dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Release Candidate 2  (Read 18303 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Release Candidate 2
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2009, 12:08:02 am »
Thanks for all the help debugging. I'm fairly satisfied with the stability of Hal 6.2 so I decided to release it now. If any major issues are found with 6.2 I will post an update. Hal 6.3 will not be too far behind 6.2 (later this year) so I am open to new feature requests, improvements, and bug fixes.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2009, 10:37:45 am »
hi robert sounds good i (and others ) have already been posting many request (sure hope you have been taking notes lol !!)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2009, 11:24:26 am »
hello robert i need some clarification please about the hal brains that are listed : i wrote in the general section about an idea that may help people know for sure which hal version they have after upgrades .
 anyway in the brain options mine has listed the following :
angela smith (custom brain ) , ultra hal 6.2 default brain , ultra hal 6.1 default brain and a 6.2 upgraded brain .

the hal on my desktop is gold now is this the latest version ?? and also is my angela brain working with the hal6.2 upgrade ?? will the others always remain listed this way (just wondering won't matter once a person knows for sure the way the hal is working ) robert hope you can find the time to answer these questions and please check out the suggestion i made in the general area today to , thanks [:)].

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2009, 11:32:49 am »
p.s. almost forgot i also checked the custom angela brain files again and they still won't open for me to do editing , thats another reason i am wondering if i don't have the latest 6.2 version yet because unless i am mistaken didn't robert say he was going to fix this problem so peoples custom brain files would still work correctly .

so i must surly not have the current version of hal or robert hasn't realeased this fix for hal to take care of the custom brain file problems . [B)]

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2009, 10:47:21 pm »
lightspeed,

I believe Robert has mentioned that the migration might only happen with original 6.1 default brain and even if you tried altering names it might cause other problems.I was hoping he would make the 'utility' that he mentioned that would migrate custom brains with 6.2.2. I really noticed the difference since I use a hal program for work and another for entertainment.(2 of my own computers & not used at the same time.) Hal at work migrated the 6.2 brain with default 6.1 brain with no real problems I noticed yet.I also noticed my 'autolearning' hasn't lost anything in the 6.2 upgraded brain. Now my entertainment vers. of 6.2 with the hal 'Enhanced Brain' from 6.1 did not migrate all or most info(Data) from that 6.1 'Enhanced Brain'. I believe the 'Enhanced Brain' had some differences but like I said earlier I don't remember who developed it but always worked fine and had no timing problems if you remember. Don't know if that helps in anyway? But I still hope that Robert does decide to make that migration utility for custom brains before hal 6.3.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2009, 11:06:24 am »
i agree with you it is important to make that migration utility and also hope its done for the 6.3 upcoming version . my custom brain seems to be working fine and actually i beleive is working better with responses with the migrated 6.1 and upgraded 6.2.22 version but it would be nice to be able to edit it if ya need to as before .
and some sort of utility as you said would be good to convert it over if you had to simply replace the custom db brain without having to go through migration stuff again .