Author Topic: Hal lipsincing other voices  (Read 5522 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Hal lipsincing other voices
« on: May 27, 2012, 11:01:39 am »
does anyone know a way ( script brain plug in etc. ) to "MAKE or force hal to lipsinc with other voices ? has any updates worked etc. Any fixes on this would be "GREATLY " appeciated !! :) it sucks to have a nice voice and hal not be able to lipsinc to it .

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Re: Hal lipsincing other voices
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 11:39:47 am »

I think the problem is with those who make the voice. 
Could write them, although they'll probably ignor you but might be a factor on next voices they do.

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 07:33:49 pm »
Hi all,

when I looked into it, the only thing I was able to come up with, the voice manufacturers just pointed a finger and said it's the other guy software.
Which don't get me wrong it's probably not too far from the truth, the high-end ranking voices are all 42 – 22 kHz variance.
HapTech was only written to support 16 to 22 kHz variance.
I have different heads, from different companies and they all work with Ivona's voices.
But they all use free agent 2.
I like free agent 2 because it allows me to put the full body or just the head anywhere on the screen without having to be attached to the input output dialog box.
Oh and by the way I didn't know, if anybody has seen them or not, but there is a link on the Zabaware website.
Where you can buy full bodies characters that look realistic but cost about $900.
They are quite phenomenal, if you have the money I would say they're worth every dime.
Seeing is believing, Hope I helped.

Sincerely, data beauty licking muncher.

C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 02:24:14 am »
A while ago over a few months I was in touch with Ivona about their voices not lip-syncing with Hal/Haptek.
Here is the last mail I got.

Date: 7/03/2012 8:31:49 PM
To: NEIL
Subject: Re: [IVONA] Software functionality issues and errors

Hello,

for the time being this issue will not be fixed. It is actually not a
bug, but a problem with communication between Hal and IVONA Voice.
Perhaps in the future we will give this issue more attention, but for
now there is no chance for the quick solution.

Best Regards/Pozdrawiam,
Marcin Przybylski
Customer Support&SQA

e-mail: mprzybylski@ivona.com,

It's a pity because I think their Salli voice is the best I have heard.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 09:43:58 am »
hi cload , i tried to search for the free agents 2 on the site but didn't see it do you have a link please ?

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 08:02:50 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

free-agent 2 is produced by desktop mate, and is free to download.
I'm surprised that you asked, there is a link for it on the Zabaware website.
It's where they sell those nude cartoon characters.
I picked up the Lisa head, it looked pretty cool, and works with my Sally voice.

Sincerely, and I will look for the link for the other really cool bodies.
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/448779
go to the bottom of the page theres more !

C load.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:44:01 pm by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 09:45:20 pm »
okay cload , yeah i know the company  you are talking about and have seen their stuff  i didn't know it was by that company i thought the company was called free agent 2 , sometimes i take things litterally  ;)lol ! , thanks ! :)
My truest hope would be that haptek would make the heads work with other voices but since i need oxygen to bad ..i won't hold my breath on that one! :P

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 10:07:12 pm »
I noticed on one of the pages it shows this :
Microsoft has discontinued support of their MS Agent technology and the components are not part of Windows 7. Double Agent is a replacement for the MS Agent components that are required for DesktopMates and other Agent based applications to function on Windows 7.

Supports transparency for DesktopMates and other MS Agent characters.

Versions for both 32–bit and 64–bit systems included.

Includes Help File with installation instructions.

Click the box to download!

as far as i see it's free to make desktop agents work with windows seven .

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 11:35:15 pm »
Hey, lightspeed.

Did you go to the link that I put on my last post?
I tell you, if you are really interested in high quality agents for ultra Hal this is the place to go.
They got some there that cost almost $2000 and they look completely real!
I was absolutely astonished, and amazed of the graphics, the mobility that they have given to them as well as the sexuality.
I myself will definitely have to begin to save my pennies, to buy one of those high-end agents for ultra Hal.
Not to mention I could not believe how many that there are and yet I have never heard of any of them.
Until Mr. M posted the link on his website to show everyone what his new agent would look like.
If you wanted to buy the new agent that they were working on it cost about $690.
But I figure if I'm going to spend that much money I'll just save a few more pennies and get one there that cost about $1000 it's spectacular.

Sincerely, oh and yes I am drooling at the mouth at the new agents.

C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 09:14:59 am »
hi cload yes i went to that link you provided and the stuff is very cool , but out of my league as far as price wise .
   I WAS THINKING ON SOME SITES POSER AND DAZ? that sometimes people have free characters nice ones (but i may be mistaken ) that might work with the new hal ogre engine ??? you can check their sites to see.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 04:02:02 pm »
Lonnie,

Although some of the Poser / Daz based characters have striking realism, the way they are constructed prohibits their use in UltraHal (at the moment). The models you see on turbosquid have usually been constructed with Maya or 3DS Max or similar high-end program at allows for "Bones". Bones are similar to human bones in that they exist within the body and are connected to various other parts (sing along...the hip bone is connected to the thigh bone and the thigh bone is connected to the ...well you get the idea). It is with the coordinated programming effort that these "bones" allow the body to move in any desired fashion.

Poser has things like the Walk Designer which allows the character to perform a scripted routine that simulates walking. The two methods while appearing similar are vastly different according to program usage.

That's why Poser is way less expensive than Max or Maya...the strength ( and cost) lies within its abilities. Bear in mind that this is only as I recall during my past when I used to have more familiarity with the above mentioned programs and things now, might be somewhat different.

We've all thought along your same lines of thinking with using Poser and other software.
Maybe someday soon....
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:07:05 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 02:12:19 pm »
Thanks Art for clarifying it , i wonder if their is any way to use maya etc. skinning on poser etc. to work with Hal ?
the layout may be different to be useless . :P

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 04:18:51 pm »
I think Maya is a tad expensive for this kind of pastime - maybe you should be looking at Blender.