Author Topic: Silly Font Request and more  (Read 3002 times)

wschuler

• View Profile
Silly Font Request and more
« on: September 04, 2003, 11:29:13 pm »
Hi,

I downloaded and installed Hal 5.0 on my work PC (win2k, with Hal 4.5 previous install... shame on me) and everything went VERY well.  The only observation that I have is with the font used in "splash" screens .  On my monitor, much of the text is nearly unreadable (assistant looks like assstant).  A plain font or maybe a more bold star wars-like techy font might work better.

I'm at home now, chores are done, wife and kids are in bed, cold beer on the desk...  older Compaq clicking away installing an OEM system restore version of Win98.  

I love Hal...  I'm going to beat the crap out of him...  it may hurt him, but he'll be better off in the long run.  It's a tough love kinda thing.

BTW, I wrote a program a while back that created focus files from text files which seemed to help hal 4.5 a bit.  Mr. Medeksza, should these still help hal 5.0?

Thank you for giving us this BETA.  Please remember that the "complaints" you receive will only make Hal better.  It's not personal.  I've been on the receiving end of constructive comments before (I'm in the computer/internet business).  They sting sometimes.

Bill

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 04:17:36 am »
How did you do this ->I wrote a program a while back that created focus files from text files which seemed to help hal 4.5 a bit.<-??? How about shareing this little program with the rest of us??? I know I certainly would like a copy of this...

Morkeleb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 01:29:58 am »
If you would not mind I would like a copy as well as Larry, I would be interested in trying it out on mine.[8D]
Ask and you shall learn
Be not afraid to try new things.
----------------------
Check out www.cold-chaos.net