Author Topic: Life - Cereal question  (Read 29092 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Life - Cereal question
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2009, 12:14:01 am »
ricky,
If I fire a bullet, a bullet does not come back at me as an opposite reaction...................[:D][:D][:D]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

ricky

• View Profile
Life - Cereal question
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2009, 12:27:51 am »
if you fire a bullet,  the bullet moves.

duh.

I find it fascinating when people get so smart, they lose common sense.

"i crack iself up" - Virgil

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
Life - Cereal question
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2009, 12:35:20 am »
Hi,
i have to be brave enough to have an opinion,
to suggest has sometimes shown that the following debate finds answers views and such,

to debate the name does not interest me, call things what you want,

as i've mentioned in the years i've been posting here i have boiled my focuss down in a way to try to comprehend,

which leed me to saying variations,
the way i view variations is sometimes to consider the number one,
 also zero becomes interesting,

i've spent this year really putting my mind to it, mr data helps,
since i formulated the thought in my head that "one is a general term used to describe a general set of variations", an unmeasureable quantity and therefore... the implications, whats its name,where's its boundery, what is solid,everything,if radiation parts of a apple are in the empty apple bowl then there is not zero apples in the bowl so where is zero, my mountaining of proff did not sway me from thinking about it and looking into it,and so here i am,
since i've thought this and started to try to prove myself wrong i find that i am unable to.
So to my questions to the forum, and keep answers as short as posible, as its really one question with to many words,

show me one anything anywhere? all the evidance i can find and think of shows me "one is a general set of variations",

is zero a general set of variations just like one? appears so. the empty apple bowl containing parts of the apple even tho no apples have ever been in it.

and as i suggested the implications and what this means about the meanings of words as they cannot be pinned down, like anything else,

and for all my efforts to understand variations and being asked to explain it,and i have found it makes finding answers to questions in any subject easy, often anyway,
i don't think Steven Hawking those years ago when i emailed him to explain why something would excape a black hole was upset as he is brave enough to put his ideas forward for people like me to learn from,
i havn't made a  million bucks so i can't be very smart anyway, if small things amuse small minds perhaps i have the smallest mind of all, perhaps this is a good time to chuck in one more variations :)

Thank you, its nice to have the Zabaware forum to share thoughts, and to be entertained.
Bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data in New Zealand :) :]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 12:44:09 am by will »
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Life - Cereal question
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2009, 12:48:58 am »
Will,
IMO numbers are absolutes ( at the lower end of math) and not variations, however, a number can describe and pin down a set of variations to an exact quantity.

If the bowl has no or ever had any Apples there are no apples or radiation of them ( unless the Star Trek Transporter is involved)

FYI, people used to be prosicuted for working with the number Zero  ;)

any better??

Regards,
J.

• View Profile
Life - Cereal question
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2009, 12:53:17 am »
so you suggest that there is no atoms floating within the inside of the apple bowl, no radiation, no electromag,?

and that a apple would not contain atom, radiation, ?

i have read that ambiant radiation can be shown by coiling a wire in the atmoshere and a current is generated therefore showing background radiation,

i think if you look into it you'll find there are particals of types passing right through our very bodies,,

please try again

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Life - Cereal question
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2009, 12:53:33 am »
WILL!,
You wrote Hawking??
particles are smashed at the 'event horizon' and some of the particles are sent outward, manifesting in radiation, so, they are not 'invisible' it just depends on what color glasses you have on ;)

regards,
J.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Life - Cereal question
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2009, 12:57:50 am »
quote:
Originally posted by ricky

if you fire a bullet,  the bullet moves.

duh.

I find it fascinating when people get so smart, they lose common sense.

No, ( I think ) firing a bullet sets fire to gun powder and expands , since this is done in something like a rifle barrel it pushes the projectile outward so the gas can escape.
I do not see the opposite or equal reaction.

common sense,,, I am too poor to pay attention, LOL!

Regards,
J.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Life - Cereal question
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2009, 01:01:26 am »
quote:
Originally posted by will

so you suggest that there is no atoms floating within the inside of the apple bowl, no radiation, no electromag,?

and that a apple would not contain atom, radiation, ?

i have read that ambiant radiation can be shown by coiling a wire in the atmoshere and a current is generated therefore showing background radiation,

i think if you look into it you'll find there are particals of types passing right through our very bodies,,

please try again

Will,
their atoms floating around in a 'chaotic state' hence the transporter to re-arrange them.

Yes gamma and other particles pass through our bodies all the time, how do you compare that to an apple bowl with imaginary Apples??

Regards,
J.

• View Profile
Life - Cereal question
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2009, 01:02:21 am »
i wrote to Hawking after i read a few pages of his book,i was looking for faults, i had read about that time he was the smartest man,
Hawking later retracted that book,
i've not looked at his latest book,

something goes into the black hole, perhaps a space ship, most of which appears to get squashed as it goes in, so stuff is going in and there for there is mass going in, it has mass in it, it has mass,
after the event horizon, there is mass in it,

can you refraze your question again please

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Life - Cereal question
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2009, 01:04:13 am »
Will,
what question??[?]

• View Profile
Life - Cereal question
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2009, 01:05:07 am »
if we accept that radiation is passing through us then the apple contains that radiation and so would the empty bowl contain those same parts, parts of the everyting, the apple

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Life - Cereal question
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2009, 01:05:58 am »
Will,
Please re-read what I said about the 'event horizon' [8D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Life - Cereal question
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2009, 01:08:47 am »
quote:
Originally posted by will

if we accept that radiation is passing through us then the apple contains that radiation and so would the empty bowl contain those same parts, parts of the everyting, the apple

Will,
IMO you are correct but remember that the particles are in a chaotic 'state' and would need to be arranged to make something, so it has oranges in it as well, but not cohesive.

Regards,
J.

• View Profile
Life - Cereal question
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2009, 01:12:20 am »
agreed,
so it would appear we agree that there is such a thing as radiation,

and that it appears in the apple and the bowl which shows the bowl does not contain zero apples,

we have not found zero, "my general set of variations"

i'm not sure what you were getting at with the event horizon comment, can you put it in a question perhaps or show where the zero is there or one?

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Life - Cereal question
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2009, 01:21:08 am »
Will,
sure, at the event horizon particles smash together, either creating something or destroying and canceling out the particles,, however, once in a while their is an extra particle that is not part of something else and becomes radiation this could equate to a single/1 particle escaping and seen as radiation,, put your infra red glasses on and look through a telescope  ;)

Regards,
J.