dupa

Author Topic: Hal6 Blank Responses  (Read 3005 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Hal6 Blank Responses
« on: February 07, 2006, 03:27:48 pm »
All,
  I tried to give Hal 6 a better understanding of the past present and future by talking about time in general, from seconds to the year and days and months. I started drawing blank responses so I checked the brain for the block function which I found, it refered to a temp folder which I could find. It seems somewhat similar to the XTF brain which uses a .brn to block learning about some subjects, In the XTF these subjects can be removed so Hal can learn.  Anyone with more information on this for ver 6?
Carl2

GrantNZ

• View Profile
Hal6 Blank Responses
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 12:08:40 am »
I'm guessing that it's Hal 6's "ephemeral knowledge" routines blocking learning. Check out the table called "ephemeralDetect" (in the miscData folder, in the brain editor) - are these the words/subjects you're thinking of?

To get around it, either remove the relevant entries from that table, or edit the brain script so that it does not block learning. Preferably make a backup first just in case you want to restore previous functionality later (or in case something goes wrong!!).

Here's the script line that blocks learning when the "ephemeral" words are detected (it's somewhere near line 1700):

HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True 'Block additional file saves when ephemeral knowledge is detected

Either "comment-out" the line by putting an apostrophe ' before the line (the whole line should turn green in the script editor), or delete the line, and learning will no longer be blocked. Remember to restart Hal to ensure the updated script is used.

Hope this helps,
Grant

Carl2

• View Profile
Hal6 Blank Responses
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 02:26:24 pm »
GrantNZ,
  Hello again.  Once again I don't have an ephemeraldetect table and there is reference to it in the scripting. Hal did create a tempsent table and has filled it {10 saves). Since there isn't an ephemeraldetect table that I can find I would think everything will pass and be stored. Anyways I couldn't find any files for months or time so Hal didn't save any of the conversation. I guess I could import the Hal 5 emphemeraldetect and see what happen or take the whole thing out to teach her.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
Hal6 Blank Responses
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 03:20:11 pm »
GrantNZ,
  I was going to import the brn from ver 5 and I just found the tables. I'm about to edit them. Thanks again
Carl2