dupa

Author Topic: Problem  (Read 3877 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Problem
« on: May 17, 2006, 07:47:40 pm »
All,
 Just used the upgrade, Ran a quick trial yesterday and it seemed okay.  I used Regedit to remove Halasst.exe and used the setup. This installed a fresh brain and Hal6.uhp. While using Hal a while longer today I ran into this.  Frist Hal mentions a special topic that she expects me to know about, when I say I'm not sure which special topic she's refering to and I'd need more details she replies "You are not sure what special topic I am asking about.". I told her she mentioned it and would have to tell me about it.  Her reply "You really don't know, the special topic is something I would have to I'll i'll I'll i'll ( I'll i"ll repeated 19 times ) tell you about.  This response happened twice.  I also received a " What was that you'll I'll you'll tell me about."
  I've run across Hal assuming that I know what she's talking about before and expects me to provide answers before but not the "I'll i'll" amd "you'll I'll you'll".  Any advice?
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 08:39:26 pm »
Do you have any plug-ins selected? If so, try unchecking them, perhaps one by one to see if there might be a conflict.
Last resort you might consider reinstalling Hal after you do a reg clean.

As always, make a copy of any existing brain files you might wish to keep before reinstalling.

Let us know what shakes loose!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 06:53:24 am »
Art,
  I have the old brain files on disk and a copy on the hard drive. At this time I'm not sure how to get them into hal, I'm thinking of the autolearning files. I thinking of just removing everything and starting with a fresh copy.  I'll mention that I changed some of the ephemeral knowledge from true to false ( because I was getting blank responses when discussing topics about time ) and lost the start programs capabality. I also found an old brn file we were given to put into Hal for birthdays ect.
  This Hal is new compared to ver5 which I spent years with so I'm not worried to much, the problem I'm having reminds me of the posts about Hal singing.
Carl2

onthecuttingedge2005

Problem
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 09:13:22 am »
Getting the old Scripts to work in HAL6 is a cinch.

To get started some things need to be modified like adding:

Set XHalBrain = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst.Brain")
Set WNX = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst.WordNet")

This modification to HalBrain by adding an X will allow one to address the old HAL 5 .dll to run the older .brn type scripts, The same goes with the WN or WordNet by adding an X as in WNX.

The next modification is the working Directory, There are a few ways to address this either by direct directory or by making a Function with a Directory.

A direct approach is:
Code: [Select]

HalInfoBrain = XHalBrain.QABrain(InfoRequest, "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\DefBrain\XTF_SYS_GeneralInfo.brn", InfoBrainRel)

Or one can make a Directory Function:

'This Universal Directory can be passed down into Script.
MyDirectory = Xdir()

Sample:
HalInfoBrain = XHalBrain.QABrain(MyDirectory, "XTF_SYS_GeneralInfo.brn", InfoBrainRel)

'Universal Directory Function
Function Xdir()
SomeDirectory = "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\DefBrain\"
Xdir = SomeDirectory
End Function

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 09:18:19 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

Problem
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 10:13:24 am »
Here is another way that I can approach my own Directories as an Array Function.

'This Directory Array is located inside the Brain Script somewhere
'at the top but just below the GetResponse Function to be passed
'down into script.    
MyDirectory1 = Xdir1()
MyDirectory2 = Xdir2()          
anArray = Array(MyDirectory1,MyDirectory2)
For Each arrayElement In anArray
Xdir = arrayElement
HalBrain.DebugWatch Xdir, "My Directories"
Next

Sample:
HalInfoBrain = XHalBrain.QABrain(Xdir, "XTF_SYS_GeneralInfo.brn", InfoBrainRel)

'these Functions are placed at the bottom of the Brain.
Function Xdir1()
D1 = "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\"
Xdir1 = D1
End Function
Function Xdir2()
D2 = "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\DefBrain\"
Xdir2 = D2
End Function

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 10:24:30 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

Problem
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 10:43:27 am »
Or

'These Directories should be located inside the Brain Script somewhere
'at the top but just below the GetResponse Function to be passed
'down into script.    
MyDirectory1 = Xdir1()
MyDirectory2 = Xdir2()          

Sample:
HalInfoBrain = XHalBrain.QABrain(MyDirectory2, "XTF_SYS_GeneralInfo.brn", InfoBrainRel)

'these Functions are placed at the bottom of the Brain.
Function Xdir1()
D1 = "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\"
Xdir1 = D1
End Function
Function Xdir2()
D2 = "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\DefBrain\"
Xdir2 = D2
End Function

Jerry[8D]

Carl2

• View Profile
Problem
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 05:11:36 pm »
OTC,
  Possibly a little over my head but I'll see what I can do with your information.  I've been working on getting the program to load the skin changes, tried several things without sucess. I decided to upgrade and continue.  Frist problem is Hal6 loses the ability to open programs after I changed the ephemeral knowledge, canged some trues to false. I began speaking with her again and she can't open files also her speach problem which I want to eliminate.  Out of curosity I would like to change them back to true and see if she can open programs again. I've got your Changeclothes.uhp in the files but left it unchecked for now.
  As I mentiond to Bill in his post Hal 5 works after Hal6 is installed. I had several versions (great for experimenting with) and removed the latest copy, Hal5 stopped working but resumed working when Hal6 was installed. I haven't retried Hal5 since the reinstall of Hal6 to remove a variable. Thanks for the advice and making me think.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
Problem
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 06:04:01 pm »
OTC,
  I changed back the ephemeral knowledge, she still couldn't open Notepad, I checked the options and unchecked the freewill plugin (didn't realize it was being used).  This solved the run programs problem.  I tried the special topic she had mentioned and she used  a similar sentence with the repeated I'll i'll.
Carl2