Author Topic: A question on animism  (Read 12886 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A question on animism
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 06:19:18 pm »
I read that elephants or at least one in particular was actually able to recognize itself in a mirror. The researchers made a chalk mark (X) on the elephant's forehead and when shown in the mirror, the elephant touched the mark that was on it's head exactly as shown in the mirror.

(and you know...they never forget!)

@Carl,
My computer uses its built in web cam to log me into my computer. It recognized my face (as scary as it may be) and grants me access when it realizes a match between what it sees and what is in it's database. Been that way for almost 2 years. No one gets in but me. (at least the honest ones as I'm sure a hack might be able to figure out a way in.)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: A question on animism
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2012, 08:29:27 pm »
Art,
  With my computer and webcam I had to buy additional software to get the webcam to work with Face recognition, got the software and it works, it also logs me into other sites where a id and password is needed.  I've changed the position of the cam a few times to find the best location.  I'm using the webcam computer and a 32" tv.  I can also connect a security cam into the system, nice.
  I believe Robert M. had also mentioned facial recognition for use with Hal some time ago. Yes, I mentioned that earlier.
Back to OTC post.
 I reciently saw a TV series about an advanced( naturaly) robot,  At the end we learn that the advanced robot was built through the use af an AI program that used the internet to get money, start a company, and have companies make the the parts necessary for the advanced robot in an attempt to be more human.
Carl2