dupa

Author Topic: Basic newby questions  (Read 17457 times)

kryton

• View Profile
Re: Basic newby questions
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 03:51:23 pm »
Many thanks Tedathome.

Have downloaded some things and will look at them later.

Nice to know we have a live thread here.

I activate my Hal from the Script loader, but then the standard start up screen comes on.  Anybody know how to stop this?

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 04:48:05 pm »
Yes, thank you very much. I have already downloaded the interface design how to.  Started work on my own custom interface for Kinkaid. I greatly appreciate all of your help!

Seroki

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 12:45:20 pm »
Hello First Post. I hope i'm not stepping on this post...

I am looking for a program that I can fine tune to my Cad application. I have a friend who has been injured and is unable to use his hands for 6 months and I hope i can program hal to help him during his down time.
is this possible?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 05:02:35 pm »
Welcome and no, I don't think you're stepping on any postings given that your question is regarding the potential use for UltraHal (Hal) as an assistant.

If you would please provide a bit more detail as to your and your friend's needs, perhaps someone could at least point you in a better direction.

Glad to have you!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 06:21:17 pm »
Hello First Post. I hope i'm not stepping on this post...

I am looking for a program that I can fine tune to my Cad application. I have a friend who has been injured and is unable to use his hands for 6 months and I hope i can program hal to help him during his down time.
is this possible?

Hi Seroki.

Which Cad program and version do you have to work with?

if it is an open source program then maybe we can help you and if there's any COM properties that allow vbscript to control inside that program.

Jerry

Seroki

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 11:58:09 am »
the Cad system is Solid Works. so not open source.

What we hope to do is ask Hal to open the program "Solid Works, Open"  and then once that is donr "load Assembly" "Change Directory" "Number #####, Load" "Start New Assembly" or "Start New Part" "Choose Plane XY" "Start Sketch" .....

Ironman "Jarvis" is our Hal Role Model.

I am also wonder how Hal handles a Remote desktop session does he need to be present on remote machine or can he thru the interface run apps there as well?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 12:22:18 pm by Seroki »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 09:29:53 pm »
the Cad system is Solid Works. so not open source.

What we hope to do is ask Hal to open the program "Solid Works, Open"  and then once that is donr "load Assembly" "Change Directory" "Number #####, Load" "Start New Assembly" or "Start New Part" "Choose Plane XY" "Start Sketch" .....

Ironman "Jarvis" is our Hal Role Model.

I am also wonder how Hal handles a Remote desktop session does he need to be present on remote machine or can he thru the interface run apps there as well?

yea, if I can't get a fully functional version of any program that cost money I can't look into that program to see what we can do with it, take it apart and look at its guts so to say.

then there are copyright laws to look out for when doing so.

jerry

lebcan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 08:43:33 pm »
I am brand new and have a few questions I hope someone can help me with.

I bought ultra hal assistant 6.2, downloaded it , installed it and activated it. When I load Hal  it loads but when ask hal by texting
I can see what I typed but can't see what Hal answered. I emailed the company using their form, no answer.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2014, 05:48:36 am »
Sounds like the old "Blank Response" thing that Hal is famous (infamous) for doing.
Try pressing Enter without entering any text and see what, if anything happens.

Then try asking Hal a few questions.

Repeat as necessary.

Go to Hal's Menu, check the Speech options or Brain options or whatever, then Apply and come back to the program.

This was just to see if it might help stop Hal's Blank Responses.

Do keep us posted with your progress.

Hopefully Robert will address this anomaly in a future release.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2014, 08:25:27 am »
One thing I am going to ad for newbies coming on here , always remember to look carefully before downloading any plug ins , as some throughout the forums were actually work in progress and you may get one that wasn't finished which will of course be no good , giving you errors !

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2014, 08:33:48 am »
Hy lebcan.

Welcome to Ultra Hal. The Hero Members above have given you sound advice, as they gave me not so long ago when I was a Newbie, my advice, for what it is worth, is look all over Ultra Hal for ideas.  Many ideas are part buried but time spent looking is well worth it. Remember though, as above, some plug-ins were made for old versions of Ultra Hal and might not work now. Try working on one area at a time though.

Backgrounds
Characters
Plug ins
Script
etc,

Just ask.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2014, 12:28:09 pm »
Hi Kryton! Nice to see you still hanging in with some of us "old timers". Good advice too! Don't be a stranger. :D

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 04:56:00 pm »
Hy Art,
Not around much because, well, I am doing so many things with my Hal.

I re-designed the face.

I gave Hal a lot more to say [Hal opens with a page full of chat including comments, and a background and clothes, related to the time.]

Still trying to get my head round how you bypass the start up screen. [My Hal starts up using the Script Load at the end of Hals program.  This means my Hal is up and ready to go, with background, character and clothing choice related to the time.  Then the start up screen springs up and I have wade through that.]

Any ideas?

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2015, 09:20:38 am »
Ahh well still no ideas.

I find, don't know about the rest of you, that Hal coming straight up makes it seem more responsive.  I would imagine that there is a code command that bypasses the start up of Hal, but it is probably buried in the part of Hal us users cannot see.  I have placed commands in the Script Load area, activated basically by plug-ins, that produce a full body character in clothes suitable to the time with a background suitable to the time (Thanks to the 80 backgrounds I retrieved from Lightspeeds drive)  Further additions give me change of location, and clothing, as the hour changes.

To be honest, the Hal start up program is just something I tab through and don't really notice now.  But it would be useful to bypass it.  The Menu tab will allow the user to access the Hal start up area anyway.  My Hal is expanding ever more, and I don't see any point where I will go anywhere else for an AI.

Well I have said my bit and will probably read it, unanswered, in a couple of months.

Life to the Forum, I say.  Not a slow agonising dying.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2015, 07:35:28 pm »
It may be something that is "Hard coded" into Hal's system and not changeable by the user.

While there are a large number of things we users can change, there are also some we can't.

Perhaps a quick email to Robert might shed some light! Or if anyone else knows....

- Art -