Author Topic: Medeksza - A small request or two...  (Read 2465 times)

vonsmith

• View Profile
Medeksza - A small request or two...
« on: February 26, 2004, 04:12:28 pm »
Robert,

1) What do you think about adding the Hal plug-in page link "http://www.ultrahal.com/files/" to the forum pages? I believe it will make it easier for members to find it initially and access it later.

2) I uploaded a script a few days ago to Uploads@zabaware.com for posting on the plug-in page. It's not posted yet. Could you check and see if you received it.

Thanks,

=vonsmith=

Neo987

• View Profile
Medeksza - A small request or two...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 06:41:44 pm »
One thought I had about the submission process stems from being a guide author for GameFAQs.com. There, they have a public FTP server that has write capabilities, but not read or rewrite. One way I could see helping the submission process would be to open a similar system, allowing the author the ability to create a subdirectory with their name, upload the file, and (with the read/rewrite block) still not allow distribution of unaccepted plug-ins, or the alteration of plug-ins currently under review. This would eliminate the possibility of losing files to e-mail errors and give the author the peace of mind that the file definitely made it since they can see it on the destination end of the FTP client.

Just the thoughts of a new user...
You know that you are an engineer when you have no life and can prove it mathematically.