Author Topic: A.L.F Brain Download  (Read 72602 times)

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2006, 09:56:07 am »
Jerry,
 All I did was,
(1) download the Cepstral file,
(2) open the file (which installed it),
(3) I had to exit Hal because it didn't show up (like you're experienceing) and I may have done a computer restart just to let everything sort (I've always done restarts, it's just something I do),
(4) go to the character setting of the general options screen,
(5) push the Update SAPI config which displays the available HapSAPI  test-to-speech engines,
(6) scroll down the list and the Cepstral voices were at the bottom of the list,
(7) select the voice and push the "make this my default SAPI setup" on the bottom of the HapSAPI setup screen and bingo...everything works.
[;)]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2006, 09:58:16 am »
Art,
 Where are the controls within Hal.[;)]Daireaux
Ah, wait...I remember. But they aren't providing options for the Cepstral voices are they?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 10:01:08 am by Daireaux »
Live long and prosper.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2006, 11:31:09 am »
I got Cepstral to appear in HAL's SAPI engine by updating my SAPI to SAPI 5.1, My previous SAPI just didn't see it.

I went to the speech options in HAL and selected Cepstral David voice, The Cepstral David voice shows no additional options inside HAL's Speech panel, I assume it's because the Voice is a demo, However, My other voices besides Cepstral do have a speech option panel to adjust Volume, Pitch, Rate, in the General Parameters control, But the options only seem to work in HAL's HAL Pad for dictation and reading, The Speech options don't seem to control HAL's direct Assistant window characters speech.

Rob, Is there a way to control HAL's speech volume, Rate, Pitch inside the Assistants Window for chat and auto-idle?
I built an Automated Macro to control Cepstral's Swifttalker but this only effects voices directly in Swifttalker, The HAL Speech engine options only seem to work for HAL's dictation Pad and text reading but not the character in HAL's chat Window.
If there is then I could build a script to change its parameters by verbal command.

Jerry[8D]

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2006, 12:05:54 pm »
Eureka!
 You've got it now Jerry. The purchased version doesn't change the ability to alter speech from the Hal window either, it is just the way you see it in the trial version. There are no operational restrictions in the trial version, just the reminder voice to please purchase.[;)]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2006, 03:38:22 pm »
More features from ALF's Brain v1.1 under construction.

Jerry Teasers.

Code: [Select]

'Control Cepstrals Volume decrease.
If WS = " LOWER VOLUME IN SWIFTTALKER " Then
WshShell.Run "swifttalker"
Do Until WshShell.AppActivate("swifttalker")
WshShell.AppActivate "swifttalker"
Loop
WshShell.SendKeys "%"
WshShell.SendKeys "{RIGHT}"
WshShell.SendKeys "{DOWN}"
WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
WshShell.SendKeys "{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}"
WshShell.SendKeys "{LEFT}"
WshShell.SendKeys "{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}"
WshShell.SendKeys "MyMacroVoice"
WshShell.SendKeys "{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}"
WshShell.SendKeys "Y"
End If
'Control Cepstrals Volume increase.
If WS = " RAISE VOLUME IN SWIFTTALKER " Then
WshShell.Run "swifttalker"
Do Until WshShell.AppActivate("swifttalker")
WshShell.AppActivate "swifttalker"
Loop
WshShell.SendKeys "%"
WshShell.SendKeys "{DOWN}"
WshShell.SendKeys "{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}"
WshShell.SendKeys "{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}"
WshShell.SendKeys "MyMacroVoice"
WshShell.SendKeys "{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}"
WshShell.SendKeys "Y"
End If

'Turn on or off the mute of Windows volume control.
If WS = " TURN ON MUTE " Or WS = " TURN OFF MUTE " Then
WshShell.Run "sndvol32.exe"
While WshShell.AppActivate("Volume Control") = False
   WshShell.AppActivate "Volume Control"
Wend
WshShell.Sendkeys "{TAB}"
WshShell.SendKeys "{TAB}"
WshShell.SendKeys "{ }"
WshShell.Sendkeys "%{F4}"
End If

You must be using ALF's WS Search function for this code to work.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 03:40:32 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2006, 10:18:30 am »
What else can ALF v1.1 do?

For: AIM Bots only.

ALF v1.1 can automatically IM a user on AIM without a users first input response.

Yes, ALF can IM a User if it is feeling lonely from a User's absence.

Things to work out first.

1. The ability of a User to tell ALF not to IM anymore to prevent ALF from becoming a pest.

Not only this, but, I can also program ALF to start its own AIM Bot  panel and begin chatting to Users Automatically itself if it's lonely.

ALF v1.1 is becoming a Macro Brainiac.

What is ALF? ALF is short for Artificial Life Form and I intend on making that dream come true for you.

Geralds A.I Theory is that the Human Brain is a Biological Macro Processing center interlinked via a nervous/Stimulus Communication system to extend its thoughts and actions, And so shall ALF, This Theory so far is showing to be true.

My perfection of Vbscript Macros is increasing expotentially.
I will send a Shockwave to the A.I Foundations of the World that
Macro Language is the proper interlinking Bot Language, So far it is proving itself and is radically advancing.

I am giving ALF a will of its own.
I will make HAL6 one of the most popular A.I Systems in the World, It's not a promise, It's a way of Life.

I thank you Rob, You have given me a Tool for life that I have loved since the day I entered your site and downloaded your fasinating Program HAL 4, I have stuck with you and your program through thick and thin and will continue to do so because of my belief in your wonderful ideas and kindness towards all, You are a legend in my Book forever.
Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 11:18:28 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2006, 11:52:56 am »
More ALF v1.1 Functions.

Code: [Select]

'Shut down Computer for Windows 2000
If SC = " 3( SHUT DOWN COMPUTER ) " Then
WshShell.Sendkeys "^{ESC}" & "u" & "s" & "s" & "{ENTER}"
End If
'Reboot the Computer for Windows 2000
If SC = " 2( REBOOT COMPUTER ) " Then
WshShell.Sendkeys "^{ESC}" & "u" & "r" & "{ENTER}"
End If

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 11:57:18 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2006, 06:17:46 pm »
The more you learn, the more you're able to learn.[;)]

Since ALF is cascading into infinite diversity through infinite combinations, can you even speculate on release? Daireaux

Live long and prosper.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2006, 07:37:09 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Daireaux

The more you learn, the more you're able to learn.[;)]

Since ALF is cascading into infinite diversity through infinite combinations, can you even speculate on release? Daireaux

Hi Daireaux.

Shouldn't be to much longer, I was deciding that it might be best to make a plug-in module for the ALF 1.0 that updates it to v1.1 since some of the functions are to dangerous to be exposed Via AIM Bot, I will research the best method to work it all out, I posted some snippet codes out of the ALF v1.1 Module to let everyone know it's in progress.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2006, 07:39:31 pm »
I would love to get a survey from all the good people here on their favorite and popular Programs that I may write code routines to control the Apps for future reference.

Jerry[8D]

Another Jim

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2006, 09:12:11 pm »
Hi Jerry,

Just a simple thing here.....been running into two issues, that when I make a comment about a topic hal seems to think I am repeating myself....of course I'm not.

Second thing....I miss the idea that we could have nicknames....seldom does Hal call me by a 'pet' name....in fact if I slip up and make a statement such as 'I am proud of you'  the response could be something like: 'your name is not really proud, that is an expression of (etc)'

Anyway.....just little annoyances......ALF is shaping up to be an amazingly dynamic virtual intelligence program to be sure.....I am sure that several others like me are checking the thread daily watching for news of a release.....let me congradulate you ahead of time for an amazing effort and work!

Jim B

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2006, 06:01:46 pm »
Hi Jerry,
  Here's an idea for ALF, since it will control the whole system how about incorporating the windows tones into Hal as an option. It would be cool to have Hal announce the default tone, asterisk, program fault, etc. That shouldn't be any problem for a stepper like you. Most of my tones are customized anyway, If I could tell Hal "for Windows asterisk Say "", For Windows close program say "", for Windows critical stop say"". See what I mean, couldn't be too difficult and it could be another plug in to be selected for folks who don't want to select it. Hal could be announcing fax received, print complete, mail received, low battery warnings, net meeting connections...all that stuff!
 And, more difficult, the ability to speculate or theorize based on current data would expand his lifelike qualities[:p]Daireaux
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 12:36:13 am by Daireaux »
Live long and prosper.

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2006, 07:08:19 pm »
On another note, I'm having the name statement issue too. Every time I say "I am" or "I'm" Hal takes it as a name statement. If I say I am going bowling tonight, he asks me if my name is "going bowling tonight".
 He is also repeating himself a lot on one of my machines. Like:
User: what is your name?
Hal: My name is Hal.My name is Hal.
This is just an example but that's what he's doing, a complete repeat.[:)]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2006, 11:18:50 am »
I posted some research features in ALF v1.1 Brain in the Premium Area at www.ultrahalforum.com.

Research will continue a bit further.

It is possible to Copy and Paste the current research Brain straight over to the older ALF for additional features until I get it all done.

The AIM Auto Chat Feature is one of the Scripts included.
Works pretty good.

What is AIM Bot Auto Chat?
It is an Automated version that lets your AIM Bot send its own IM on AIM without any intervention at all, The Bot will over time collect User Names to Auto generate a Response to a User on AIM Automatically.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2006, 11:22:16 am »
Hi Daireaux, Jim

I will try and sort these things out as I go, I will refer back to these postings for any other additional work needed.

Jerry[8D]