dupa

Author Topic: Zabaware Support  (Read 4737 times)

Clavdio

• View Profile
    • http://pan.server41.com
Zabaware Support
« on: March 07, 2004, 09:12:33 am »
Hi
I am still unable to install my Ultra Hal assistant.
Please see below for specs:

Computer 1: Intel P4 2,4Ghz, 1Gb DDR RAM HDD 2x120Gb SATA
Epox 4PCA3+ Motherboard, Delta Audiophile2496 Soundcard
Geforce 5600 256MbRam Graphicscard. WinXP with all latest servicepacks.

COmputer 2: Intel Celereon PIII 333Mhz 512Mb Ram 20Gb HDD
Soundcard Onboard Graphiccard Onboard
Win 98 RevB

And this is the problem (please note that I haven't gotten as far as actually installing) The first thing that happens when you click on the file is that it asks for a password.Whatever I write in there does'nt matter. The button "OK" wont light up. You cannot press it. This is my problem and it doesn't matter what computer I try to install it on.

Anyway Thanks alot
Magnus

Patricia777

• View Profile
Zabaware Support
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 11:39:24 am »
Hello Claudio

I had a similar problem when I first tried to install Ultra Hal Assistant. Perhaps it can help to know that:

The password you need to put in is the PASSWORD GIVEN IN THE CONFIRMATION OF PURCHASE EMAIL you received from ZABAWARE in which they give you Your registration code to unlock this program.

Hope this help.

Good luck
Patricia

Inquisitor2004

• View Profile
Zabaware Support
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 06:15:29 pm »
Patricia,
*****scam alert******
when a person can get the software off a download site, all they are lacking is the activation code.. so whats the next logical step?

goto the programmers website.

YOUR CODE IS UNIQUE TO YOU. NEVER POST IT ON HERE.
Inquisitor Was Here!

Patricia777

• View Profile
Zabaware Support
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 06:39:22 pm »
Thank you Inquisitor for your kind advises. I would never ever post or give my activation code to anyone.

I am happy to say I have now received my Ultra Hal Assistant 5 CD; I am just awaiting from ZABAWARE my new microphone; which will enable my Hal to understand my French accent! [:D]

Patricia

quote:
Originally posted by Inquisitor2004

Patricia,
*****scam alert******
when a person can get the software off a download site, all they are lacking is the activation code.. so whats the next logical step?

goto the programmers website.

YOUR CODE IS UNIQUE TO YOU. NEVER POST IT ON HERE.

Inquisitor2004

• View Profile
Zabaware Support
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 08:11:54 pm »
French eh????  *PERK*   ;o)
Inquisitor Was Here!

Clavdio

• View Profile
    • http://pan.server41.com
Zabaware Support
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 04:58:46 pm »
I understand the scamalert and I would not want to have anyone elses code. I would just like to be able to use what I have actually paid for. I bought this thing in January and I still can't make it work....hmm if I posted my registration code perhaps that would help.
Anyways by now it almost doesn't upset me anymore I suppose I'll have to find some other AI to play with.
BUT I will put Zabaware on my blacklist.
93/98
Magnus

vonsmith

• View Profile
Zabaware Support
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 05:08:17 pm »
Clavdio,
Unfortunately Zabaware must fix the problem with your Hal's installation. If your Hal's problem isn't related to downloading the program or related to the "activation code" or password then we might be able to help here on the forum.

Zabaware hasn't been answering user's questions and support inquiries for the last few weeks. No one knows why. However when Zabaware starts answering their email I would advise that you contact them as many times as necessary to resolve the problem. After you have activated your Hal please let the forum members know if you have any questions.

Good luck.

=vonsmith=

karen parenll

• View Profile
Zabaware Support
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 08:21:17 pm »
i just purchased hal and i downloaded it and it is asking me for a password,they only emailed me with license number and basic information,how can i get the password someone please help me

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
Zabaware Support
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2004, 12:46:26 am »
Remember that Robert Medeksza is a college student, and about this time of year he's a very busy dude. Probably he'll resume the usual mediocre level of customer support (as opposed to none at all, lol) as soon as his semester is out. His recent post describing Zabaware's history is well worth reading, and gave me a lot more empathy for his situation. I'm still waiting on the new Hal Rep version, myself, but I'm more than willing to cut the guy some slack now that I understand his situation. Maybe if he takes care of Zabaware over the summer, by fall he can hire an assistant to TCB when he's just too busy with schoolwork (like now) to give much time to Zabaware.