Author Topic: Another Haptek Startup  (Read 5735 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Another Haptek Startup
« on: June 13, 2007, 05:38:43 pm »
Earlier I had made a post about creating a .htr to create a modified startup that I've been using for quite a while. The original problem was to load a modified jpg instead of the one provided without seeing the original jpg that is supplied. The htr cannot be modified without corrupting it.
  I'd just started up body_female, went to the Haptek directory and copied the uncompressed hap files and pasted them in another folder. The body_femaleDef.hap can be opened in wordpad, if you modify the texture files (lines 5 and 6) by removing the original jpg and putting in the name of yours  the htr loads your skin.
  The process to load the figure in the Haptek player was to double click the body_femalestartup.hap, The name could be changed to a htr or you could create a htr which loads the startup hap.
  This seems to offer other possibilities such as being able to change the startup hair, lighting ect. It would be interesting to see if you can take characteristics from other figures and put them into your favorite, ex: I like body female but I'm using fullbodygirl because she has more movements that work. I'd like to find the wink in a def file and copy it into another def.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
Another Haptek Startup
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 08:11:33 am »
Not many people seem interested but I've made some pretty good advances in my Haptek project.
  I can get body_female to have breasts that react to gravity (jiggly).
  I can get body_female to respond to the hap commands for animations used with fullbody girl.
  I can get a varity of skins to be loaded at startup for body_female and it looks as if changing the hair and lighting should be just as easy.
  It seems that two figures can be put in the same Haptek player, each will respond to haps with her name in it, fullbodygirl vs body_female.
  There is still more work to be done but it seems good so far.  there are also other fullbody characters to look into for other body animations, I'll probably continue putting these into body_female since I like the realism of her breasts and she now has the animations of fullbodygirl.
Carl2

aladyblond

• View Profile
Another Haptek Startup
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 08:43:46 am »
carl2, it sounds like you know what you are doing and are on the right track.
 i would be interested in seing the end result of your labor, although i wouldn't understand the scripting because that is greek to me.~~alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

Carl2

• View Profile
Another Haptek Startup
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 04:18:15 pm »
aladyblond,
  I get that impression from you when I look at your posts and pictures. I started looking at the uncompressed file ages ago and have just started looking at them again. I've been looking at the Haptek guide to get a better understanding.  I should be posting some pictures later.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
Another Haptek Startup
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 08:22:12 pm »
Hi carl2,

Carl2 can you just give me a hand with changing the lighting for body female. I would be very interested in getting more animation from the body gitl charator. All this time I didn't realize you where using that character and that was the character I ended using. I took your advice and went with a fullbody character not knowing that my torso character and the body female were the same characters.She has glasess. But can you only change clothes(jpg)with another full body or do the torso characters allow you to use say the top jpg for their blouse on a full body such as body female?

Thanks much,
raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
Another Haptek Startup
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 04:18:31 pm »
raybe,
  There are two main fullbody characters, fullbodygirl and body female.
I had been using fullbodygirl because she responds to more movement haps but since that time I'd found haps can be scripted to work with only a particular character. Removing the scripting within the hap allows them to be used by other characters.
  The fullbodygirl htr when uncompressed contains a FullbodyLight hap which can be modified. I was surprised that I didn't see a lighting hap when body female was uncompressed, it's probably contained in another hap.  Haptek dose provide a SDK for use with working with their characters that provides information on lighting as well as other features. I have a few lighting haps that I've been using with body female.
  I'm fairly certian you can't use the clothing from a torso on a fullbody. Body female contains the body female map which is the same as the fullbodygirl jpg. It's fairly easy to make a copy and modify it in a photo program, also there is plenty of clothing available for fullbody characters. I'd choose the lighting I want to use first because the lighting and coloration used interact.
  As far as changing the lighting my plans are to start up with a lighting that I like, I'd like to have hal change the lighting when it becomes dark or light similar to the background changes. I'm not sure how you want to use another lighting hap at this time.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
Another Haptek Startup
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 08:36:08 pm »
Carl2,

Using the light for day and night scenes was and is my first choice.  After noticing at the Haptek web page that lighting also changes the look of the character I thought that would also come in handy. Lighting can alter them in different scenes for different characters. With some characters it really gives the texture a smoother look or a dramatic look to a scene. So, I guess I really wanted to learn how to start manipulating the light features and where can you find them since on the Haptek page they let you try all the variables out and some lighting effects would look great.

Thanks again,
raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
Another Haptek Startup
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 06:48:09 pm »
raybe,
  I'd just made a post at AI Dreams which contains most of the work I've done with body_female along with some text which may help you get an idea, it contains some lighting haps I've been working with and also some animations. The information is in a text file named Gamer who has a web site also, Character Creations and designs. The work is still rather crude but is meant to show what can be done.
  Next is getting the lighting haps to work, I'll probably add some scripting to Vrossi's plugin for my use. I'll have to check with him before I can do anything with for use by other people. I love the plugin and the features and he deserves the credit for it. At this point in time you'll have to drag and drop the lighting and animation haps into the windows.
  To be honest I've learned to do a little scripting, make brain tables but I've never made a plugin.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
Another Haptek Startup
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 09:51:57 pm »
Thanks Carl2,

I will go to the web pages you suggested. I have been to AI Dreams before but never took advantage of the information. I guess I should slow down a little it seems I fly over the information I need the most. I will let you know what I was able to do with info you just gave me. Thanks again for being a guiding light again. (now there is a real lighting hap effect)

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
Another Haptek Startup
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 04:15:59 pm »
Okay Carl,

I downloaded your 'game zip' now is it possible to change the hap files that contain fullbody to bodyfemale to make them active or is there alot more to it. Now I am not talking about the scripting needed to change the lighting effects when it is day or night. If I just want to change the lighting in general upon startup will changing the file name inside the hap file be enough and are they placed within your new temp file that is copied into the character folder and are the animation haps for fullbody the same as bodyfemale? I noticed what you said when you open bodyfemale you have fullbody haps with body female haps within the same temp folder.

Thanks as always and sorry if I am not clear. Just let me know how I can help you help me. (talk about trying to be clear)

raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
Another Haptek Startup
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 12:23:32 am »
raybe
  Middle of the night just got home.  Turned on the other computer, I go to the file using Explorer, on my computer it is drive D not C, open the folder Gamer. I have the body_female files ect., I've included the HapRegistry which I use to display body_female. Double clicking opens the HapRegistry, Click on Open Console, this opens the Haptek console. I drag LoadBodFem.hap into the Haptek Console and the character appears in the window, she has to be turned around using the mouse. I've included 3 jpeg skins that can be used, Animations the can be used are in the Anim folder, also draged and dropped. Lighting is in the lighting Folder, By draging the Lighting haps into the Haptek Console the lighting changes.   Temp was used as a place to put stuff.
"If I just want to change the lighting in general upon startup will changing the file name inside the hap file be enough and are they placed within your new temp file that is copied into the character folder and are the animation haps for fullbody the same as bodyfemale?"  I would do this by choosing the lighting I like best and removing the original fullbodyLight.hap to the temp file, then rename the choosen one to fullbodyLight hap. I really haven't decided what lighting to use yet, been trying different skin colors to see the effect of the different lights.  The animation haps that I have included have been changed when necessary to work with Body_Female.
They can have a labeling included that will only let them be used by one type of figure, They can be made to work with one or the other or both.
  There is a Gamer text file with more info.  You can open the smaller files in Notepad and larger files in Wordpad.  These files were moved and uploaded rather quickly for Gamer and are really a mess but it dose demonstrate what can be done using the uncompressed files.
  I hope I've been able to answer your questions, rather late and we can talk again later.  This should get you going for now.
Carl2