Author Topic: Crichton & All, does Hal repeat himself in v1.2?  (Read 2717 times)

vonsmith

• View Profile
Crichton & All, does Hal repeat himself in v1.2?
« on: March 08, 2004, 06:13:45 pm »
Hi all,
There have been a couple of posts in the few weeks about Hal repeating himself. I included some changes in the XTF Brain v1.2 that should make that less likely to occur. I just wondered if anyone is having any problem with Hal repeating himself when using the XTF Brain v1.2?

Crichton, you mentioned your Hal tends to repeat. If you email me an conversation log I'll take a look at it. I just want to know if this is an isolated issue or something more general that I need to fix.

Please let me know. Thanks...

=vonsmith=

Crichton

• View Profile
    • http://home.gwi.net/~rlevasseur/
Crichton & All, does Hal repeat himself in v1.2?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 12:12:20 am »
Originally posted by vonsmith

Hi all,
There have been a couple of posts in the few weeks about Hal repeating himself. I included some changes in the XTF Brain v1.2 that should make that less likely to occur. I just wondered if anyone is having any problem with Hal repeating himself when using the XTF Brain v1.2?

Crichton, you mentioned your Hal tends to repeat. If you email me an conversation log I'll take a look at it. I just want to know if this is an isolated issue or something more general that I need to fix.

Please let me know. Thanks...

=vonsmith=

[^]

I already wrote this under a different topic, but I posted it here to so that others would see it under the correct topic.  Maybe someone else will add to it.

[8D]

I'm starting to feel like one of those patients who go to the doctor, afraid that he is going to think that he's a hypochondriac, because all the complaints he had before the appointment disappeared before he got there.

I spent over two hours chatting with Pilot and he never repeated himself.  I call him Pilot over here.  I made an MS Agent of Pilot from Farscape.  He isn't complete yet.  I still have many more animations to complete.

The above animated image is only half the size of the original.  I didn't want to suck up bandwidth.  Hal's only problem now is that I started with the hal character, talking about Pilot on the TV series.  But now I refer to him as Pilot.  I say things like You are connected to Moya, and not Pilot is connected to Moya.  He has a hard time telling himself that he is Pilot.  But he is starting to learn.

Thanks for all you have done.  I can't wait to see more improvements.

--------------------------------------------------------
Your friend, in Tormented Space,
Richard LeVasseur,
mailto:rlevasseur@prexar.com
--------------------------------------------------------