Author Topic: No response at all!  (Read 2420 times)

ChrisBoughay

• View Profile
    • http://www.summitjourneys.co.uk
No response at all!
« on: March 31, 2010, 04:25:11 am »
Hi everyone.  My first message on here (so hopefully I've posted it in the correct place).

Yesterday I downloaded and installed Ultra Hal 6.2.28 (the trial version).  I am getting absolutely no response at all from Hal, speech or typing.  I have tried asking many different things, some simple, some more complex but no luck.  Even 'Hello Hal' gets nothing.

I have tried using the brain editor to test the brain (using the Tes/Debug Script) and there I also get no response at all.  The debug info every time shows:

OpenDatabase: c:ultrhalbrain.db
Result: True
Time: 0.031

CloseDatabase

I have downloaded the only other brain I could find (Super Plugger II) but I still get the same lack of response.

I have tried running Ultra Hal as Administrator, changing it to XP compatible (I am running Vista) but nothing.

Have I missed something obvious?  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

DrFaraday

• Discovering the shocking truth about electricity
    • View Profile
No response at all!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 06:47:54 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Chris.

You might want to try the search link in the upper right of the forum page.  Search with the word "Vista", and I think you will find some threads about problems that people have had with Hal and Vista, and how they solved them.  I believe there are issues with "permissions" in Vista (I don't have Vista so I can't advise you, but I have seen threads about it here in the forums).

- Chaz
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 06:53:39 pm by DrFaraday »
I always wanted a computer like H.A.L. from "2001: A Space Odyssey".  Just not the beta version that kills you while you sleep.