Tinman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2002, 07:48:28 pm »
A closed headset is simply a headset with a microphone attached to it. That will enable you to get the best voice recognition from your program. The more training sessions you do with your speech recognition the better.

TM

mjlaris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2002, 01:37:59 am »
I am expericensing similar problems with speech recognition.  I have done about 5 training sessions but the words that are recognized are not even close.  Other speech applications recognize my words well but Hal is having problems.  I do not know why.  Is anyone successfully using speech recognition with HAL?

troy perry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2002, 01:02:37 am »
i'm not having to much luck with the speech recognition either. running hal on win xp.

troy perry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2002, 01:04:11 am »
i'm not having to much luck with the speech recognition either. running hal on win xp, it doesn't seem to have any problems. i have an enclose head set.

katzarai

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2002, 10:08:13 pm »
I have been training my profile for a couple of years and MS Dictation only has trouble if I talk too fast for it. Hal is using the same profile and I have the best equipment with a relatively soundless enviroment but I wind up with complete gibberish. This is really most annoying. Plus, it keeps falling over in Win98.
What's wrong Dave?

Jon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2002, 01:19:18 am »
Be patient as no matter what speech reconition you use even the very costly ones is not perfected yet. I can tell you something very strange though, that the Dragon naturally speaking is the most acurate one that I have worked with, and it is dated back to 1997, and the newer ones do not come close to its acuracy. Now! isn't that strange?

Jon L. Jefferys
Jon L. Jefferys

Devlah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2002, 08:55:07 pm »
The problem seems to be in HAL's implementation of the speech recognition engine, not the engine itself.

I too have noticed that may applications using the very same installed engine will have varying degrees of accuracy.

This would appear to be an issue for Zabaware to deal with.  Perhaps we'll see a patch for this problem if they are aware of it.

questordan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2002, 11:28:47 pm »
I am using IBM Viavoice 98 v5.0 with HAL and getting the same gibberish on version 4.0.

When I use the Viavoice to dictate to Word it works better than 95% of the time.

Not so with Hal....what's up with that!

I believe that the microphone setup changes somehow!

Questordan