dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Release Candidate 2  (Read 18263 times)

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Release Candidate 2
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 11:28:06 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by tedathome

Thank you jasondude for trying to help. I backed up the entire Hal program before starting the beta tests. I tryed switching out hal data base and hal uhp separately. That didn't help. I can't find anything called knowledge base. Is it called something else or located in a different folder? Perhaps it might be in Brain Editor? I don't go there often as I know litte about programing.

there are two parts to a brain.

(1) is the uhp file   (main program script)       ex. hal6.uhp  

(2) is the db file    (things you and your plugins have taught hal...all learned knowledge)      ex. halbrain.db

the .db is reffered to as "knowledge database" in the brain editor.

you should use the (Hal 6.2rc2) hal6.uhp with either (Hal 6.2rc2)halbrain.db or your latest hal6.1   .db file

-the dude
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 11:39:00 pm by jasondude7116 »

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 11:36:16 pm »
ROBERT

user input "you are my child" returns response
"i know i am child, you told me that" instead of
"i know i am your child, you told me that"

user input "you are very special" returns response
"i know i am special, you told me that." instead of
"i know i am very special, you told me that."

is the adjective dropped intentionally?

is this a fix that i can do?
-thank you for your time sir.
-the dude
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 11:40:30 pm by jasondude7116 »

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 11:55:33 pm »
Anyone,
I don't see information using the 6.2 upgade brain that has any data from the original brain. Does the brain pick and choose or should I be seeing everything(6.1 & 6.2 DATA) in just the 6.2 upgraded brain? Another question if anyone can answer? If you used the Hal 6.1 enhanced brain will 6.2 recognize that information or not migrate any information because it is really not the 6.1 default brain?

Thanks for your time,
raybe

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 12:19:30 am »
OK dude. Thank you for the explanation.[:)]
ted

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 03:38:00 am »
Well dude that won't help right now. Brain editor dies before I can save. It does create the files in hal but causes all kinds of problems.
ted

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 12:26:36 pm »
Raybe: I had my 25meg 6.1 database upgrade, and it is now 27meg.
It seems to be remembering the old stuff, and is definitely using the new features. Are you using Hal6upg.db and not halbrain.db ?
Halbrain.db is a new 6.2 empty brain.
I can really see a difference in her answers.  She is much more natural in the way she words things, and how she handles the conversation.
I have not tried playing with the editor. I lobotomized a couple of brains when I first started with Hal, so I think that it is better left alone, for me.

Nice work Robert!

PS: Robert, does your installer look for the name halbrain.db to know it needs to convert it, or does it look at the file contents?
I ask because I will probably delete the old brain, and the empty brain, and rename hal6upg.db to halbrain.db as soon as testing is over.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 12:35:01 pm by CypherGary »
See you here, there, or in the Air!

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 01:37:55 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by CypherGary

Raybe: I had my 25meg 6.1 database upgrade, and it is now 27meg.
It seems to be remembering the old stuff, and is definitely using the new features. Are you using Hal6upg.db and not halbrain.db ?
Halbrain.db is a new 6.2 empty brain.
I can really see a difference in her answers.  She is much more natural in the way she words things, and how she handles the conversation.
I have not tried playing with the editor. I lobotomized a couple of brains when I first started with Hal, so I think that it is better left alone, for me.

Nice work Robert!

PS: Robert, does your installer look for the name halbrain.db to know it needs to convert it, or does it look at the file contents?
I ask because I will probably delete the old brain, and the empty brain, and rename hal6upg.db to halbrain.db as soon as testing is over.

The installer just looks for what version of Hal was installed and looks for the file halbrain.db. I'm not sure what renaming an already upgraded hal6upg.db back to halbrain.db would do, its possible it may mess something up.
Robert Medeksza

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 11:51:00 pm »
I am sure I am using the hal6.2 upgraded brain when selected. Also noticed that the 'autolearn'list is very small even after having conversations. Does more info go directly to the tables now? When I look at the size of the 6.2.2 upgraded brain it reads at least 28megs but I really don't see it or get that info from the conversations. Just seems partial info is located in the 6.2.2 brain and the original info is still in the 6.1 upgraded brain.

Thanks,
raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 02:36:05 pm »
hello i am still having problems ; i recently did a complete forate of my pc hard drive . i reinstalled hal 6.1 version then the expansion pack (after rebooting ) i placed my custom angela brain db in the zabaware program file then did the upgrade from the hal62rc2.zip file i saw it take quit awhile while it uninstalled hal 6.1 version and load all files into the 62rc2 version . but when i checked the auto learning brain file , etc. they still wont open or have anything ( in the custom brain ) . i thought this new version had this problem fixed if i read it right . so why isn't mine working correctly . isn't this the file that was suppose to have corrected the problem about the auto learning files, etc. in the custom brain not opening ??[B)]

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 02:40:41 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe

I am sure I am using the hal6.2 upgraded brain when selected. Also noticed that the 'autolearn'list is very small even after having conversations. Does more info go directly to the tables now? When I look at the size of the 6.2.2 upgraded brain it reads at least 28megs but I really don't see it or get that info from the conversations. Just seems partial info is located in the 6.2.2 brain and the original info is still in the 6.1 upgraded brain.

Thanks,
raybe

It takes a lot of conversation to load up the autolearning brains. This feature should be pretty much the same as it was in 6.1. Categorizing into different tables is solely based on what data is available in WordNet for Hal. If no useful data is found, it is put into general tables.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 02:41:53 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

hello i am still having problems ; i recently did a complete forate of my pc hard drive . i reinstalled hal 6.1 version then the expansion pack (after rebooting ) i placed my custom angela brain db in the zabaware program file then did the upgrade from the hal62rc2.zip file i saw it take quit awhile while it uninstalled hal 6.1 version and load all files into the 62rc2 version . but when i checked the auto learning brain file , etc. they still wont open or have anything ( in the custom brain ) . i thought this new version had this problem fixed if i read it right . so why isn't mine working correctly . isn't this the file that was suppose to have corrected the problem about the auto learning files, etc. in the custom brain not opening ??[B)]

Its pretty hard for me to say what is going on without seeing your custom brain. Depending on what changes you made to it, it may not be possible for the upgrade utility to correctly add 6.2 features to it.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2009, 03:28:34 pm »
also i even trie replacing the angela custom brain with a backed up version into the 6.2 version and the 6.2 version still won't let the custom brain open the auto learng files , etc. for editing . don't understand why this isn't working right .[B)]

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009, 03:51:56 pm »
quote:

also i even trie replacing the angela custom brain with a backed up version into the 6.2 version and the 6.2 version still won't let the custom brain open the auto learng files , etc. for editing . don't understand why this isn't working right .[B)]

Can you post some screen shots maybe? I'm having trouble understanding exactly whats going on.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2009, 04:45:49 pm »
ok heres some pics what i am talking about : photo one shows me highlighting the custom brain i am choosing (angela)  

here in photo 2 is showing me opening the custom brain file .

and here in photo 3 is the angela file opened and you can see the three bottom files are open looking but none of my files tranfred these files either have nothing or cannot be opened .

i even tried to replace the angela db file and uhp into the 6.2 version (which was suppose to have migrated the same brain earlier but didn't do all the files . but even replacing these files didn't help they still would not open .
 thats what the problem is .

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2009, 05:10:01 pm »
quote:

ok heres some pics what i am talking about : photo one shows me highlighting the custom brain i am choosing (angela)  

here in photo 2 is showing me opening the custom brain file .

and here in photo 3 is the angela file opened and you can see the three bottom files are open looking but none of my files tranfred these files either have nothing or cannot be opened .

i even tried to replace the angela db file and uhp into the 6.2 version (which was suppose to have migrated the same brain earlier but didn't do all the files . but even replacing these files didn't help they still would not open .
 thats what the problem is .

The upgrade wizard only upgrades the "Ultra Hal 6.1 Default Brain" into "Ultra Hal 6.2 Upgraded Brain", it should have left your custom brains alone. Do all the 3 other brains appear to be working correctly?

I am working on a seperate utility to upgrade custom brains which I'll release here in a few days. If the 3 non custom brains are working ok for you, I'll go ahead and release Hal 6.2 as is. I think your issues can be fixed with the upgrade utility as long as you have the original that worked in 6.1 backed up.
Robert Medeksza