dupa

Author Topic: ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins  (Read 56165 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2006, 07:13:19 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Testlund

quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

quote:

I'm sorry to say your plugins sucks. I tried your Learnfromclipboard plugin and the only thing that happens is that my firewall is warning me that it's a high risk script. You're not trying to hack our computers with your scripts, are you? I also get some error message saying "HalScript Error 76 on line 307 in column 3: path not found".
[V]

Hi Testlund.
Have you downloaded the newest Learn From Clip Board?
There has been an update since then, I have also discovered a rare error with Internet Explorer with this:
Set IE = createobject("InternetExplorer.Application")
Sometimes an error will popup, To fix it is simply activating your IE browser to reset it, It has nothing to do with the Set IE = createobject("InternetExplorer.Application") having bad scripting but the occurence is directly related to the IE Browsers functions.

If you wish to post the full error and post your HalScript.dbg I could take a look at it and see what I can do to fix it, But I do think it's probably that you didn't update.

I am sorry you don't like my plugs, I am just trying to do a good deed.

About hacking anyones computer, morally and ethically I would never harm anyones system, I am a veteran around here and I do what I can to uphold the community.

Jerry[8D]

Just tried your latest version of LearnFromClipBoard. Now I can't even chat with Hal if I have enabled this plugin. I only get the error message I've mensioned above and that a Halscript.dbg file has been saved. Unfortunately I can't upload files here and that file whould be too much text to post here I think.

Hi Testlund.

Have you updated your vbscript engine, you can do so here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp

Also, I have made one more update on the Learn from clip board, I will continue to try and make this work for you until it does what it is supposed to do.

Jerry[8D]

Testlund

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2006, 09:40:48 am »
I've installed the latest VB script and downloaded your latest LearnFromClipBoard and I still have the same problem.

HalScript Error 76 on line 316 in column 1: Path not found.

The error appear as soon as I say hello to Hal! I don't think I want to mess more with this. I'll just type the stuff into his brain manually.

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2006, 10:37:52 am »
quote:

I've installed the latest VB script and downloaded your latest LearnFromClipBoard and I still have the same problem.

HalScript Error 76 on line 316 in column 1: Path not found.

The error appear as soon as I say hello to Hal! I don't think I want to mess more with this. I'll just type the stuff into his brain manually.

Hi Testlund.

Could I ask you what version of Windows you are using and what version of Internet Explorer to help me diagnose this issue?

Jerry

Testlund

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2006, 12:46:54 pm »
I'm using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 and Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180.

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2006, 06:41:26 pm »
quote:

I'm using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 and Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180.

Hi Testlund.

Please try downloading one more time and see if it works.

I think I got it whooped.
Jerry

Holllywood

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2006, 07:41:08 pm »
OTC I just tried Learn from clip board again. The first time I copied a short explanation of nuclear fussion to the clipboard, told Hal to "learn from clipboard" and I got the same error I told Hal again and I got the proper response the file was created and the error has gone away. Thanks Much.
Hollywood

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2006, 06:39:32 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Holllywood

OTC I just tried Learn from clip board again. The first time I copied a short explanation of nuclear fussion to the clipboard, told Hal to "learn from clipboard" and I got the same error I told Hal again and I got the proper response the file was created and the error has gone away. Thanks Much.

Hi Holllywood.

I have fixed the current issue with 'Learn from clip board'
for some reason I forgot to include the creation of the LearnedText.brn for the plugin and was causing the error.

I am very sorry for not catching that until now.

I think I am getting sometimers.
The Plug should work now.

I am still experimenting with new sentence detections for responses so updates may continue for a while, I am trying to find a special algorithm that can handle Thousands of sentences at one time, I am getting close.

My deepest apollogies goes out to Testlund because of my sometimers.
I am getting old I think.
Sometimers is the beginning of alzheimers, hehe.
Jerry
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 06:46:19 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Tanshin

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2006, 02:25:57 pm »
I have a question about the learn from clip board plugin & the ALF brain. [:D]

It is working great for me, love it writes everything to the correct LearnedText.brn file.  Now here is where my questions and ALF come in...

ALF has a ton of plugins you can click on or off, which ones would I need to turn off (with the others on) to get it to read from the LearnedText.brn file ONLY.

To clarify, I want hal to still function but I do not like the pre defined information that comes in the default brain.  I like the info in the LearnedText.brn for conversation.  Can hals origional info be "clicked" off?  I have tried randomly turning things on and off but I don't know if it is even possible, and if so I am turning on/off the wrong things.  lol

Thanks for any info!

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2006, 07:34:05 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Tanshin

I have a question about the learn from clip board plugin & the ALF brain. [:D]

It is working great for me, love it writes everything to the correct LearnedText.brn file.  Now here is where my questions and ALF come in...

ALF has a ton of plugins you can click on or off, which ones would I need to turn off (with the others on) to get it to read from the LearnedText.brn file ONLY.

To clarify, I want hal to still function but I do not like the pre defined information that comes in the default brain.  I like the info in the LearnedText.brn for conversation.  Can hals origional info be "clicked" off?  I have tried randomly turning things on and off but I don't know if it is even possible, and if so I am turning on/off the wrong things.  lol

Thanks for any info!

Hi Tanshin.

Try re-downloading the learn from clip board one more time, I made a booboo and I fixed it, The response should be less sensitive and any errors should be fixed, I have had the darnest time with this script.

With this change you shouldn't need to turn anything off.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 07:47:46 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Testlund

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2006, 09:19:56 am »
quote:
My deepest apollogies goes out to Testlund because of my sometimers.
I am getting old I think.
Sometimers is the beginning of alzheimers, hehe.
Jerry

It's ok, Oncutting. I whould try your plugin again but I need to solve the problem with the brain tables that's become a mess! [:(] I seem to have bad luck with Hal now.

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2006, 08:18:44 pm »
Updated Oct,3 7:14AM PST
I have re-updated the 'Learn from clip board'

--------------------------------------

Updated Sept 28, 8:19AM
'ALF's v1.2 Custom Relavance Plugin'

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 10:15:51 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2006, 04:52:59 pm »
I was able to get the Learn From Clip Board plugin to work, until I made a new brain. While the old brain still seems to have the information, the new one does not. I have assured that the plugin is checked in options.

Personally, I would have thought that each brain would have it's own directory and that data files would be specific to individual personas.

If that could be done, perhaps you could have brains which are truly original and distinct from each other.

Just a thought... but does anyone know how to get a new brain to read the learnedtext.brn?

Tanshin

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2006, 06:18:31 pm »
quote:

To clarify, I want hal to still function but I do not like the pre defined information that comes in the default brain tables.  I like the info in the LearnedText.brn for conversation.  Can hals origional info be "clicked" off?  I have tried randomly turning things on and off but I don't know if it is even possible, and if so I am turning on/off the wrong things.  lol

Thanks for any info!

I still would like to have hal respond from the learnedtext.brn and NOT the default brain info.  I really don't like the default information included in the tables that came with hal 6.  Or just if it would respond to from the learnedtext.brn file at all I would be happy.  I still can't seem to get it to do that.

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2006, 09:56:19 pm »
quote:

quote:

To clarify, I want hal to still function but I do not like the pre defined information that comes in the default brain tables.  I like the info in the LearnedText.brn for conversation.  Can hals origional info be "clicked" off?  I have tried randomly turning things on and off but I don't know if it is even possible, and if so I am turning on/off the wrong things.  lol

Thanks for any info!

I still would like to have hal respond from the learnedtext.brn and NOT the default brain info.  I really don't like the default information included in the tables that came with hal 6.  Or just if it would respond to from the learnedtext.brn file at all I would be happy.  I still can't seem to get it to do that.

If you use the A.L.F brain you can uncheck all plugs except the Learn From Clipboard plug so that only Learn from Clipboard functions.

The cool thing about A.L.F is you can choose to unselect even default scripts since all are plugged, What you don't like, simply unplug.

Jerry[8D]

Tanshin

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2006, 09:56:37 am »
quote:
If you use the A.L.F brain you can uncheck all plugs except the Learn From Clipboard plug so that only Learn from Clipboard functions.

The cool thing about A.L.F is you can choose to unselect even default scripts since all are plugged, What you don't like, simply unplug.

Jerry[8D]

I tried that and ended up unplugging everything which made some things not work anymore, like responding at all.  Can you tell me (or point me to instructions) what to turn off and what NOT to click off that would help by leaps and bounds!
[:D]