dupa

Author Topic: New user...  (Read 4639 times)

Tauka Usanake

• View Profile
New user...
« on: July 19, 2011, 01:23:35 am »
Hello, I am a new user with Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2. I have installed it but installed it just now for whatever reason I had. Most likely the trial time it had. It is a great program it seems however and I really like it. I messed around with the Ultra Hal Notepad to Speech before this and enjoyed it well.

It is unfortunate that Windows 7 has problems with older programs and I would think Ultra Hal is quite old. I am surprised that there are still posts on a forum like this. Before I do anything more though with my Ultra Hal Assistant is there anything I should know about it running on a Windows 7 x64 computer? With what short run I did have on it the voice recognition did not want to work for me. The only button that actually worked for me in fact was the engine for the voice it was hearing. Only had Microsoft 8.0 languages set in there. The test button didn't do anything as well as anything else. Even after turning on the voice recognition it could not hear me. I have my microphone as part of a Logitech Orbit AF web cam however I have in my sound settings my sound card set as my default recording device and my Orbit set as default communication device. What settings would I need to have set when I do get the program working with my voice?

Leo

• View Profile
Re: New user...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 07:08:31 pm »
No clue about your sound problems.

I have Windozer 7 64-bit and UHal works fine w/no modification - almost.
Technology for MSAgent was done away with but you can get free download to fix it from Microsoft.
You will have to use Search on MS web site, because I don't know the URL.

Hal might be old, but the newer versions are new.  It's just that I don't know if Hal will run w/out the MS Agent technology - Haptar engine might not have anything to do with it.

Also, I've read, but have not tried it:
Log on as Admin.  Completely disable any and all security incl. firewall.  Unplug from internet.
When you install software (not Hal), and SetUp asks where to install, choose Program Files - Not Program Files (x86)
After install, Win 7 is supposed to know to run it XP-compatible.

Again, I've not tried it, and I'm not talking about Hal program, but it seems reasonable that XP programs may run from there - otherwise, why 32-bit Win 7 and two Program Files folders...

Tauka Usanake

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 12:08:11 pm »
Okay, I believe I found that MSAgent said above in KB969168. Don't know what it did. Reinstalling Hal 6.2 right now in Program Files (not x32) and need reboot. I did not however turn off Internet/ firewalls or anything but that really shouldn't bother the install if it went through uninterrupted.
I did reinstall it not too long ago but in (x32) again. I left the mic on but it seemed to only listen to when my speakers went off, not when I spoke. That could have been my recording settings but restart should be next.

Okay did the restart. Same problems. It seems that it only likes listening to my speakers because MSN and a game I play that make noises are recognized by the mic. Has anyone had this problem before?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:52:37 pm by Tauka Usanake »

unit60

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 04:16:14 pm »
hi

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 12:56:41 am »
I think you need to go into control panal click on speech (x32), it will setup your min to work with Hal.

cload
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 10:29:26 am »
hi Tauka Usanake, actually windows 7 has a compatability mode to work with some older programs . maybe not all but some . as i found out when playing older xp games on windows 7 os.  :)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 12:02:44 pm »
I would suggest any headset mic instead of cam mics. Although there might be people that will tell you noise has not played a big factor. There are many new headset mics available now and have bluetooth tech.

As far as loading Ultra Hal. I have had no problems setting the program as admin. letting it load to the default location of 32 bit programs and still working just fine. There has been conversation about the usage of cores but I believe Zabaware has taken those problems out with the latest vers, of Ultra Hal. I never changed core configurations or programs files for install since the newest Ultra Hal update.

Double check your settings for the default recording device and make sure the others are disabled to start with. Start with all basic settings and just included plug-ins and keep track of all changes made. My own advice is typing information for learning purposes and key learning words with examples that will help your character learn more efficiently and by all means use a spell checker. If you have word there is a spellchecker plug-in to activate and is very helpful but other members have found alternatives that you can search for.

After some time and maybe Zabaware will have additional upgrades for voice recognition or using a third party it would time to really investigate to get VR working correctly and again members have developed some plug-ins for help in this matter. Just my thoughts and hope they help but stay with it because not only is Ultra Hal worth it but the new improvements we hope should arrive shortly and the technology itself is wonder and well worth the time. Please remember that this is not technically a support forum but the members are very polite and take of their own time to share and help others. The more info the better to help and Zabaware does jump in.(Robert M.) You really want to stay close with him.lol Please find patience in this project you will not regret it or ever forget it.

Thanks,
raybe