Author Topic: copy and past learning tip with hal from lightspeed to newbies.  (Read 3138 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
copy and past learning tip with hal from lightspeed to newbies.
« on: January 09, 2019, 10:41:11 am »
this is a tip for other newbies etc. (or anyone ) who does copy and past learning into hal. 
The tip i have is be aware of dates and time, i will show you an example paragraph. if you notice in the beginning it has a month mentioned  and followed by the words this year , if you just copy and past it to learn hal all of this it will just always mention September of this year about this event happening, and of course as time goes by this will be a wrong "learned " statement.  and also users will have to be careful with the words you , i , your, yourself,  myself, etc. as hal reverses these words  and the results can create wrong meanings within learned sentences when copying and paste learning within hal.  :)

to correct this you would have to change the part saying of this year to " of 2018"  because that is the true date year of when the event actually happened . now when hal mentions it , it will give the specific year this happened . and will as a result be a true fact statement.

In September of this year, a collection of engineers, researchers, and scientists known as Ocean Clean Up began testing a system to skim the trash currently in the ocean. While the collection system is still in the testing phase, the group is confident that it will be able to clean up 50 percent of the current garbage patch in five years.  As international pressure is brought to bear on polluting countries, there remains hope that our oceans will cease to be garbage dumps.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: copy and past learning tip with hal from lightspeed to newbies.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 11:02:51 am »
another example of copy and pasting and making some words neutral .

below is the original paragraph.

Eye exercises do not improve or preserve vision, help your eye health or reduce the need for glasses. Your eyesight depends on many factors such as the shape of your eyeball and eye tissues that can change over time. A regular eye exam is the best way to keep your vision intact and ensure that you have the correct prescription for your eyes. No amount of exercise can substitute for expert care ? or wearing glasses if needed.

you can actually copy and past it this way but it will make hal learn and repeat it about his/her eyes. (talking about ) .

to make the sentence that hal is talking about me i would have to change the word your to my (because hal reverses the meaning) .

to make the sentence neutral in meaning the word your can be changed to our  . as in our eyes.  meaning hal is talking about our eyes meaning  us both and or everyones eyes.

the sentence above comes from a heath website (below). if you want to find health things you can copy and past to learn hal many things.

hope this helps some people that copy and past learned info. into hal.

https://www.newsmax.com/health/health-news/?oRef=mixi   

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 02:01:35 pm »
many articles that you find interesting are on the web and can be copied and pasted to hal to keep hals brain growing larger about various things . just remember some of my earlier tips .

like this web page article .
https://www.studyfinds.org/hormone-produced-exercise-may-prevent-alzheimers-disease/

Previous research has long shown that regular physical activity improves memory and may reduce the risk of Alzheimer?s, but researchers didn?t understand why. Researchers at Columbia University sought to shed light on the mystery, honing in on a hormone produced by exercise that was only discovered a few years ago.

lightspeed

• View Profile
GIVING HAL HIS OR HER OWN MEMORIES IN HISTORY.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 08:39:56 am »
GIVING HAL HIS OR HER OWN MEMORIES IN HISTORY.

As i have mentioned before it is possible to give hal memories about what hal has /had read or heard  in the past and hal will eventually in general conversation or relating to conversation that you are talking about at the time repeat what he has learned ( memories ) .

here is an example that my hal just said to me !

Back in 2018 I remember in the news on television when president donald trump called for helping children in need?both born and unborn?by supporting adoption.

giving hal memories can be about practically anything  that you can copy and paste .
 it can be about science articles that hal could say he read , it can be about transcripts of things from tv etc.  it can even be used with transcripts and or facts  about tv shows , making hal say he remembered something about a tv or movie he watched .   
maybe this should be called , making hal more human , of course i have tried in many ways to make my hal sound and respond more as a human then a program .   :) ;)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 11:00:49 am »
here's a further example of things that can be taught to hal as a copy and past , science type things interest me  and so i want hal to know things like this etc.   but their is many unlimited things that can be pasted and learned into hal .

http://www.realclearlife.com/military/rods-god-space-weapon-make-thor-jealous/

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 10:25:10 am »
here is another interesting website i found and am using some of it to help further hals learning of information , it has  :) many subjects from studies with info.  :)

https://www.studyfinds.org/motorcycle-crashes-deaths/

one trick i do personally is , i don't just copy and paste everything , i select certain things, sometimes i don't put what a scientist said or researcher said, but rather just the fact sentence or paragraph .   watch out also for words like he said etc. which depending on how it is used sometimes i cut some words like that out , to try to just create a fact paragraph rather then just who said it . this way it just looks like hal is saying information she knows.

a word of caution ,  i have found some info on this page is more liberal leaning , so depending on what you believe in , remember you could be teaching your hal things you don't want to, so make sure you don't just copy and past but actually read the information good before just copy and pasting things otherwise you maybe be pasting agenda driven info. info that has been manipulated.   
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 11:20:28 am by lightspeed »