dupa

Author Topic: voice training  (Read 5227 times)

rfhyatt

• View Profile
voice training
« on: October 14, 2011, 10:44:11 pm »
 :-[
just spent almost a $100 and can't get voice reconition to work, seems like a waste of money

sybershot

• View Profile
Re: voice training
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 10:57:19 pm »
 welcome to the forums  :) rfhyatt
you did not post what voice recognition software are you trying to get with. it is also hard to help someone out with a problem if they don't describe it in detail. please be  more precise and maybe someone might be able to help you out

BW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 01:25:22 pm »
I have Dragon Home Version 11 and all is working with Ultra Hal v 6.2.28,  Win 7 64-bit,  AMD Phenom 955-BE CPU + 8GB Ram

My install and setup steps are listed below, not sure that all of this is requiired but it is my SOP when I add a major multi-use App such as Dragon or HAL:

(a) Save my brains and other stuff to a safe locaction for reuse. 
(b) Deactivate ULTRA HAL and then fully uninstall ULTRA HAL.
(c) - Reboot
(d) Install Dragon, reboot, and then do all the initial Dragon user setup steps.
(e) Test Dragon with Windows, Email, Word.
(f) - Reboot
(g) Reinstall and activate HAL. Copy my brains and stuff back into the proper locations.
(h) Yep, time to - Reboot
(i) Go into HAL and setup all the sections under voice recognition.
(j) Tested HAL's voice recognition both by letting Dragon run in the background then by completely closing Dragon and letting the Hal interface handle things.

-BW-
-BW

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 03:33:44 pm »
yes i also have dragon speak naturally 10.5 version (i think) and it works ok with hal, i have in the past even posted conversation with it .After you install vr do all the steps as instructed and do your training (this is very important!!) later  in the  options in hal you have to select the "use speech recognition "you talk to hal"  and also select sr engine settings in the select engine and speaker select your dragon version or whatever voice recognition you have and below highlight the "who is the current speaker " which should have your name as the user fom the training files of the vr . then click ok
i am not using mine right now as i am testing uhp plug ins and other things . Hope this also helps you on the info. hang in their you'll get it working .  :)

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 10:06:14 am »
   I've just got my Plantronics Calisto Headset from Dragon, I removed the old user files and started fresh with with a new user.  I did the mic setup, and the reading.  Unbelievable 31 db signal to noise ratio.  I let it read some txt files I saved from the past and started the dictation.
I'll give a little more detail which may help someone,  I go into the control Panel, click Speech reconition, on the lefthand side at the bottom click  Audio devices, This gives me sound, I set the Plantronics as the default,  click the recording tab, set the Plantronics as the default again,  then click properties, which brings up the mic properties, I click the top tab levels to set the recording level.  Then I'm back to dragon to set up the mic ect. 
  I've been using dragon with Hal for ages and it works great for me.  I've found one of the things which helps me most is letting it read files you have saved after dictating them.  Ps, I'm still using Dragon v 10.1.
Carl2

BW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 04:00:48 pm »
Looks like this is turning into a “Dragon support” track.

One thing some folks don’t realize is that all Mics are not equal and Dragon does not "respond well" with some Mics. 
As of this posting date, Dragon has a Hardware Compatibility list online with hardware rated with one to 5 “Dragon heads.” @ http://support.nuance.com/compatibility/default.asp 

That said, IF your current Mic works just fine don’t fret the expense of a new one. In my experiences, voice recognition is like HAL’s Brain in that constant interaction, “training and selective tweaking” over-time with your profile, (or Hal-Brain), is the biggest key to desired success.

Another thing worth the mention for us that have too darn much hardware available, if you change to a Mic other than the one you have setup and trained a profile with, Dragon can get “confused.”  Again, all Mics are not equal!  Even the same Manufacturer and style Mic may have micro-variances that can affect your outcome.  I use a few mics with Dragon and Hal but to achieve consistent recognition I had to setup and train a separate profile for each Mic that I use.   IE: “USB_SterioHS, USB_ Monaural, Etc, Etc”

-BW

ClubEntertainment

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 07:47:21 pm »
Use the windows 7 vr engine. Just spend the time training it. Works great after.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 11:12:20 am »
ClubEntertainment, i'm glad you got it going , i was going to mention about making sure the user profile (if you create one)  and correct dragon speech is chosen in the hal menu to .  Their can be many problems with Dragon speak not recognizing you or your voice as good , some may be the mic set you have , some as in my case can be how i talk in general and slur words instead of prouncing them better , i am learning to do better with the way i talk . training makes a lot of difference . alway's let the dragon speak update and merge the files (training that you did that way it will do a better voice recognition to your own personal voice patterns! :) ;)