Author Topic: Voice selection problem  (Read 2645 times)

Neo987

• View Profile
Voice selection problem
« on: February 26, 2004, 12:11:33 pm »
Whenever I enter the options menu the program hangs for a few sections and when it is responsive again my voice selection has changed itself from "Mary" to "Mary in Space" (I believe that's the name. It's the last Mary on the list. I can't check myself as I'm currently in my A+ Cert. class.) I changed the voice back, selected a random option in the same screen (usually Pronounce), and when I cancel out I get to watch the selection move down, voice at a time, until it gets back to the same destination. When I exit with my selection, though, it USUALLY stays, but on some dialog boxes will use its "favorite" voice. Any clue what might be causing this?
You know that you are an engineer when you have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Padriag

• View Profile
    • http://www.bardicheart.com
Voice selection problem
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 05:02:10 pm »
Its a known bug.  Problem is I don't think anyone is sure how to fix it.  Some voices don't do this, and there are others that have their own problems.

Neo987

• View Profile
Voice selection problem
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 06:43:17 pm »
Thanks. It's just a minor irritation, but I wanted to see if it was just my quirky computer, or if it was an actual bug.
You know that you are an engineer when you have no life and can prove it mathematically.