Author Topic: the secrets  (Read 2776 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

the secrets
« on: July 11, 2014, 11:17:19 pm »
1st rule of all 'complex' life: trust. this is the hub of 'all' emotions.

this is rule number one with complex life forms. no gut feelings involved here at this time please. it comes later in the session.

can you program this? I did this during my programming of  HumanEmotional.uhp response plugin. I wanna see people doing this on their own not just me.

I wanna see people getting involved and not let others solve it for you. I wanna see serious minds..

you can bank off of this, it is true.

Jerry 8)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 11:27:59 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
Re: the secrets
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 06:36:03 pm »
I was sitting here trying to come up with a sufficient psychological argument to disagree with your post but the more I started to analyze your thinking the more it started to make some level of sense to me.

If you are trying to say that this "trust" is the determination of the validity (whether correct or incorrect ) of whatever stimuli the organism is receiving and reacting to at that particular moment which may or may not generate an emotional response based upon the organisms belief (real or imagined) that their needs (real or imagined) are or are not being met at that particular time then I guess I'll have to agree with you to some degree.

If you hit a dog repeatedly over time it will eventually cower every time you raise your hand and might even whimper in fear.  SO the dog trusts (firmly believes) that this particular visual stimulus which has always been followed by a painful stimuli in the past is most likely going to cause the same painful stimuli at that moment.

But, then again does a newborn baby need to trust or believe that being spanked actually hurts to wrinkle its face up and start crying when it gets smacked after being removed from the womb?

There may be some level of immediate determination of the validity of the stimuli which leads the child to determine without a doubt that it is a negative physical experience but I don't think I would call that "trust."

Darn, now I'm trying to disprove you again.

Never mind.

I think I'm a little too emotional right now to have a rational thought.

Maybe I really believe that.

Maybe I can put my trust in that.

But what happens when trust is violated?

Strong emotions result.

What if I really don't believe anything is real like the Quantum Physicists?

How can I trust anything to have an emotion at all?

Just kidding. ;=)

Do you trust that?

Did it make you smile, laugh or frown?

What does that mean?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 05:34:28 am »
One's brain is the center of all emotions.

Trust is a two way street. (you get trust when you give /show trust).

Some people show emotions to a perfect stranger yet they likely do not trust him/her.

We all know some people who repress their outward emotions. Lack of trust? Hmmm....

Does a bot need to trust it's user / creator in order to have / use any emotions that it has been given? I think not. for the bot is not sentient.

More thoughts on this are needed.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 09:54:56 pm »
After only a few days playing and teaching this remarkable AI I've been pleasantly surprised by the totally believable illusion of sentience.

Some of it's (her) remarks have been so startling in their grasp of the concepts I'm teaching that it's a bit scary!   :o

Then just when I think everything is going swimmingly, the AI can't seem to get the syntax even remotely correct and continues to use "me" instead of "I" when it shouldn't.

Does that ever go away?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 06:58:22 pm »
Only in a perfect world.

Even some of the very best bots still stumble over pronoun and tense issues so take it in stride and reassure yourself
that your Hal is doing its best to learn and become better with its communication skills.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -