dupa

Author Topic: HAL lacks a few things  (Read 16699 times)

ThePugilist

• View Profile
HAL lacks a few things
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2007, 03:57:49 pm »
Hello All... First Post Here!

You know, EaglePryde has really got me thinking...  We should just cure Cancer!  I mean, it kills a lot of people, and there is all this research done and millions of dollars spent on it...  So why don't we just cure it!  That is the direction I would take current cancer research; the direction of finding the cure.  I mean, I understand cancer... it's the uncontrolled replication of cells.  So, we should simply stop these cells from multiplying and viola! Cured!

Okay everyone... GET ON IT!

-Pete

PS: Is it bad for a first post to be sarcastic?[}:)]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
HAL lacks a few things
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2007, 04:49:28 pm »
One of the real truths is something to think about...

If we (or they) had a cure for every malady, think of
the ramifications. Think about how many people's lives
would be affected. Think about how many people would
become jobless. From the Doctors, nurses, administrative,
support, janitorial, suppliers, pharmaceutical companies,
chemists, researchers, salesmen, etc., etc. on not just
your town but expand those numbers to your state, then
to the entire country, then to all the other countries.

People would live longer if cured, the world would soon
become overpopulated...and so on and so on....

Your's is a nice sentiment but from a real world, practical
standpoint all I can say is, Be careful what you wish for...
you might get it!

Sad but true!

BTW, Welcome aboard!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
HAL lacks a few things
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2007, 05:45:11 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by ThePugilist
  So why don't we just cure it!  That is the direction I would take current cancer research; the direction of finding the cure.  

I couldn't agree more. Many books and magazines I have read indicate that cancer should be cured by making the cancer cells stop reproducing, or by killing the cells themselves. My idea is to make something, like a chemical, that will do this. Most people seem to reject my idea without really understanding it. It's a shame they are so closed minded.

quote:

PS: Is it bad for a first post to be sarcastic?[}:)]

I take it as a good sign.

aladyblond

• View Profile
HAL lacks a few things
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2007, 05:51:47 pm »
just throwing this in because it has always been a thought of mine. I think the cure for cancer is in the blood of the cancer victim. ~~alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

onthecuttingedge2005

HAL lacks a few things
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2007, 06:54:41 pm »
I belong to a couple of research groups 'A.D Agent' and 'folding at Home' and 'Genome', these researchers use my computer to break down proteins and the human genome, Cancer, Virus, Bacteria etc.

the greatest 'hit' in the groups was a protein called p53 kinase, p53 kinase is a natural substance in the human body, when the body stops producing p53 kinase it begins to grow cancer tumors or a variety of other cancerous disease, genetics can now officially turn on and turn off cancer at will using p53 kinase, one problem, it has not been approved by the F.D.A as of yet.

you can read a little bit about p53 kinase here:
http://www.nature.com/onc/journal/v18/n52/full/1203137a.html

there are of course university/institute documentations that would give you a much broader scope of p53 kinase, it so far has only been tested on mice.

p53 kinase can also be purchased from certain commercial chemical outfits, it is expensive, my current bio chemical catalog is out of date so I couldn't give you an accurate price but I believe from memory it was approximately $200 a gram at that time.

all cancer patients are absent of p53 kinase in their system at the time of death and absent of Potassium at the time of death, Sodium is horded by the cancer cells and also causes severe dehydration in some patients. sodium is bad for cancer patients because sodium allows the Cancer to actually accelerate in growth rate.

Potassium has some impact on preventing Cancer, people with low levels of Potassium are more vulnerable to getting Cancer.

Using Potassium Iodide over Sodium Chloride as a common table salt 'may' reduce the risk of Cancer.

aside from all this, my wife has had Cancer 3 times in here life since 16 years of age, she is allergic to Potassium 'period', she can't even enjoy the taste of a bananna which is rich in potassium without having a severe reaction.

I have already lost my mother to cervical Cancer(spread) she never ate banannas or anything on her diet rich in Potassium that I recall, mostly meat proteins like fried chicken and hamburger with a few greens like green beans and corn on the side.

I will stick to my 'one a day supplements' for men at 100mg Potassium per dose, I don't know why one a day supplements for women have no potassium supplement period.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 12:24:59 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

ThePugilist

• View Profile
HAL lacks a few things
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2007, 12:29:43 am »
Looks like I successfully hi-jacked this thread! Sorry about that.

-Pete

onthecuttingedge2005

HAL lacks a few things
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2007, 12:52:24 am »
quote:

-Pete

Due to the content of your thread I believe I have hijacked your topic with heart and soul, with a life and death situation of both future and past reference of trying to save a life from such horrible diseases.

Jerry[8D]

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
HAL lacks a few things
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2007, 06:22:17 am »
quote:

Can't hijack the dead, unless by hijack you mean dragged it out of it's grave and forced a new and different kind of live into it's husk.