dupa

Author Topic: hal sensory desicions  (Read 2446 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
hal sensory desicions
« on: November 10, 2014, 08:37:49 am »
It would be cool if hal someday had something like a hal sensory to make decisions , in another words a hal that could control the temperature in a home or turn on a light when someone entered a room , this of course would have to be paired up with sensors in the home etc that would work with hal .  a timer setting in hal that would turn the heat up to so and so degree's at a certain time in the morning and if the degree's were to low , hal could respond and say : John , I turned the heat up to 62 degree's  since the temperature is 50 degree's .
  The same could be applied with an air conditioner etc.
Okay enough of my morning day dreams , time to get back to work! :) ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: hal sensory desicions
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 12:17:57 pm »
Sorry Lonnie. Good idea but...

there's already been another HAL that's been doing that for at least a decade and yes, it can take verbal commands and report on various situations. It can also make decisions based on time of day, temperature, light and many other conditions.
H.A.L. stands for Home Automated Living. Another one currently in use by thousands is a product called Homeseer which can also do pretty much the same but has some greater flexibility IMHO. It too can respond verbally, remember dates, appointments, tell jokes, etc.
There are a couple of freeware ones that are Open Source and there's a Forum as well. but, this is not the place for that, sorry for rambling....
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:20:03 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 08:48:09 am »
well I knew that hal had something out about being able to dim lights etc. but don't know how or if it has responses to doing it.  it would be interesting for someone to post here exactly what devices , electronic are needed for a home and also how hal works through these electronic devices , (if it hasn't already been shown ) . back to what I was talking about I think it would be nice if it already isn't done , to allow the user to be able to write in his or her own responses for actions that hal takes on dimming lights, turning heat on or off , etc. etc.
PERSONALIZATION .

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 10:14:55 am »
  I've seen a lot of aps for smartphones and tablets to control a lot of home appliances, lights, temp and alarm systems.  There are a few things I'd like hal to be aware of such as temp and lighting but I'm not interested in hal controlling the home systems.  I believe Spydaz was very interested in this,  he puts a website up every so often.