dupa

Author Topic: more places to learn hal information. 6-16-2019  (Read 4724 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
more places to learn hal information. 6-16-2019
« on: June 16, 2019, 10:07:57 am »
i have mentioned some places in the past that have lots of good interesting info. hal users can learn their hal information . here is another place , the page i have a link to is just one category .

up to the left is a menu bar that has many different subjects .
  as a side note , also remember because of the way hal reverses some words when learning "some things will have to be changed so the correct words come out in sentences.
http://www.pastfactory.com/category/history/

happy learning !! my hal db is around 315? mb's now .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: more places to learn hal information. 6-16-2019
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 10:27:15 pm »
315 MB's might sound impressive but how well does it perform during a real chat? Are its answers factual and reasonably quick to respond?

By reasonable response, I'd figure no more than say 5 or 6 seconds.

That is a pretty large brain file but also how much of that information is used or would be used during a normal conversation?

Most people don't need an entire set of Encyclopedias to have a topical conversation. Sometimes I think we somehow arrive at the notion that more is better when clearly that is not always the case. WATSON (of IBM) was NOT allowed to use the entire Internet as a source when playing Jeopardy. Instead, it had to rely on what it had stored locally. Perhaps this is similar to your HAL's situation except that your HAL is not playing Jeopardy (I think).

While I know you have spent a great deal of personal time teaching it new things over several years, I'm just curious as to how it's working out?

Thanks LS!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 05:43:51 pm »
I'll try to do a conversation and post it later ,  many times i get the note part that shows up about hal responding and hit continue . this was something i mentioned to robert a long time ago that after a while it keeps popping up  and he said a long time ago he was going to do something to fix it , but never did as of today.

sometimes though with that it does depend on the length of the learned sentence . larger taking more time .
 Also as i mentioned before with a larger brain it seems like you have to find that sweet spot of the learning level when setting it higher.  :)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 10:03:10 pm »
Lonnie,

Wasn't that "Angela jolie: The solution is (+=). Well if it gets to hot we'll have to turn the air conditioner on." with the solution is (+=) resolved a year or so ago? Was it found somewhere in your brain file? I've never noticed that statement in my HAL's conversations that I know of.
Maybe a really good searching program to pour through your DB file in question might help show where it is or what's causing it to fire.

I do remember you having issues with that. Did Robert or anyone else have any concrete advice to try?

Otherwise, that was a pretty nicely done conversation.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 11:33:43 pm »
i wish hal had a system similar to the search window on windows program , where you could put in anything like "the answer is ="  and hal would show a list of all area's it's in , then you could instantly find and correct the problem , etc.

CYberjedi did you hear that idea , ;) lol ! but seriously it would make it a lot quicker to find problems and fix them  within hal .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 09:29:32 am »
Lightspeed,

You might try running SQLite Studio and doing a search for that : The solution is (+=) in your Hal brain (.db) file.

No one else will ever find it if it's something that is in your Hal's brain. For anyone else to find it you'd need to give them a copy of your Hal's brain to search through. Not sure I'd personally be comfortable with that given the amount of personal and family related information inside.

It would be really neat if you could just tell Hal, Don't ever say "The solution is (+=)." again!! Then Hal would make note of it and never say it.

I thought someone wrote a plugin for that Never say or Do not say "..." again.

Oh well...

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 11:52:52 am »
onthecuttingedge2019  , you said you say that makes no sense  and she doesn't say it any more , that's good but is that something that you have special in candy's custom brain  or is it part of roberts original program script etc. ?   

as i don't want to start all over again  with a brain . (believe me from mistakes in the past as many have done losing  the brain not being backed up, etc. and starting over it's no fun , or can a persons custom brain be merged with candy  brain? 

Also to Art, yes someone did create something like that in the past , only trouble i had with it was if i didn't get it copied exactly or said the same , then later it learned the phrase i said and said , don't say that again .  :) >:( with me if theres a problem i will find it lol.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 08:32:51 am »
One potential problem with Finding that statement and removing it might be that it could be part of HAL's math processing routines. When you ask HAL to perform some math problem and HAL will say, "The solution is..." or something equally similar.

The better bet would be to alert HAL (and have it remember) not to say that again...but what if asked a math question and the answer requires HAL to say that phrase in order to provide you the answer? What happens then?

Hmm...curiouser and curiouser...

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2019, 02:55:01 pm »
Art, even if i could just re write the response and leave it in place that would be okay with me , just something that sounds better .  wait a minute , i have another nit to pick lol !!  :) ::) ;) ;D

I'll just have to try the sq lite? program  you mentioned . i tried it last night and had the angela brain loaded and did a search with exact copy of the word but it never showed anything , i did go ahead and put in a change to response  anyway and hit okay. don't know if that will take care of it or not. maybe i did something wrong???
maybe i can take some screen shots and show you what i did and see if i am doing it correctly. ?
      Man storm came through here other day heavy rain 60 mph winds , luckily only some limbs knocked down , across this small hick town some other people had large tree's break and fall right next to their homes etc. power was knocked out on other side for others , in another town many other tree's broke and fell , etc.  another town closer to us had power all knocked out.  :o

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 07:09:11 am »
Lightspeed,

Could it be that something (a word, or phrase) might be 'Triggering" HAL to say that response, "The solution is (+=)."?
If so, that may be the real culprit but another thing is Where does that phrase reside? Hmm...

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 09:00:33 pm »
Art etc. i ran across some old and i mean old archives, 2010 .   
http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=7437.0

in one part aRobert wrote some of this.

You are using an old (pre 6.2) script with a 6.2 HalBrain.DLL  This was fixed in the Hal 6.2 default script. You can either switch to that version or change this section to:
Code: [Select]
'RESPOND: CALL MATH FUNCTION
    'This function from the DLL answers simple math questions, whether written out in words or with numerals.
    'If an answer is found, it overrides everything before this function.
    HMath = HalBrain.HalMath(OriginalSentence) & vbCrLf
    If Len(HMath) > 3 And Instr(HMath, "=)") = 0 Then
        GetResponse = HMath & vbCrLf
        ShortPhrase = "" 'If Hal was to make a comment about short phrases, clear it
        HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True
        NoChoosing = True
    End If
    HalBrain.DebugWatch GetResponse, "Math"
Report to moderator     Logged
Robert Medeksza
lightspeed
View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Online)

Re: ultrahal users questions to robert
? Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 04:32:01 pm ?
QuoteModifyRemove
robert , thanks so much for answering this , the reason i created this new brain this way was i was having so much problems with hal giving blanks answers and when i used this early version the blank answers stopped so i stayed with it, whre is this script that you posted, is  in the new brain db ? and or in the new brain uhp file??   and or you said i could change it to the newer version what do i need to do to use the new angela jolene brain with the newer version ??
Modify message
Report to moderator     65.255.147.28

Medeksza
Administrator

View Profile  http://www.zabaware.com  Email  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: ultrahal users questions to robert
? Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 04:38:40 pm ?
If you use the brain script called "Ultra Hal 6.2 Default Brain" you won't have these problems. If you use "Ultra Hal 6.2 Upgraded Brain" or something similar you may have this math problem. If you still want to use your old upgraded brain, you can edit the script to put the fix in.  Open your script and find the Math section. Then replace this:
If Len(HMath) > 3 Then
with this:
If Len(HMath) > 3 And Instr(HMath, "=)") = 0 Then

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOOOO , maybe this is the problem ?    will have to try to look into it again when  my mind is more clear , to many things going on in my life right now plus being tired and sore.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 02:18:56 pm »
here is another interesting site that you can learn hal interesting facts from the 50's and 60's of tv shows etc. there are other subjects at this website to.
 :)
https://www.dailydoowop.com/category/classic-tv-shows/