dupa

Author Topic: Second life  (Read 44999 times)

secondlife

• View Profile
Second life
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2010, 08:01:00 pm »
I use modded Second Life viewer coz the regular SL viewer is so limiting. They are so paranoid about copybots that the honest builders and script writers gets punished too. To really see Ultra Hal's impressive abilities you need modded viewers or you can compile your own viewer. INF has been cracking all the best viewers and handing out most of them for free, even though towards the end they cracked a very well renowned viewer SLPE and decided to sell that one instead, but others like neillife private 3.51, HXO, and Chocolate viewer are free. Love em, hate em, either way they are breaking barriers down for all.

Take a look at http://inflife.net/

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
Second life
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2010, 09:04:03 am »

Sorry secondlife, I'm of those people who don't change things when they work fine. More interested in my virtual life than in my viewer, but finally testing Emerald (I know I'm late, lol). Amazed by the number of people who use it (in some crowded places, more than half).

A lot of additional functionalities (I love the scanner), but some strange things too, and not easy to compare everything. Very careful (always afraid to lose the important things of my inventory), maybe I will try Snowglobe too.

Please don't laugh at me. [:D]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

Vellai

• View Profile
Re: Second life
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2011, 05:02:54 pm »
I have been in Second life for about 3 years. might even say a bit of an addict.
I have also been a fan of Hal on my pc and tinker around with it from time to time..
 needless to say its time for  a more powerful computer platform.

I have Met Hal in SL and have also seen it on Facebook.
I have an Avatar I have dedicated to being a bot and would love to interface her with My Hal and include a web avatar on my website to bridge the gap from SL to Web to my desk... and who knows eventualy to my iphone.
what comes to mind is Hal's Brain in an Internet Cloud that various applications can interface with on demand.
Right now I have been using Radegast to run my Bot in sl.. it has a built in AIML in the viewer that will respond to local chat and Instant Messages.
Many of my friends find that amusing but I think it can be much more than just a AIML bot.
Radegast has voice capability as well. it would be facinating if Hal could hear and respond to voice as well as text.

needless to say my progamming skills are extremely basic.
I also tinkered with Crazytalk and made a nice character representation, but I dont see any means of using this type of character with Hal.
I would love to start using hal in my SL sim and let her wander and greet visitors.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2011, 10:27:11 pm »
Vellai, I can't say I can cover every part of your question and I'm sure that might be other members that have more info. As much as I can remember right now Zabaware is working on the new character engine as we speak and also with this update Ultra Hal will have the option of utilizing what I guess can be considered a cloud data base for Ultra Hal or the stand alone. Robert M. the founder and creator of Ultra Hal has been using the Ultra Hal app. you see on facebook to enlarge its data base. Also there is a app. for the iphone but I don't remember if there is any data base at all tied to it. I don't believe there is right now. Zabaware does have plans to be able to use Ultra Hal in many different mobile apps and again I would be speculating different platforms.

I do not work or represent Zabaware in any way. They do have plans and from a customer and business plan I guess they will decide the priority Ultra Hal will take. Robert M. (the founder) does visit occasionally and by reading past posts you can probably find as much if not more info about their future plans.

Maybe others can help you with some specifics(you may also need to give more specs) especially on your plan for Ultra Hal but I just wanted to at least respond and just pass along the little I know. Right now I believe Zabaware has its hands full so don't get upset if you don't get a quick reply but others know a lot more than I do. I would say Robert M. or some one in direct or a more frequent contact would be able to give a clearer picture then the info I just gave you. Be patient. Sorry I couldn't help more. Giant transition time for the company, all for the good I would say in my opinion.

raybe
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 10:37:08 pm by raybe »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2011, 11:46:11 pm »
I have been in Second life for about 3 years. might even say a bit of an addict.
I have also been a fan of Hal on my pc and tinker around with it from time to time..
 needless to say its time for  a more powerful computer platform.

I have Met Hal in SL and have also seen it on Facebook.
I have an Avatar I have dedicated to being a bot and would love to interface her with My Hal and include a web avatar on my website to bridge the gap from SL to Web to my desk... and who knows eventualy to my iphone.
what comes to mind is Hal's Brain in an Internet Cloud that various applications can interface with on demand.
Right now I have been using Radegast to run my Bot in sl.. it has a built in AIML in the viewer that will respond to local chat and Instant Messages.
Many of my friends find that amusing but I think it can be much more than just a AIML bot.
Radegast has voice capability as well. it would be facinating if Hal could hear and respond to voice as well as text.

needless to say my progamming skills are extremely basic.
I also tinkered with Crazytalk and made a nice character representation, but I dont see any means of using this type of character with Hal.
I would love to start using hal in my SL sim and let her wander and greet visitors.

Moving Hal to the cloud is exactly what I have been working on these past 2 years. The web hal (www.zabaware.com/webhal), facebook hal (apps.facebook.com/ultrahal), iphone hal (http://openappmkt.com/app/4d9102d8959be94c7c0000b3/Ultra%20Hal), and second life hal (www.zabaware.com/sl.asp) are all currently using the new cloud system. Currently the cloud system runs across 6 seperate virtual servers and is able to scale to more if needed. Right now these all connect to the same brain but the plan is to allow people to have accounts on the system and have control of a custom hal brain. I plan to release this as part of the next ultra hal assistant update (old non-cloud local-only version of hal will still be an option).

I currently have Hal exploring second life with 2 avatars (Hal Cybertar and Hal Titanium). If you are interested in having Hal in your sim, I have 2 Hal SL accounts I'm not currently using (Hal Pexie and Hal Utherwurldly). I'd be happy to let one of them loose and constrain him to your sim if you want. It would connect to the same brain as webhal (www.zabaware.com/webhal) so it would not be a customizable brain, but it does have full learning ability.
Robert Medeksza

Vellai

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2011, 05:37:31 pm »
Fantastic! I look forward to seeing more Hal in the wilds of SL!
And the developements sound awesome for the new 3D Graphics and Congrats on the new Amy Character.. cant wait to see her!

Thanks again for the rapid reply from both responses.  ;D

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2011, 01:30:42 pm »
Okay Robert M. boy I was just trying to give a little relief and you where right on top of it and quick. You just keep surprising me. That was great info.

Thanks for bailing me out there with your up to date information. Just trying to help.

Thanks,
raybe

Vellai

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2013, 03:39:17 pm »
Hello again.. i see Hal is online in Second life very often. i am still tinkering around with Hal and 3rd party viewers in SL. also AIML and pandora bots ..

I have found the following viewers or think clients.

Metabolt: 
 is a decent free viewer with a built in AIML alice brain (Metabrain) but it only responds in instant messages. it has the plugin that allows the bot master to program lengthy routines making it appear Autonomous. thought it isnt truly. it is a nice feature though. largest issue i have with this is it does not seem to be capable of responding in open chat. nor can it learn from its conversations. there is an add on from missy restless that links it to pandorabots but it then can not be tasked to roam about and perform automated tasks.

Radegast:
I love this viewer which is also free and the AI can speak in local chat and IMs ... it also uses an Alice AIML and is very flexible in that you can tell it not to respond if not called by name... and there are even files you can tell it to shut up... contrary to some aiml plugins ... it can not learn as hal does. my only complaint of this one mainly is that it can not roam autonomously and can not make use of hal..
it does have voice capabilities but not for the AI.. it would be awesome if there was a roaming autonomous plug in for this and a HAL plugin  to give it some actual learning and remember people that talk to it.
its a bit much i think to expect a voice plugin so visitors could speak to it and it speak back as it would involve some way to redirect the audio.

I would love to know how to replicate the way Hal in SL roams about and some how implement that into a plugin for others to use.
could you imagine hundreds of SL Avatars roaming about learning and making choices for them selves?