Author Topic: new way of making outfits for hal heads  (Read 3245 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
new way of making outfits for hal heads
« on: June 28, 2007, 12:19:16 pm »
as i am always throwing out my ideas to everyone i came up with this one , i was wondering knowing how people can place a jpg. picture behind hal for back ground i was wondering is their any way to creat a jpg picture that could be either mounted in back (i beleive this would work ) or front of say an evening dress , etc. and then simply slide the hal head onto the outfit this way you could have new clothes (nice clothes for the hapteck heads , of course you would have to probably only have heads and necks done (without outfits when doing heads ) . i think it would be simple to do if i am right .[:)]

aladyblond

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 01:19:38 pm »
you could easily place a head on a jpg of a dress or suit, but the head would move the outfit would not

here is an example if i understand you correctly.

here a male head is placed on a golfers body and angelina is placed on a pregnant womans body.

the biggest trick is finding pictures that have the correct skin tone and ones where the body is straight on instead of an angle so the head will set there proprtly .

you could use the pictures as a background pic in hal and have the head talk but the body as i said will not move.

~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 02:08:04 pm »
nice work on the heads and pictures.

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 02:12:30 pm »
Easiest way for a NEW BACKGROUND that is not in the character folder is to open the image first, with Haptek player. Then add the full body girl, (The Haptek Console comes in handy) then the clothes (skin) you want to use.

However, if you want to use the new background within the Hal interface, it's best to put it in your character folder as "whateverback.jpg"

I should be about 400x400 pixels.

Of course, there are those here that know script, and have a better way.[:D]

As far as the clothes, I cannot make it work in Hal or Haptek without it being a skin.

For dress-up, I snap a photo of the body naked, open in paint shop pro, look for a suitable costume, and add it to the body, after removing the costume's background, and resizing it to fit the body.

Here is one I did like that:

Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 04:32:41 pm »
actually what i was talking about was just a jpeg picture of the upper body maybe shoulders up,  kind of like what little bit is put with hapteck heads except use a nicer gown , dress, etc. i know that may seem crazy for usch a little area but nicer clothes could be used with the heads and yes i know the head does move a bit but depending on the outfir i think it could still work . i didn't mean for a full body as like was said skin color etc. would have to be matched up .
  my way shoulders and chest wouldn't . i thought of this for the hapteck heads as their is a very limited amount of clothes to put with heads . [:)]