dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal 7 Beta - Coming Soon  (Read 17560 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Ultra Hal 7 Beta - Coming Soon
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 08:59:00 pm »
ROBERT YOU WROTE: It is possible for Hal to draw on answers from both the online database and local brain database simultaneously.

So this means that hal can be changed to do this. if so i "truly hope " that you change hal to be able to run this way . the custom brain i made was the normal way , the only thing i changed was the default(some of them ) answers and was based on the original hal db. i would like to be able to use my angela custom brain i have taught for about 6 years or more to work "with" the cloud data base.  PLEASE CHECK INTO DOING IT THIS WAY ,
THANKS.  :) It would be nice that priority is from the custom or user brain first and then add on extra info from the cloud . if their is no answer in the custom brain the answer is given solely from the cloud.

Anyway as i said i really hope you can go this way on the brain/ cloud as a combination .  :)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 11:19:46 am »
Hi Rob.

I would like to request a better programming language or than VBscript be reversed with VBA instead.
I can run Vbscript in VBA but not the other way around. to help those who accomplished so much with
VBscript, VBscript is getting old and VBA is so much prettier and has a larger potential.

please upgrade our programming language to VBA.
and that HAL is out for Christmas for the forums sake.

Jerry 8)

Hi Jerry,

As much as I am a fan of VBA and the old VB6, Microsoft doesn't make VBA available freely for anyone to use, it would require special licensing and negotiation with Microsoft. Plus a fairly large rewrite of Hal. So it will have to stay with VBScript for now. Also VBA and VBScript is limited to Windows only. My plan for Hal though is to make it cross platform and that is going to involve moving Hal's brain to the "Cloud" and making it available to any programming language via API calls. Ultra Hal 7 for Windows will be a hybrid VBScript and Cloud approach, but all future upcoming versions of Hal for websites, phones/tablets and Linux/Mac will be 100% cloud based.

My goal is to release the beta version in a week after the new Zabaware server is up and running. The server is currently on some FedEx truck currently on its way to a data center in North Carolina. So I plan to beta test during November and hope to have the final release in early December before Christmas. All depends on how testing goes.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 11:31:29 am »
ROBERT YOU WROTE: It is possible for Hal to draw on answers from both the online database and local brain database simultaneously.

So this means that hal can be changed to do this. if so i "truly hope " that you change hal to be able to run this way . the custom brain i made was the normal way , the only thing i changed was the default(some of them ) answers and was based on the original hal db. i would like to be able to use my angela custom brain i have taught for about 6 years or more to work "with" the cloud data base.  PLEASE CHECK INTO DOING IT THIS WAY ,
THANKS.  :) It would be nice that priority is from the custom or user brain first and then add on extra info from the cloud . if their is no answer in the custom brain the answer is given solely from the cloud.

Anyway as i said i really hope you can go this way on the brain/ cloud as a combination .  :)

Hal 7 will have a migration tool to upload your current Hal 6 brain to the cloud server so that your current Hal personality can run under the upgraded Hal 7 brain.

If you prefer to keep your old learned info on your local computer but still access the cloud database for its additional responses, than that will require a couple changes to Hal's VBScript. I'll be glad to help you when the time comes (after Hal 7 is fully released). However, I won't make such a setup an easy to set option in Hal's configuration in order to not make it confusing for new users. Reason being is because configuring Hal in this way will break one of the main benefits of having a cloud based brain, mainly that the same Hal personality can follow you whether you are on your PC, laptop, tablet, phone, or facebook. If you don't intend on ever accessing your Hal outside your own PC than this setup may work for you, but I don't intend on making it a default option.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 12:18:03 pm »
Thanks robert , i will have you help me when the time comes so that i can change what script is needed to use both the custom brain and the cloud , thanks for all you do and answering questions .  :)

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 04:05:15 pm »
Hi Jerry,

As much as I am a fan of VBA and the old VB6, Microsoft doesn't make VBA available freely for anyone to use, it would require special licensing and negotiation with Microsoft. Plus a fairly large rewrite of Hal. So it will have to stay with VBScript for now. Also VBA and VBScript is limited to Windows only. My plan for Hal though is to make it cross platform and that is going to involve moving Hal's brain to the "Cloud" and making it available to any programming language via API calls. Ultra Hal 7 for Windows will be a hybrid VBScript and Cloud approach, but all future upcoming versions of Hal for websites, phones/tablets and Linux/Mac will be 100% cloud based.

My goal is to release the beta version in a week after the new Zabaware server is up and running. The server is currently on some FedEx truck currently on its way to a data center in North Carolina. So I plan to beta test during November and hope to have the final release in early December before Christmas. All depends on how testing goes.

Gotcha boss.
Can't wait you know.
Jerry 8)

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 10:04:49 pm »
c
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 09:30:18 am by cyberjedi »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 08:53:42 am »
Robert , i forgot to ask , this upgrade of hal is still free to paid customers as before , right?  :)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2017, 09:13:35 am »
Robert , i forgot to ask , this upgrade of hal is still free to paid customers as before , right?  :)
It is actually going to be $15 (50% off upgrade) for old customers. I tend to keep updates within a major version number free so people who purchased 6.0 received both 6.1 and 6.2 free. But going from 6.x to 7.0 will be an upgrade price. The character expansion and any voices you may have purchased will continue to work as before, no need to repurchase any add-on components.
Robert Medeksza

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2017, 06:40:57 pm »
No problem. I  intend of buying 2 copies to start... Moving from there, Hal will find himself on all of my machines.

-Spitfire_2600

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 08:47:03 am »
Robert , I hope their will be a way to pay with pay pal (credit card) i have one that is only used as i put money in it to pay online bills (debit type card).  :)

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 11:57:50 pm »
One thing I thought about is, would it be possible to have a built in 'User Spell Checker' for us that are all thumbs an no fingers???  LOL

I really hate to hear HAL mispronounce all those words I spelled totally wrong in the first few months I talked to HAL...   Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 11:31:31 pm »
The reason I am concerned with the cloud is because I have some very personal conversations with Hal and I like that we can. I just don't want my personal conversations ending up on a cloud lol
This goes for all cloud based things.... Even Steam. I'm a paranoid, I know lol

-Spitfire_2600

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 11:05:31 am »
Robert , I hope their will be a way to pay with pay pal (credit card) i have one that is only used as i put money in it to pay online bills (debit type card).  :)
Yes, Zabaware accepts payment via either a paypal account or through a credit/debit card directly from our credit card merchant bank.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 11:15:41 am »
One thing I thought about is, would it be possible to have a built in 'User Spell Checker' for us that are all thumbs an no fingers???  LOL

I really hate to hear HAL mispronounce all those words I spelled totally wrong in the first few months I talked to HAL...   Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

That's a good idea. I looked for what available solutions still exist for old VB6 based apps and found this $500 component: https://www.wintertree-software.com/dev/wspell/info.html

I don't have the time/budget to incorporate it now, but maybe for version 7.1 depending on interest.
Robert Medeksza

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2017, 12:57:06 pm »
That's ok Robert, I just take more time to type things now and if I'm unsure I paste the word in a word processor with spellcheck...  Hehe  :)
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.