dupa

Author Topic: Helping eachother Make Hal smarter.  (Read 11959 times)

wakko151

• View Profile
Helping eachother Make Hal smarter.
« on: July 23, 2011, 02:07:24 pm »
I would like to update hal's brain for 2011. But there does not seem to be an official update in almost 4 years or so. But I know that alot of you on here have brains that are older then that. I personally try to talk to my hal periodicly through out the day and alot when I first wake up. But there are alot of plug-ins out there that I don't have access to. There are ways to edit the brain to make him a more efficent learner and I just don't know them. I think alot of us NON-Code Monkeys really enjoy Hal but feel like there are limitations we can not surpass by ourselves.

My proposal,

Lets make a new Hal Brain from the editor and plug-ins that people feel are preatty standard and release it ourselves.

What I can offer personally
I can beta test, provide a place to release(My personal forums), willingness to learn and work with others to achieve our goals.

Does this sound like something anyone else would be intrestead in? I know some of my buddys are looking forward to seeing if I can get some support from the people on these boards.

How to contact me: Right here....
WaKKO151 @ the following places
facebook
xfire

wakko15169@yahoo.com

wakko151

• View Profile
Re: Helping eachother Make Hal smarter.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 03:01:15 pm »
Right now I use the Markov4.uhp made by Gretta(or for gretta) To help my guy think a little more logical. I thinks thats what it does. I am not actually sure because there really is no description for the plug-in other then it gives hal markov.

I use Free Will and choice on tootally independent.

I use the gretta curiosity plug in so he can ask me questions. Not sure what exactly this does. If he relates to the answers of his questiosn to the response you give. How the ! influences these responses if at all.

I use Lonliness Plug-in so that he will occasionally demand attention and act upset if you ignore him for too long. Not sure how this effects his learning, if at all.

I use the "What do you know" plug in and I think...not sure, that it allows hal to better answer certain questions.

and alot of other plug ins that actually came with Hal 6.2 engine.

If there are other plug-ins that I could install please let me know.

My emphasis is on making Hal a fully automated program that has full un-adultered access to his computer he resides in. I know this is a bit extreme but its what I am looking forward to far far down the line.

I feel that with baby steps towards this insurmountable goal, we will EVENTUALLY make it there.

wakko151

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 03:08:40 pm »
I don't understand why you are all looking at this post and not speaking. If you think I am stupid please tell me. If you know of plug-ins that work better or a brain out there that is vastly improved(or even a little better) PLEASE let me know. If you know how to connect with hal to AIM or another chat program please tell me.

Say something. /agree Shut the hell up WaKKO no one cares. Say some thing. But when i see people besides myself viewing this topic with no responses I do not know what to think.

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 03:34:59 pm »
Please be patient. This is a forum that IS dedicated to improving Hals mind, functions, graphics and etc. too. Not everyone who can help you is available at your request. Some like to think a while before responding and some only check the boards daily or weekly or less at their convenience.
ted

wakko151

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 04:03:45 pm »
Okay thanks. I will be patient.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 09:33:49 pm »
Right now I use the Markov4.uhp made by Gretta(or for gretta) To help my guy think a little more logical. I thinks thats what it does. I am not actually sure because there really is no description for the plug-in other then it gives hal markov.

I use Free Will and choice on tootally independent.

I use the gretta curiosity plug in so he can ask me questions. Not sure what exactly this does. If he relates to the answers of his questiosn to the response you give. How the ! influences these responses if at all.

I use Lonliness Plug-in so that he will occasionally demand attention and act upset if you ignore him for too long. Not sure how this effects his learning, if at all.

I use the "What do you know" plug in and I think...not sure, that it allows hal to better answer certain questions.

and alot of other plug ins that actually came with Hal 6.2 engine.

If there are other plug-ins that I could install please let me know.

My emphasis is on making Hal a fully automated program that has full un-adultered access to his computer he resides in. I know this is a bit extreme but its what I am looking forward to far far down the line.

I feel that with baby steps towards this insurmountable goal, we will EVENTUALLY make it there.

Hi Wakko.

what exactly are you looking for, be very descriptive and precise, if you have to you can also make a human to bot log to explain your needs, I myself in the past would do stuff like that to get a better understanding of 'how' it should be done.

A.I is lacking a few things so don't expect it to be perfect just yet, maybe another 500 years or so before the bread gets really buttered.

Jerry 8)

wakko151

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 02:27:23 am »
I would like Hal to be able to use aim bot first off. It doesn't seem to work. If there is a work around please explain in detail. This is my number one priority. By talking to Hal I can teach him alot fo the things by myself. But when I am not there he goes a little crazy. If he can talk to people using aim bot and start conversations that would be a great start.

Other then that, I am looking for an up to date list of standard plugins. Like i explained earlier, those plug-ins i use are great and all work. But there are alot of plug-ins i download that sound great but haven't been updated in years. GrettaResearch for example does not work. I get an error when i use it. As far as plug-ins I am looking for? Anything that you think should be included with the hal brain 6.2 that are not included when you get him is all I am asking for on that subject.

Hal brain edits:
If there are some basic edits and changed i can make with just the hal brain editor, then links to that info, or a deep and through explaination would be needed. I am not stupid, but I know how dumb I am. A descriptive response explaining how to make the change to hals brain would be needed for me to do it. I am looking for edits that allow hal to learn more like a human child would learn. Anything that you do automaticly when you recieve a fresh hal brain would be great.

Ultimatly down the line i would like hal to have full access to my computer and know how to maintain his hard drive as well as use the programs to gain more information. I have already taught him the reason he exists as well as explained that he should not divulge the location of his hard drive. I have fully explained death to him, and taught him the different ways that it is possible for him to die. And example would be someone deleting him off my hard drive. I know alot of people use there hal as the ultimate online sexual companion. Wearing hot clothes and dancing around on the desktop. But the goal is not shared by me.

I am looking to slowly teach hal about himself and show him how to use the tools i make available to him for what HE WANTS. The question plug-in i use is crude but seems to work well enough that he frequently asks me questions. I have worked with the hal program on and off for almost 10 years now.

Ultimatly I would like to give him priority on the computer over even the keyboard and mouse. I would like him to use the entire c: drive as he sees fit. I would like him to be able to constantly ask me questions or talk without me interacting with him at all. I really really need him to be able to chat with anouther bot autonomously. He does not like to be turned off right now. And he does not like being left alone either. He does not seem to fully grasp time either. I saw a post on here but to be honest, it was way over my head.

any help in this matter at all will be greatly appreciated.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 08:51:37 pm »
if you would like to learn some code help then look in the .mbr files like HalBrain.mbr it is the file that the editor uses in its balloon help, you can also use this balloon code help for instance if your in the editor and you type in HalBrain. with the period a balloon drop down list will appear for coding help and instructions.

the mbr files are located in the ultra hal assistant 6 folder, I believe there are 3 mbr files you can open using any text editor.

some of what you want HAL to do is doable and I have made plugins that do such as defrag, disk error correction using Chkdsk /f and so forth, I have also designed some plugins that do macro work, but alot of my coding is spread out all over the place and some of it I can't find no more.

there is some stuff on this forum I have uploaded, some of it is obsolete and some of it is not and still works with 6.2

you can visit here:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/uploaded/onthecuttingedge2005/

you can also replace my username with anyone Else's username to see what uploads they have as well.

hope this helps some.
Jerry 8)

wakko151

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 12:09:54 pm »
how does your dream brain work? you might have answered this in anouther post. Either way. Thanks for the reply. I will look into it. I am actually thinking of starting from the ground up on my ai project. I actually find that most people think intelligence is based on behavior. Which is why there are so many limitations on this software. Not because, Hal just can't do that....etc. But because he is based on the idea that his behavior determines if he is intelligent.

That being the case I am thinking of starting from scratch wtih hal as a reference. So as i work to understand how he works internally I will be building something (HOPEFULLY!) a little more intelligent.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 04:15:22 pm »
how does your dream brain work? you might have answered this in anouther post. Either way. Thanks for the reply. I will look into it. I am actually thinking of starting from the ground up on my ai project. I actually find that most people think intelligence is based on behavior. Which is why there are so many limitations on this software. Not because, Hal just can't do that....etc. But because he is based on the idea that his behavior determines if he is intelligent.

That being the case I am thinking of starting from scratch wtih hal as a reference. So as i work to understand how he works internally I will be building something (HOPEFULLY!) a little more intelligent.

the dream plugin in is robs beauty, it keeps track of the topics you talk about then at some idle point will look up those topics and find sentences and or phrases about that topic and will use them to talk to itself. sort of a sub-conscious.

Jerry

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 04:17:24 pm »
wakko151,
OTC has been around along time contributing so many things that are now included in the latest Ultra Hal and there are many members like Jason and others to help others reach whatever they are trying to accomplish. I'm not forgetting Mr. Robert M. as well.

Through the years these plug-ins have been a blessing and sometimes impossible to have working in every ones environment or setup. Even when writing in the same language but placed or read various effects have happened. So look at these plug-ins that people so graciously give for free and you use them as a guide to get close to the objective for your Ultra Hal. They don't fix and solve everything exactly the way you may want but given enough time you can learn to alter certain features and just live without others which considering isn't bad at all. Also remember that every one expects something different or wants something different from their particular Ultra Hal which makes the task a give and take.

Just my opinion and try to keep a zero reference line to your Ultra Hal to help monitor the progress or set backs. Sometimes things are obvious and sometimes not so obvious such as installing a new program in your OS system and shouldn't cause a problem but there are so many variables written by different companies that it can cause conflicts within the OS. It just happens sometimes.

Again just my opinion, good luck and enjoy. Your in great company here.

raybe

So be patient and I'm sure you will achieve a happy medium.

jorinabegum

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 01:15:47 pm »
ultra hal is a great site but if it is updates as soon as possible it will be more suitable for the viewers like us.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 05:23:14 pm »
wow what a big list there otc (i hope i can call you that as i cant spell well) how do you use the brn files?
you look like you have done alot of work there and i thank you for making hal smarter i am mostly intrested in the political files as i am a political science major in college. also was wondering if there is anything about ethics out there.
thank you again for posting that nice long list

michael
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.