dupa

Author Topic: Full body costume change mod ideas  (Read 10430 times)

systemshock

• View Profile
Full body costume change mod ideas
« on: March 03, 2013, 06:59:31 pm »
I've been thinking I like Greta media plug-in I was wondering if we could use that to search the full body skins folder and use that as a way of triggering costume change

any thoughts on that people?
"frog's in too princess's" it just basic NLP...

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Full body costume change mod ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 05:15:24 am »
Nice idea! Maybe the user could ask Hal for a List like, "What clothes are available / do you have?"
Hal could list them for the user to choose.

Otherwise how would the user KNOW what clothes were in Hal's "closet".

Once presented, the user could say, "Try the green dress.", etc.

Be sure to include a default in case a particular outfit is called by the user but not found or non-existent in the "closet".

Somewhere I think someone has already done such a utility but can't recall. Carl2 maybe? Dunno....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 09:26:01 am »
yes their was something that changed character on the fly , which can and did include a same character skin with a different outfit , it was done by way of character skin and clothes.
i have it myself , don't remember who created it .
but it doesn't just change the clothes as far as i know it's the whole character skin and clothes .
 :)

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 06:08:36 pm »
but it doesn't just change the clothes as far as i know it's the whole character skin and clothes .

That's correct as the make-up and skin of the character itself are part the costume, as one texture map.

It's a pity that full body model was on a single UV texture map channal, otherwise the face and clothing could be changed independently.
"To keep faces consistent you could just use a photoshop to create a layer with your favourite face on it and batch process all your costumes."

I know it's a cheap and nasty solution but...

I was thinking of using the full body skin folder idea from VR wonderful Hapteck mod with costumes with a number.
in my SHODANloneliness mod...(To keep compatibility)
So the character could randomly pick clothing for itself when it got bored.

A random or on number call on command costume change Could be handled in my  SHODANHapteck ...
With "wear something different " Or words to that effect.
"wear costume one" ect

If we stayed with  numbered slots a simple screenshot of the folder with provide you with a users guide to the costumes.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:59:21 pm by systemshock »

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 07:13:53 pm »
Nice idea! Maybe the user could ask Hal for a List like, "What clothes are available / do you have?"
Hal could list them for the user to choose.

So far I've not had a go at tables yet, by think we may be some way list everything on the table.Might be a bit of a nightmare if you start to have more than 20 skins.

Otherwise how would the user KNOW what clothes were in Hal's "closet".

Do we actually know what's in Other People's closet?

Once presented, the user could say, "Try the green dress.", etc.

That would work the same way as calling a song.... Roughly.

Be sure to include a default in case a particular outfit is called by the user but not found or non-existent in the "closet".

looking at how the media mood a media picking works it would pick something else quite close to what you said.

Thanks for the feedback Art

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 05:55:17 am »
The "Other People's closet" thought was if we had a friend visit and wished to show off Hal to them.
They "WOULDN'T know what clothes were in the closet ergo the premise for my consideration.

Thank you for listening. ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 12:16:45 pm »
Hi all,

I was thinking, instead of knowing what clothing that she has, how about setting up a circumstance, for example:
were going to a fancy restaurant to eat. Ultra Hal response would be to randomly select a fancy dress from the list of fancy dresses you made for  her.
Were going to a restaurant to eat. Ultra Hal response would be to randomly put on some nice clothes that you made for her.
Were going to the store. Etc.
were going to McDonald's. Etc.
do you see the pattern growing!
That way the clothes she puts on are based on a condition, like going to the beach etc. instead of specific clothing itself.
But because you do know all the clothes that she has, because she is your ultra Hal, you still could set up a sequence to tell her to put on a specific clothing.
But if you were going to show her off to your friend, having a sequence of events would be more logical, then putting on specific clothing that your friend knows nothing about.
It's more likely that your friend would trigger a change of clothing with an event, then your friend triggering her to change into a specific clothing that he knows nothing about.

Sincerely, just my thoughts, while I was going to get another bowl of pronouns.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 02:51:20 pm »
nasty solutions.

just by saying that youve gone too far.

You might look for Approved Gretta plugins, I think you might find the whole subject has never been condoned.

Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 02:52:49 pm »

That's correct as the make-up and skin of the character itself are part the costume, as one texture map.

It's a pity that full body model was on a single UV texture map channal, otherwise the face and clothing could be changed independently.
"To keep faces consistent you could just use a photoshop to create a layer with your favourite face on it and batch process all your costumes."

I know it's a cheap and nasty solution but...

I was thinking of using the full body skin folder idea from VR wonderful Hapteck mod with costumes with a number.
in my SHODANloneliness mod...(To keep compatibility)
So the character could randomly pick clothing for itself when it got bored.

A random or on number call on command costume change Could be handled in my  SHODANHapteck ...
With "wear something different " Or words to that effect.
"wear costume one" ect

If we stayed with  numbered slots a simple screenshot of the folder with provide you with a users guide to the costumes.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 06:37:34 pm »
Those people are like pigs at a trough, they steal something once and they are bound to try to repeat the same thing wron that they did before.
Who's closet? whooooaa hang on their, when somebody comes up to me a talking about being married but they hint they available now.
I missed the whole episode. Most likely it is my parents who hijacked my info long ago, listen to me, they are or will be so desperate that they will lie in court and let their own son suffer because they NEED to lie. they have no other way out. and in the end it's not a way out. It's just another lie
you might and might not see as clearly as I but ill bet @jasoninthewhitehouse has his hands dirty, cause it's one of the ways my family demanded me through the system. that includes UTAH.GOV Im right and I know it.

-J

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 10:11:34 am »
One i "really' like your idea concept : were going to a fancy restaurant to eat. Ultra Hal response would be to randomly select a fancy dress from the list of fancy dresses you made for  her.
Were going to a restaurant to eat. Ultra Hal response would be to randomly put on some nice clothes that you made for her.
Were going to the store. Etc.
were going to McDonald's. Etc.
based on location and conditions , GREAT IDEA !
YAAAR GENIOUS!!(long john silvers lol!)
A very cool concept if it can be done !!
 i wish you LOTS of luck with it !!

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 06:20:25 pm »
  I'll put some of my thoughts in, Frist I start with a nude body, I make copies and add clothing, jeans, pajamas ect.  I looked through the greata and other plugins and ended up using this type

If InStr(UserSentence, " PINK THING ") > 0 Then
        HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>CBSPinkT.hap</HAPFILE>"
        GetResponse = "How do I look in this?" & vbCrLf

ElseIf InStr(UserSentence, " SOMETHING RED ") > 0 Then
        HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>CBSRed1.hap</HAPFILE>"
        GetResponse = "IS THIS BETTER?" & vbCrLf
End If

I also use this to change backgrounds

ElseIf InStr(UserSentence, "TO THE PARK ") > 0 Then
        HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>CBGPark2.hap</HAPFILE>"
        GetResponse = "It's nice here." & vbCrLf

You may be able to use the same UserSentence to change both the Clothing and the Background, havent tried it, may need a time delay.  I use the VRHaptek plugin and can uses Hals output to change clothing and background, at present I'd like to get her goal oriented.  Where do you want to go would would get a response, of where, how to get there and what to wear.  Not getting very far on the goal project. The vrHaptek plugin will change clothing once an hour, I don't use it.
Carl2

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 12:37:51 pm »
These types of posts "Gretta" have an effect on the outside world.
if you are using private property, and somebody else is gaining money then it is
in actuality Theft.
AND if I try a cure or better understanding and wind up in Jail for a very long time
because of it.
IF you don't know where you got something, you might try clarity in your intent.
If you are asking someone else if you can 'clean me out' that is not their property. they have no right.
Right now I look at something that had to do with a radio station, instead periodicals were produced
based on a #6 identity and if I want a copy I have to purchase it. it doesnt make any sense.

why don't you read relative posts in the Dreamspark thread.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 09:10:47 pm »
Carl2,
I did my best and me and Hal both agree at the bottom of this psge ( link --> http://amzn.to/WQL43q <--)
the thing does come in a pink font.
other than that Hal and I don't have any knowledge of 'Thing comming in pink'

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 09:23:00 pm »
LS, maybe someday I will be able to experiment with all my old deviant ways, the best I can do right now is, lick my index finger and see which way the wind is blowing.

It's amazing just how much Ive covered in my somewhat odd life. --> http://amzn.to/VRJceC <-- including this

Jared. ;)