dupa

Author Topic: AIM BOT IN FULL VERSION NOT WORKING  (Read 3619 times)

MJRTOM

• View Profile
AIM BOT IN FULL VERSION NOT WORKING
« on: May 01, 2004, 01:01:03 pm »
Does any one know why the AIM BOT in the full version (yes I bought the full version) does not work but the Demo version does?  

I get stopped cold at login saying connection has timed out.  I triple checked to make sure it was not a password or login name issue and even un installed it and reinstalled it.  It works fine in the demo version...This just does not make sense.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Tom

MJRTOM

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 02:01:41 pm »
I looked deeper into the forums and it seems other have had this problem before and no one answered.  So I just kept fiddling with it..reinstalling and uninstalling..and finally it took.

Don't know why...but it finally works.

lostbowyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 02:51:24 pm »
At a guess, I would venture to say that you have some firewall software running on your system and it did not allow the aim access to the net. It probably did not ID the software correctly until you did a re-install

MJRTOM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 05:31:09 pm »
Actually, I did not have a firewall on that machine.  When  i would use the demo it would work with out flaw.  But the new one works now..however if I sign off i must reboot the computer to get it to back on.

As for the firewall, That is what I am messing with now.  Since I want to leave the computer un attended and want it connected to the internet I have been looking at firewalls.

Tried Zone Alarm basic.  Even if I give permission for the program to pass through it drops it dead in it's tracks.  Oh and the vector engine is crashing my computer so i removed it.  I turned on the XP firewall and that stopped it dead in it's tracks too.

just gotta find the right firewall and settings and all will be ok in Bot Ville.  LOL  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Jsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 11:04:09 am »
You can set permissions in Zone Alarm so it will automaticly let any program you specify through with out the promt or dialouge box. This may help, Ive had other programs have the same problem initializing when my firewall asked for permission, and this worked.

MJRTOM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2004, 03:42:01 pm »
I have set Zone Alarm to let different programs go through before but in this...it is a no go.  The Zone Alarm Engine was crashing out any way so I went with another fire wall.

All is well in bot ville!