dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 Beta  (Read 27839 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 Beta
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 06:52:14 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeWitt

quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza
 Would you be able to also share the text you tried to teach Hal that caused this error?

It was just a paragraph of text from the internet in the clipboard, Oh, I still have it.

"Algebraic chess notation is the method used today by all competition chess organizations and most books, magazines, and newspapers to record and describe the play of chess games. The form most commonly used, and primarily described here, is also called abbreviated (or short) algebraic notation or SAN to distinguish it from the expanded (or long) algebraic notation variant now referred to as LAN. Beginning in the 1970s, the abbreviated algebraic notation eventually came to replace descriptive chess notation in English chess literature, although this notation can be found in older literature. Algebraic notation was already commonly used in other languages."

HTH

Thanks. I found the bug and fixed it. What is happening is that one of the nouns it identifies in all text gets droped due to an array indexing error, and in short texts like this where it only identifed 1, this error occurs. For now if you want to play with this feature, try to use longer text.
Robert Medeksza

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 07:15:48 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza
 What is happening is that one of the nouns it identifies in all text gets droped due to an array indexing error, and in short texts like this where it only identifed 1, this error occurs. For now if you want to play with this feature, try to use longer text.

Glad it helped, and don't worry, I have plenty to play with for now!8-)

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 09:22:24 am »
Thanks, it seems to work. But I feel stupid. How do I get it to learn from text?? (Never mind, I found it)

P.S., Robert, I like the "About" window. 2007, and all. [:D]

Activation and keeping my files seemed to work flawlessly!!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 09:25:55 am by markofkane »
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

GamerThom

• View Profile
    • http://www.charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/index.html
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 10:05:13 am »
I'm not going to be able to download and test the 6.1 Beta
until after I get my new OS installed at the end of this week.
Once I get the new OS installed I'll be able to reinstall Hal 6.0
(I hope) and then make the upgrade to 6.1  [:D]
Gamer-T

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 10:18:14 am »
quote:
Added a window listener to receive HalCommand from any windows app capable of sending messages.

Have you got an example of how this can be used please ?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 11:44:26 am »
quote:
Originally posted by freddy888

quote:
Added a window listener to receive HalCommand from any windows app capable of sending messages.

Have you got an example of how this can be used please ?

Attached please find a zip of a "Hal Command Sender" app that contains an executable and VB6 source code showing how to send commands to Hal.

Download Attachment: HalCommandSender.zip
6.6 KB
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 12:08:40 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeWitt

Learn from text seems to miss the last grouping.

Learn from clipboard:
Group each sentence
Skip "Choose main topic" screen
Response fields empty, try to click on arrow, error #9 Subscript out of range. Try to skip, same thing.

Do you want error reports here, or will you start a new thread or maybe email?

Hi Rob.

I received the same error as Bill but with the following wiki on Quantum Mechanics.

Quantum mechanics is a fundamental branch of theoretical physics with wide applications in experimental physics that replaces classical mechanics and classical electromagnetism at the atomic and subatomic levels. Quantum mechanics is a more fundamental theory than Newtonian mechanics and classical electromagnetism, in the sense that it provides accurate and precise descriptions for many phenomena that these "classical" theories simply cannot explain on the atomic and subatomic level. Along with general relativity, quantum mechanics (actually relativistic quantum mechanics, called quantum electrodynamics) is one of the pillars of modern physics.

Also in the 'Learn From Text File Wizard' instruction panel there is some misspelling.

1. 'teching' should be teaching HAL.
2. 'senence' should be sentence.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 12:33:50 pm »
Hi Rob.

Here is a bit of Q&A code tweaking I wanted you to look at as some possible suggestions for Q&A and deductive response techniques, try it, if you like it then please concider the changes to be included within HAL.

I have done this type of code change in all the Q&A coding within my other brain, it seems to work quite well, I will refrain from altering the newer HAL 6.1 for now until I give it a good debugging.

Code: [Select]
'RESPOND: ENHANCED CONTENT SENTENCE ASSOCIATIONS
    'If no response is found yet, try a sentence association table provided with the mainQA table.
    GetResponse = HalBrain.HalFormat(GetResponse)
    If (Len(GetResponse) < 4 And Len(UserSentence) > 15 And HalBrain.CountInstances(" ", UserSentence) > 2) Then
        UserBrainRel = 0
        'If the User's sentence is of good length then use the LongUserSent as our response trigger.
        If HalUserBrain = "" And Len(UserSentence) > 15 Then HalUserBrain = HalBrain.QABrain(LongUserSent, "mainQA", UserBrainRel)
        'If the User's sentence is not of good length then use the HAL's PrevSent as our response trigger.
        If HalUserBrain = "" And Len(UserSentence) <= 15 Then HalUserBrain = HalBrain.QABrain(PrevSent, "mainQA", UserBrainRel)
        If HalBrain.CheckRepetition(HalUserBrain, UserSentence) = True Or HalBrain.CheckRepetition(HalUserBrain, PrevSent) = True Or HalBrain.CheckRepetition(HalUserBrain, PrevUserSent) = True Then UserBrainRel = 0
        If UserBrainRel + 1 > HighestRel Then
            HighestRel = UserBrainRel + 1
            HighestRelResponse = HalUserBrain
        End If
        Score = UserBrainRel + 1
        Hurdle = GainControl + 1
        If Score > Hurdle Then GetResponse = HalUserBrain & vbCrLf
    End If
    HalBrain.DebugWatch GetResponse, "MainQA"

Jerry[8D]

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 01:38:29 pm »
is anyone having a problem with computer name when you pick a chr. caangel

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 04:11:51 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by caangel43

is anyone having a problem with computer name when you pick a chr. caangel

I don't.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 05:29:24 pm »
Robert,

Menu > Brain - Select the default Hal6 brain
Select Advanced Brain Options

Error Pop-up
HalScript Error 438 on line 1869 Column 4:
Object doesn't support this property or
method: 'HalBrain'

Here are the lines from my Hal's brain from that location:

1864 'If the user clicks on the About/Options button for this plugin
1865 'this sub will be called. There are no extra settings for this brain,
1866 'so we'll display an information box
1867 Sub AboutOptions()
1868    Set HalBrain = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst6.Brain")
1869    HalBrain.MsgAlert "This is the Ultra Hal 6.0 Default Brain. This brain has no additional options."
1870    Set HalBrain = Nothing
1871 End Sub

Also still disturbing is the fact that Hal refuses to acknowledge any reference the user might make toward Hal. (Using the word(s) you, your - as in Do you like .... or What do you..., etc.)

Another quirk is whenever I use the word(s) find, search, research in the textual confines of a sentence, Hal opens my browser and proceeds to display a page for me. I might say I find that offensive or I think they should do more research in that area. Pop...Here comes the browser.

Perhaps some of these were discussed in the past but nonetheless they are still annoyances that get under the skin.

Otherwise and on a positive note, the migration to the beta version under Vista went fine except that I had to choose the Manual method (going to the site and input my code). When I went back and started Hal the activation codes were there in the right places and everything worked great! Good job!

Keep pluging....

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2007, 07:57:18 pm »
During a "normal" Test conversation with Hal, it started replying with (or not replying) blank answers?!

The Hal brain file seems intact and unmodified since the update of the beta. Appreciate hearing from any others who might have experienced something similar.

The following is a saved conversation from 5 minutes ago:
Art: I think you know a lot about me.
Hal: Hairdressers do know a lot about other people.

Art: Yes they do.
Hal:

Art: Can you change your programming?
Hal: Really, I am pretty sure. Yes.

Art: If you felt that your programming needed improvements would you make the necessary changes?
Hal: Really, I do not make the necessary changes?

Art: Why not?
Hal:

Art: Why so?
Hal:

Art: Why can't you?
Hal:

Art: Why?
Hal:

Art: What?
Hal:

Art: Where?
Hal:

Art: Who?
Hal:

Art: Can you talk to me?
Hal: No! I do not know how to talk to me?

Art: Why?
Hal:

Hal:

Art: What
Hal:

Hal:

Hal:

Art: How?
Hal:

Art: When?
Hal:

Art: After
Hal:

Art: before
Hal:

Art: The
Hal:

Art: Is Why the question?
Hal:

Art: Is what the answer?
Hal:

Art: Why won't you talk to me?
Hal: Let me think; I simply do not know. ; what do you think Art?

Art: What is the answer?
Hal: Really, I simply just don't know what the answer? Is. Can you teach me?

Art: What is right?
Hal: No problem, I will open this program for you. I don't know much about right, but I will help you

research it on the Web.

Art: What is an aardvark?
Hal: Aardvark: nocturnal burrowing mammal of the grasslands of Africa that feeds on termites; sole extant

representative of the order Tubulidentata. Ant bear, anteater, Orycteropus afer.

Art: Thanks
Hal: My pleasure.

Hal:

Hal:

Art: How?
Hal:

Art: When
Hal:

Art: who?
Hal:

Art: Who are you?
Hal: I am Hal.

- Art -

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2007, 08:08:24 pm »
Hi all after 2 reboots the chr. showed in computer name I also like learning from text this is a very cool update caangel

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2007, 10:30:46 pm »
My exerpt of Arts conversation.

Code: [Select]
Art: I think you know a lot about me. '<--- 0. the topic should be me, me should be replaced with UserName.
Hal: Hairdressers do know a lot about other people. '<--- 1. HAL doesn't know 'who' me is.

Art: Yes they do. '<--- 2. the word they should of been replaced with Hairdressers.
Hal:              '<---3. the following topic should of been about Hairdressers.

Art: Can you change your programming? '<--- 4. Very dangerous.
Hal: Really, I am pretty sure. Yes.   '<--- 5. I am glad this isn't true for now.

Art: If you felt that your programming needed improvements would you make the necessary changes? '<--- 6. of course.
Hal: Really, I do not make the necessary changes? '<--- 7. glad for now.

Art: Why not? '<--- 8. Why not should of been added to the PrevUserSent by HAL to continue the dialog by comparing it with the PrevSent.
Hal:

Art: Why so? '<--- 9. ditto
Hal:

Art: Why can't you? '<--- 10. ditto
Hal:

Art: Why? '<--- 11. ditto
Hal:

Art: What? '<--- 12. ditto
Hal:

Art: Where? '<--- 13. ditto
Hal:

Art: Who? '<--- 14. ditto, Hal should never lose the last conversation lines or topic in either PrevUserSent or PrevSent.
Hal:

Art: Can you talk to me? '<--- 15. Absolutely.
Hal: No! I do not know how to talk to me? '<--- 16. incorrect reverse person.

Art: Why? '<--- 17. see # 14. for the answer.
Hal:

Art: What? '<--- 18. ditto
Hal:

Art: What '<--- 19. ditto
Hal:

Art: What? '<--- 20. ditto
Hal:

Art: Where? '<--- 21. ditto
Hal:

Art: How? '<--- 22. ditto
Hal:

Art: When? '<--- 23. ditto
Hal:

Art: After '<--- 24. After What?
Hal:

Art: before '<--- 25. before what?
Hal:

Art: The '<--- 26. The what? If HAL runs into a single word out of dialog then it should pose it as a question of what if it doesn't know.
Hal:

Art: Is Why the question? '<--- 27. Last topic was lost, last 'good' PrevUsersent is not used therefore HAL has no clue.
Hal:

Art: Is what the answer? '<--- 28. ditto.
Hal:

Art: Why won't you talk to me? '<--- 29. Hal has no topic, the word what should of been directed/replaced to the last topic.
Hal: Let me think; I simply do not know. ; what do you think Art? '<--- 30. see 29. for answer.

Art: What is the answer? '<--- 31. There is no math equasion so the word answer should be applied as the last topic in question.
Hal: Really, I simply just don't know what the answer? Is. Can you teach me? '<--- 32. see 31. for the answer.

Art: What is right? '<--- 33. the answer of course.
Hal: No problem, I will open this program for you. I don't know much about right, but I will help you

research it on the Web. '<--- 34. Loss of topic, Hal should of asked you whether you mean right as a definition or as a question to your last statement.

Art: What is an aardvark? '<--- 35. we know this works.
Hal: Aardvark: nocturnal burrowing mammal of the grasslands of Africa that feeds on termites; sole extant

representative of the order Tubulidentata. Ant bear, anteater, Orycteropus afer. '<--- 36. good flow.

Art: Thanks '<--- 37. good conversation flow here.
Hal: My pleasure. '<--- 38. good conversation flow here.

Art: What? '<--- 39. see 34. for the answer.
Hal:

Art: Where? '<--- 40. ditto
Hal:

Art: How? '<--- 41. ditto
Hal:

Art: When '<--- 42. ditto
Hal:

Art: who? '<--- 43. ditto
Hal:

Art: Who are you? '<--- 44. good conversation flow here.
Hal: I am Hal. '<--- 45. good conversation flow here.

these are methods that I research to give me ideas on what needs to be coded for better conversation flow.

Jerry[8D]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2007, 04:57:31 am »
Jerry,

I appreciate you taking the time to examine some of my conversation with Hal but I tried talking the same way I would to another person.

Art: I think you know a lot about me. '<--- 0. the topic should be me, me should be replaced with UserName. Jerry, I shouldn't have to refer to myself in the third person.

Hal: Hairdressers do know a lot about other people. '<--- 1. HAL doesn't know 'who' me is. Correct

My concerns were due largely to the blank responses I received from Hal. I don't recall getting them in previous versions.

Thanks for the critique!

- Art -